Ryan Fitzpatrick opens up about hardest year, how it made him consider retirement.

joewilly12

1 hour ago, Larz said:

This is a throw away season. All that matters is the pups get reps. The only reason to watch a jets game this year is if hack is starting. Supporting a franchise that is starting mccown is insane.

With a couple exceptions we have had 48 throwaway seasons in a row

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad parody about the whole Fitz clusterfuk is the Jets signed McCown who is worse than Fitztragic and may end up starting the 2017 season. WTF!!! How many times do Jet fans have to get smacked in the head with a 2x4?

Good grief!!!

19 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

The sad parody about the whole Fitz clusterfuk is the Jets signed McCown who is worse than Fitztragic and may end up starting the 2017 season. WTF!!! How many times do Jet fans have to get smacked in the head with a 2x4?

Good grief!!!

The McCown signing is mind boggling 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

This is a throw away season. All that matters is the pups get reps. The only reason to watch a jets game this year is if hack is starting. Supporting a franchise that is starting mccown is insane.

I agree completely, but internet discussion forum history shows about 10% of us will remember these words in November when we're 2-6 and heading to oblivion.  It's one thing to say we are ready for the rebuild, another thing entirely for 90% of the fans to actually stomach it.

Can they take the prison sentence or will they choose the bedsheets?  Let's see how it plays out.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I agree completely, but internet discussion forum history shows about 10% of us will remember these words in November when we're 2-6 and heading to oblivion.  It's one thing to say we are ready for the rebuild, another thing entirely for 90% of the fans to actually stomach it.

Can they take the prison sentence or will they choose the bedsheets?  Let's see how it plays out.

SAR I

The hollow victory Jets fans are having over us cutting Brandon Marshall will be gone when we are a joke next season again while the Giants are headed to another super bowl again

53 minutes ago, thadude said:

Fitz's only shot at even being in the NFL next year is some QB has a freak injury in TC or preseason.

Pathetic.

The guy put up a 10 win season with decent weapons and a team that cared passionately, he then played well enough to win 8 games with a lousy quitting team that didn't give a rats ass.

The reason he is not signed now is because his agent is holding out for a starting job.  Once that doesn't happen, Fitzpatrick will be the most sought-after backup QB in the league and/or will be someone's August starter after a Bridgewater type preseason injury.

SAR I

SAR I

Very few fans seem to have any idea what the jets are headed for and fewer will tolerate it. The jets may be the last team to win a game this season

24 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Good grief!!!

Bingo.

It's one thing to detest Fitzpatrick so much you are happy to see him go, but considering the alternative you have to wonder where some of these fans are at.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The guy put up a 10 win season with decent weapons and a team that cared passionately, he then played well enough to win 8 games with a lousy quitting team that didn't give a rats ass.

The reason he is not signed now is because his agent is holding out for a starting job.  Once that doesn't happen, Fitzpatrick will be the most sought-after backup QB in the league and/or will be someone's August starter after a Bridgewater type preseason injury.

SAR I

Nobody wanted Fitz after that 10 win season you are gloating about

Very limited player who is also a sh-thead as we learned about last season

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

It's one thing to detest Fitzpatrick so much you are happy to see him go, but considering the alternative you have to wonder where some of these fans are at.

SAR I

Because Mac has no clue how to evaluate the qb position is hardly a defense for Fitz.

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

The hollow victory Jets fans are having over us cutting Brandon Marshall will be gone when we are a joke next season again while the Giants are headed to another super bowl again

n-y-yankees-baseball-spring-training.jpg

Snacks Harrison.  Brandon Marshall.  Nick Mangold.

I'll be rooting for the Giants in the playoffs next year. 

David Cone, Dwight Gooden, and Darryl Strawberry were fantastic Yankees.

SAR I

n-y-yankees-baseball-spring-training.jpg

Snacks Harrison.  Brandon Marshall.  Nick Mangold.

I'll be rooting for the Giants in the playoffs next year. 

David Cone, Dwight Gooden, and Darryl Strawberry were fantastic Yankees.

SAR I

We let Snacks go but give Wilkerson $100 million to skip meetings and be a dud on Sunday

8 more months

1 minute ago, thadude said:

We let Snacks go but give Wilkerson $100 million to skip meetings and be a dud on Sunday

I thought we gave Mo something closer to $85M.  I think he has a rebound year being fully recovered and training during the offseason.

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

I thought we gave Mo something closer to $85M.  I think he has a rebound year being fully recovered and training during the offseason.

I think Wilkerson sucks.  Worse contract than Carmelo Anthony at least he tries

Just now, thadude said:

I think Wilkerson sucks.  Worse contract than Carmelo Anthony at least he tries

lets give carmelo a participation trophy.  Knicks are absolutely sh*t even with the pieces (of sh*t) they put around their centerpiece (of sh*t) this year and previous years.  We will  see what Mo brings this year.

10 minutes ago, thadude said:

Because Mac has no clue how to evaluate the qb position is hardly a defense for Fitz.

In New York, on a John Idzik disaster of a team, went 13-14.

Statistically speaking, it will take Josh McCown 21 years to equal that win total.

So you keep celebrating the .500 quarterback you don't want to resign to help the team evaluate young players while you watch a 2-20 quarterback play worse.  Much worse.  Fitzpatrick is the best fit for the Jets right now, a decent JAG who has proven he can handle the NY pressure and gets along swimmingly with Petty and Hack.

SAR I

In New York, on a John Idzik disaster of a team, went 13-14.

Statistically speaking, it will take Josh McCown 21 years to equal that win total.

So you keep celebrating the .500 quarterback you don't want to resign to help the team evaluate young players while you watch a 2-20 quarterback play worse.  Much worse.  Fitzpatrick is the best fit for the Jets right now, a decent JAG who has proven he can handle the NY pressure and gets along swimmingly with Petty and Hack.

SAR I

So why didn't they keep Fitzpatrick then? In your opinion?

7 minutes ago, August said:

So why didn't they keep Fitzpatrick then? In your opinion?

Fickle fans.

Too often this franchise bows to the whims of the fans, allows social media trolls to decide public opinion.  Mark Sanchez was run out of town by Twitter, Ryan Fitzpatrick was resigned by Facebook and now tossed aside by blogs.

I get that the front office wants to appease paying customers.  But sometimes they take internet emotion as gospel when it isn't.

SAR I

"Fitzpatrick is the best fit for the Jets right now,..."

OMG, can you say "LOSER!!"?

Yes, for this losing Jets franchise ,Fitzpatrick would be the best fit, which is why he should not be here. Well, maybe he should be here, where dudes routinely suck him off. but on an actual NFL franchise with hopes to turn things around, he is the exact opposite of "best fit".

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Fickle fans.

Too often this franchise bows to the whims of the fans, allows social media trolls to decide public opinion.  Mark Sanchez was run out of town by Twitter, Ryan Fitzpatrick was resigned by Facebook and now tossed aside by blogs.

I get that the front office wants to appease paying customers.  But sometimes they take internet emotion as gospel when it isn't.

SAR I

Here's the reason in my opinion. Fitzpatrick became a problem in that locker room and if you're a jag quarterback you better be seen and not heard and not cause issues. They would've probably kept him had he not pulled the shenanigans he did last offseason as well as trashing the front office, ownership and the coaching staff. He caused a ton of problems and on top of it his play was terrible. 

41 minutes ago, August said:

Here's the reason in my opinion. Fitzpatrick became a problem in that locker room and if you're a jag quarterback you better be seen and not heard and not cause issues. They would've probably kept him had he not pulled the shenanigans he did last offseason as well as trashing the front office, ownership and the coaching staff. He caused a ton of problems and on top of it his play was terrible. 

That's mythology, you need to see it properly.

Out of 275 hours, 59 minutes, and 16 seconds of media pregame and postgame interviews in New York, Ryan Fizpatrick had about 10 seconds you could question.  And if you listen closely to those 10 seconds, he merely answered a press question by reiterating what everyone was talking about on every backpage and radio show-  that management no longer believed in him and coming in cold to the Ravens game it was awkward.  He didn't throw anyone under the bus, he caused no locker room dissension.

It appears that the reason no one is showing interest in Ryan Fitzpatrick is because he still is holding out hope to be someone's starter, we learned that yesterday in this article.  The minute he lowers his standards and let's it be known he will be a backup, he'll get scooped up very quickly, perhaps by the Jets.  Perhaps we signed the worst backup in the NFL as a parachute in case the Fitzpatrick backup plan falls through.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

That's mythology, you need to see it properly.

Out of 275 hours, 59 minutes, and 16 seconds of media pregame and postgame interviews in New York, Ryan Fizpatrick had about 10 seconds you could question.  And if you listen closely to those 10 seconds, he merely answered a press question by reiterating what everyone was talking about on every backpage and radio show-  that management no longer believed in him and coming in cold to the Ravens game it was awkward.  He didn't throw anyone under the bus, he caused no locker room dissension.

It appears that the reason no one is showing interest in Ryan Fitzpatrick is because he still is holding out hope to be someone's starter, we learned that yesterday in this article.  The minute he lowers his standards and let's it be known he will be a backup, he'll get scooped up very quickly, perhaps by the Jets.  Perhaps we signed the worst backup in the NFL as a parachute in case the Fitzpatrick backup plan falls through.

SAR I

This post is filled with trolling, delusion and double standards. 

1 hour ago, August said:

This post is filled with trolling, delusion and double standards. 

Post Content A:  Ryan Fitzpatrick was a gentleman the whole time he was a Jet, he was beloved by people you admire like Nick Mangold, Brandon Marshall, and Eric Decker to name but a few.  He never threw anyone under a bus.  He said the FO lost faith in him and it was hard to play under those conditions.  BFD.

Post Content B:  Ryan Fitzpatrick is still the best backup candidate for the Jets and he's still unsigned because he wants to be a starter, if he chooses to accept a backup job the Jets are a single McCown cut away from bringing him back to mentor the kids he already has bonded with.

Double Standards:  I have no clue what you are trying to say, so be specific.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Post Content A:  Ryan Fitzpatrick was a gentleman the whole time he was a Jet, he was beloved by people you admire like Nick Mangold, Brandon Marshall, and Eric Decker to name but a few.  He never threw anyone under a bus.  He said the FO lost faith in him and it was hard to play under those conditions.  BFD.

Post Content B:  Ryan Fitzpatrick is still the best backup candidate for the Jets and he's still unsigned because he wants to be a starter, if he chooses to accept a backup job the Jets are a single McCown cut away from bringing him back to mentor the kids he already has bonded with.

SAR I

More delusion trolling and double standards. I literally just gave you the likel reason(s) why he was unsigned by the Jets. He created division in the locker room, threw management, coaches and ownership under the bus and then later on came out and said he has no interest in mentoring Petty. So based on all that why would the Jets bring him back? And if McCown gets hurt then they roll with Petty and Hackenberg and live and die with those two. 

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If he wants to be a starter, what makes you think he wants to be stuck as a "mentor" to the other QBs? If he is such a great backup, why not sign behind an unstable/injury-prone QB as their backup. He legit has no shot at starting a game once those 2 get in the mix. Doesn't sound like a great path to being a starter, which he clearly wants to be.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Buffalo, Baltimore, Cleveland, Buffalo were Fitzpatrick wins.

Cincinnati and Miami were Fitzpatrick wins at the 2:00 warning before the D and ST blew them.

Rams and 49ers games would have been easy Fitzpatrick wins as they were for Petty.

That's 8-8.  With a sh*tty team that quit on its head coach, that played like it didn't care, that was one of the worst effort and worst attitude Jets teams in history.

They wanted him gone, so he is.  Josh McCown is 2-20 in his last 22 games over the last 3 years.  Think about that.  And they're applauding.

SAR I

i've been beating the same drum.  i've stated that 8-8 was easily attainable and even 10-6 was doable if the ball bounced right.  the bottom line is you can't win if you have a negative turnover ratio but part of that ratio is turnovers by the other team.  the defense rarely forced a turnover. it's always been ridiculous to blame the season on fitz's performance especially when guys like marshall were dropping nearly 50% of the passes to him.  and not all were off target.  but somehow it has all morphed into fitz's fault.

we'll have to see what happens and hopefully enjoy the show.

37 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i've been beating the same drum.  i've stated that 8-8 was easily attainable and even 10-6 was doable if the ball bounced right.  the bottom line is you can't win if you have a negative turnover ratio but part of that ratio is turnovers by the other team.  the defense rarely forced a turnover. it's always been ridiculous to blame the season on fitz's performance especially when guys like marshall were dropping nearly 50% of the passes to him.  and not all were off target.  but somehow it has all morphed into fitz's fault.

we'll have to see what happens and hopefully enjoy the show.

We wouldn't have went 10-6 without Fitzpatrick therefore we went 5-11 because of Fitzpatrick. Let's keep it consistent. 

1 hour ago, August said:

More delusion trolling and double standards.

He created division in the locker room, threw management, coaches and ownership under the bus...[snip]

Show me evidence of "division in the locker room".  Show me evidence besides the 10 second humble and honest admission that the FO gave up on him that he "threw management, coaches, and ownership under the bus".

Not your emotional creation.  Hard facts.  Where are the quotes from ex-teammates?  Where are his quotes assassinating Bowles, Maccagan, or Mr. Johnson?

SAR I

1 hour ago, mtwarlock31 said:

If he wants to be a starter, what makes you think he wants to be stuck as a "mentor" to the other QBs? If he is such a great backup, why not sign behind an unstable/injury-prone QB as their backup. He legit has no shot at starting a game once those 2 get in the mix. Doesn't sound like a great path to being a starter, which he clearly wants to be.

I think he views himself as a starter and will only take a backup role once he has exhausted all other options. 

If the time comes for him to realize he is no more than a backup, and if he still wants a roster spot, he'll get taken quickly by a team who needs a suitable player to step in and win a game in an emergency, something Fitzpatrick is very good at.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, August said:

We wouldn't have went 10-6 without Fitzpatrick therefore we went 5-11 because of Fitzpatrick. Let's keep it consistent. 

Oh, I see, the quarterback is the only position of merit on the playing field.  Especially his impact on defense, you know, the 25 minutes of each game he's actually not on the field.

We went 10-6 because the defense, running game, and passing game all clicked and we had the easiest schedule in the NFL.

We went 5-11 because the team hated its coaching staff, the Top 3 caliber defense decided to throw in the towel, and we had the toughest schedule in the NFL.

Put another way, Ryan Fitzpatrick played the exact same in 2016 as he did in 2015.  Same player.  What changed is everything else around him.  Either way, we weren't supposed to go 10-6 last year on the strength of a 37 year old journeyman quarterback on his 7th team in 12 years.  We were supposed to win it on defense.  Blame the right people.

SAR I

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Only a team WORSE than the JETS would be "bluffed" into this move. I stand on my statement. Our front office has no balls and actually put their team on the back of a journeyman who was shown the door by 5 teams. Please... there is no support for the JETS here.  Having Fitz scoff at us, threaten to retire and then after we cut him says he wont retire tells me I want to play poker with our GM.

rofl you set up that game and I want in at the table as well!

Archived