Draft Rumors

C Mart

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Lazy NFL fan

Is that what you call contradiction in terms...or would it be more considered ironic?

And my point was it would be from one of us not anyone in the industry who actually knows what they're looking at or talking about 

Just now, T0mShane said:

By, like, distracting people from the fact that Josh McCown started all 16 games?

By the fact it will allow Hack to now have to throw the ball 30 times and potentially open up the play-action pass.

3 minutes ago, Seth said:

Fournette will help Hack immensely.

Neither Fournette or Howard can be successful with our current QBs and OL.  Howard can't make the the Pro Bowl with 25 catches.  And Fournette can't come close  to what Zeke did last year with 9 & 10 in the box.  And that's who he will be compared to each and every week.  Macc and Bowles Taking either of these guys to save their jobs this year would be idiotic.

If they are feeling the heat, they will do the best thing they can do to keep the games close and that's rebuild their secondary.

Not saying I agree with any of this but IMO, this draft go defense because next year when we get Darnold, we should be loading up the offense around him every draft for the next decade.  

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, think it will help Christian Hackenberg if he never throws it 30 times.

#1 reason I want a RB right there!  Take the air out of the ball on offense.  Wouldn't mind a trade down and taking Cook or McCaffrey also but anything that gives the offense a running identity would be a good thing in my opinion.

Not even half of it. Ebron had one of the worst hands in college football Howard had some of the best. And not just willingness to block but ability to block. A Howard Ebron comparison would be from nobody except a layman, bored, lazy NFL fan who never watched either play in college. 

His hands are decent. Not some of the best. That's you Howard fans rounding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

Watson to the Jags at 4 has some heat to it hear on the local radio in Jax.

I think this is serious smoke, just like Cleveland floating the idea of taking a QB at #1.  Everyone wants to trade back in this Draft it seems.  Who knows, maybe the Jags think the Jets have a hard-on for Watson and would move up?  Unless someone snuck into the Jags draft room and saw their board I don't know why or how a rumor like this would emerge on the morning of the Draft....unless simply to scare some teams behind them into trading up.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think this is serious smoke, just like Cleveland floating the idea of taking a QB at #1.  Everyone wants to trade back in this Draft it seems.  Who knows, maybe the Jags think the Jets have a hard-on for Watson and would move up?  Unless someone snuck into the Jags draft room and saw their board I don't know why or how a rumor like this would emerge on the morning of the Draft....unless simply to scare some teams behind them into trading up.

I dunno. There is some serious top end talent at the top. I don't think it's at the usual positions but they are there.

17 minutes ago, Seth said:

By the fact it will allow Hack to now have to throw the ball 30 times and potentially open up the play-action pass.

Yeah totally take the two down back with an injury history who wasn't even the best talent as far as running backs on his college team. 

11 hours ago, section314 said:

Andrew Luck, and we call it a day?:D Honestly, don't know the roster well enough. They need players, that's why having to give multiple picks would hurt them. Probably swapping first's this year and a first or second next year would be better for them. 

Yeah I did a quick look at their roster and wasn't really enthused by much in the way of reality lol

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Via shefter

Here we go: Bears are considering trading back from No. 3, per sources.

So now we've heard that the Bears want to move back from 3, and earlier today it was reported Tenn wanted to move back from 5... Merrr... Doesn't bode well for the Jets, unless the asking prices are crazy.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

As usual the jets are going to get ****ed by the teams in front of them trading back.  :(

Not really.  Five players are going to get picked before us no matter who makes the picks.  It might hurt our chances of moving back but by the same token, we are hurting the teams at 7, 8 and 9 from doing the same.  There's not a single guy we really, really need and want that we're going to get sniped from.  There will be a guy.  Chances are, the #1 Kicker will still be available to us at 6.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Not really.  Five players are going to get picked before us no matter who makes the picks.  It might hurt our chances of moving back but by the same token, we are hurting the teams at 7, 8 and 9 from doing the same.  There's not a single guy we really, really need and want that we're going to get sniped from.  There will be a guy.  Chances are, the #1 Kicker will still be available to us at 6.

There are only certain players that teams will want to trade up for.  If two or three go before us no one will want to trade with us and I really want to traded down.  I just do not like our options.  Howard or hooker as people are talking?  Not what i am hoping for.

Archived