Ryan Fitzpatrick opens up about hardest year, how it made him consider retirement.

joewilly12

14 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Its also kind of interesting that he is out of the NFL and on the books for more than Geno is making this year, lol. 

Goes to show how right you were when calling the organization "dumb". But then you ruin it by somehow trying to make a dumb move some sort of an indictment against a guy who still has an ongoing career. 

Your logic has been on fire today 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Take away the Kansas City game, he averaged the same amount of interceptions per game as he did the year before when he went 10-5 and people were ready for a parade.

SAR I

i'm glad someone brought this up.  some people were all saying geno would have fewer ints than fitz but when you do eliminate the kc game, fitz clearly was not the ont machine that geno was.  at this point it's all water under the bridge. i have my opinion as to what went wrong last season but the mods wouldn't like it.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Goes to show how right you were when calling the organization "dumb". But then you ruin it by somehow trying to make a dumb move some sort of an indictment against a guy who still has an ongoing career. 

Your logic has been on fire today 

You and joewilly12 are in lock step brah, logiczzzzzzssss!!

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I posted an article in todays Daily News don't like what I post put me on ignore, name calling is so lame on the internet. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Beerfish.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==Yeah its lame but you seem to have a pretty good habit doing it. Practice what you preach or STFU

People love to hate him, but if he took the deal that Macc originally offered, he'd be on the books and playing this year as a Jet. Bowles and Macc messed this whole situation up from the beginning. They don't deserve reprieve on this and I don't know why anyone is giving it to them here. 

They did, by offering a deal in the first place. Anyone with a shred of football knowledge knew Fitz's season was an aberration. It would take balls to let him walk, and our FO caved to the pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When thinking about the Fitzpatrick situation with the Jets, it becomes increasingly clear that Mike Maccagnan is one of those rare people that can be tricked into punching himself in the balls. 

Or Fitzpatrick will do it for him again and he will thoroughly enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

In fairness, he had so few suitors for two reasons:

1. Most teams already had the position filled

2. Maccagnan had already offered him a contract with $12m in year 1, $15m guaranteed total, and incentives that could have brought up the 2nd/3rd years to $12m per as well. Nobody else was going to match (let alone outbid) that amount, and what's more it's a contract Fitz scoffed at since he was seeking far more.

If we'd offered him 1 yr $7m or less, someone else may have shown serious interest but that isn't known either.

Rumors at the time were that Denver offered him right around 7-7.5.  Have no idea if it's true or not

Just now, joewilly12 said:

If not for the NY Jets this would have happened 2 years ago. 

Noodle-arm Harvardboy is still unsigned as of now and it's almost the end of April

Barring a freak injury we might have seen the last of Fitzgarbage 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Fuuck Fitzloser, least favorite Jets player ever. Self serving, arrogant, phoney, douche nozzle. I HATE him. Set this franchise back at least 2 years.

I'd say at least 5 if you consider the opportunity cost with regard player development.  And that's a best case sceanrio.  We are 3 years from being a legitimate franchise IF everything goes really well from here on out.

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When thinking about the Fitzpatrick situation with the Jets, it becomes increasingly clear that Mike Maccagnan is one of those rare people that can be tricked into punching himself in the balls. 

LOL

The Wilkerson deal wasn't much better.  Got to admit Macc's a tough dude.  Try punching yourself in the balls really hard..........twice.

Not as much fun as it soounds

11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

The Wilkerson deal wasn't much better.  Got to admit Macc's a tough dude.  Try punching yourself in the balls really hard..........twice.

Not as much fun as it soounds

The 2016 offseason really was an abomination 

3 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

I like Fitzpatrick.  Lots of Monday morning Qb's here.

He would have had a better season if he'd not missed all of camp and if Decker had played.

Um, what camp did he miss?  He reported during the first week of camp.  The problem is Fitzmagic hadn't picked up a football in anger since his heroic performance against the Bills that led us to the Play... wait, he sh*t the bed that game too. 

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Um, what camp did he miss?  He reported during the first week of camp.  The problem is Fitzmagic hadn't picked up a football in anger since his heroic performance against the Bills that led us to the Play... wait, he sh*t the bed that game too. 

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS!!

Good catch Jetblue .

Archived