This is what happens in the other team's war room as soon as they pick up Macc's call....

Lil Woody

29 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Just so you know, every thought that crosses your mind isn't worthy of a thread. 

LOL. Sure thing bud....and just so you know...I do tend to post in a stream of consciousness type of style....if it's worthy of a comment...feel free to add to it.  If not let it drop to the 2nd page into the abyss.  Or just block me if that's your thing.... I'm not a guy who takes it personal. 

3 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

LOL. Sure thing bud....and just so you know...I do tend to post in a stream of consciousness type of style....if it's worthy of a comment...feel free to add to it.  If not let it drop to the 2nd page into the abyss.  Or just block me if that's your thing.... I'm not a guy who takes it personal. 

We really don't ban people, so that's not going to happen. But there are a lot of threads here that you could have posted it in. It's easier for everyone to read if the main board isn't flooded with stream of consciousness threads. Please try and find a thread that your thought would fit in before starting a new one. If there's not go ahead and start a thread. In this case there are multiple. 

Thanks bud

6 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

This trading back to accumulate 5,6th round picks that will be released in a year drives me crazy.

Not only the jets are having a bad draft a bunch of other teams are stepping on their own d-cks trying to be cute

Notice the smart teams like the Giants and Steelers simply stay where they are and pick good players that fall to them

Funny. All you ever read here by the "expert GMs" during the draft is trade down, get more picks, we need depth. 

So Maccagnan decides this yr to listen to all these "experts", trades down, accumulates picks and the "experts" then say "why trade down for useless picks.  Maccagnan sucks"  

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Funny. All you ever read here by the "expert GMs" during the draft is trade down, get more picks, we need depth. 

So Maccagnan decides this yr to listen to all these "experts", trades down, accumulates picks and the "experts" then say "why trade down for useless picks.  Maccagnan sucks"  

Right? Everyone just looking for some way to be cynical. It's sad. 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Right? Everyone just looking for some way to be cynical. It's sad. 

Not cynical at all.  Mac has completely blown 3 straight 2nd round picks that's a big reason why he will be unemployed next January

Ditto for our mouth-breather HC

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

Not cynical at all.  Mac has completely blown 3 straight 2nd round picks that's a big reason why he will be unemployed next January

Sorry man, it really is cynical... I understand it, I do. But everyone is having more fun giggling at sarcastic comments then trying to find bright spots or focus on how this is a complete rebuild and how this can work out... Again it's fine. To each their own. But a lot of people just post here to roll their eyes and lol at the team. It's just disappointing. 

6 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Sorry man, it really is cynical... I understand it, I do. But everyone is having more fun giggling at sarcastic comments then trying to find bright spots or focus on how this is a complete rebuild and how this can work out... Again it's fine. To each their own. But a lot of people just post here to roll their eyes and lol at the team. It's just disappointing. 

Well yeah teams usually rebuild by loading up on two dozen strong safeties

Mac is lost -- look at our QB situation it is historically inept

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

Well yeah teams usually rebuild by loading up on two dozen strong safeties

Mac is lost -- look at our QB situation it is historically inept

I know, I know. I'm def not saying you're not warranted on how you're feeling... But you can also find plenty of people that like the picks if you look for a bit... Or go watch a highlight video or two of these guys and watch them play and get excited. Ya, they could have taken a RB or something, but what good does that do them? For one thing they have a very meh OL still... They took the best guys they could and turned a weakness into a potential strength. They have a ways to go and these are solid pieces.

Anyway, I'm not looking to debate and go back and forth. Plenty of that going on! I'm just trying to get folks to put aside the doom and gloom for just 15 minutes and go look at the players and 'expert' reviews and try to see what they're trying to do and what positives could happen... The fact is none of us have a clue what will happen. So right now we can decide how we want to view things... And I just wish some folks would just try and look at the brightspots for a bit, and maybe let themselves get a little excited about the possibilities and how things could come together. Go back to the anger and hopelessness later if you want, but just take a little time to think about how it could work. You've got nothing to lose. 

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I know, I know. I'm def not saying you're not warranted on how you're feeling... But you can also find plenty of people that like the picks if you look for a bit... Or go watch a highlight video or two of these guys and watch them play and get excited. Ya, they could have taken a RB or something, but what good does that do them? For one thing they have a very meh OL still... They took the best guys they could and turned a weakness into a potential strength. They have a ways to go and these are solid pieces.

Anyway, I'm not looking to debate and go back and forth. Plenty of that going on! I'm just trying to get folks to put aside the doom and gloom for just 15 minutes and go look at the players and 'expert' reviews and try to see what they're trying to do and what positives could happen... The fact is none of us have a clue what will happen. So right now we can decide how we want to view things... And I just wish some folks would just try and look at the brightspots for a bit, and maybe let themselves get a little excited about the possibilities and how things could come together. Go back to the anger and hopelessness later if you want, but just take a little time to think about how it could work. You've got nothing to lose. 

Well said. Good luck with it tho. But most won't. They'd rather just say jets suck Maccagnan sucks. 

16 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

There was also people who liked the Gholston, Milliner, Pryor, Lee picks as well.  I'll wait.........................

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Not only the jets are having a bad draft a bunch of other teams are stepping on their own d-cks trying to be cute

Notice the smart teams like the Giants and Steelers simply stay where they are and pick good players that fall to them

The Giants have not had a good or "smart" draft by any stretch of the imagination.  It's been a whole lotta "eh".

Their first round pick was a top of the 2nd round WR/TE hybrid.  

So-so on the 2nd round pick.  Tomlinson is alright. Could've done worse I guess.

Webb is a waste.

Steelers?  Love their picks.

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Amazing how many posters believe they know more than a GM who has spent over 20 years employed by the NFL

Yea right. Like how do you go from 10 wins to 4 the following year and are projected to go 3-13 the next. Only a smart GM would know this.

39 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

There was also people who liked the Gholston, Milliner, Pryor, Lee picks as well.  I'll wait.........................

Mac is clueless and a horrible evaluator. His picks are not panning out. Of course it's difficult to screw up a top 10 pick so thank goodness we took Leo and Adams the last 2 years. Other than that, his drafts have been horrendous. He's wasted 3 2nd rounders on Hack, Smith and now Mayes. He wasted a 1st on Lee who is totally overwhelmed. I've said it countless times, if it wasn't for Fitz saving his azz on a pure whim, Mac's entire tenure here would have been abysmal. That rookie 10 game season which won him 'executive of the year' was a total fluke. This team is spinning out of control. Mac has no clue how to draft or trade up or down and address needs or find players that fill them. Now if we are lucky, will go 2-14 and hopefully get a chance to get a bonafide franchise QB. Unless we  get that #1 pick, I don't see Mac getting one. Other GM's will hop skip and jump over his stupid azz. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

You can wait to see what happens, but still take a position of cautious optimism. That's just not the default around here. And again, I get it. I do. But when I'm faced with the choice I just like to try and see what the best outcomes could be. I just find that more enjoyable than being cynical and playing arm-chair GM and critic... I know not everyone is the same though... Not pretending I know what's best for everyone.

If someone doesn't work out, then I'm disappointed of course, but I'll have at least spent draft night feeling a little excited and optimistic and willing to wait and see what someone brings to the table. To me, that's just more fun than taking a default position that no one knows what they're doing and everyone they draft will bust. I am not anymore or less disappointed because I was hopeful for a player.  It's just more fun for me to watch highlight reels, listen to scouting reports, and enjoy the possibilities. 

It doesn't seem that long ago where loads of posters demanded we burn it down, total rebuild, long haul, we've got the patience ... I guess that lasted all of two days of the first draft. ?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

Just so you know, every thought that crosses your mind isn't worthy of a thread. 

Doesn't the forum self-correct that?  If people don't reply then the post drops down off the 1st page.  Why would you discourage people from posting (as long as it's done in "good faith")?

6 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Amazing how many posters believe they know more than a GM who has spent over 20 years employed by the NFL

COP....  I personally know 1 GM (at my golf club) and an assistant GM (client).  They start as young kids in the organization and get promoted up.  

They arent always as smart as you would think.   There is a bell curve.  There are a lot of bad ones. Good ones too of course.  I was watching a special talking about how scouts and coaches look at a guy in the combine and get all wet inside.  Yet that player has no great film.  BUT..they believe he is worthy to develop. Vlad and Hill come to mind.  

Very little the Jets, Browns etc.. have done tells me our GM's are that smart.

Yet the same teams keep drafting smart, developing and winning and they NEVER have our better spot.

Pats, Steelers, Giants, Ravens come to mind.

6 hours ago, thadude said:

Lol. It's nice when you can say things to no consequence. Everyone claims they want trade downs and that good teams do it until they don't then they go and get the player they covet until that's not true either. Now the claim is that good teams stay where they are... it's all hoopla

27 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

COP....  I personally know 1 GM (at my golf club) and an assistant GM (client).  They start as young kids in the organization and get promoted up.  

They arent always as smart as you would think.   There is a bell curve.  There are a lot of bad ones. Good ones too of course.  I was watching a special talking about how scouts and coaches look at a guy in the combine and get all wet inside.  Yet that player has no great film.  BUT..they believe he is worthy to develop. Vlad and Hill come to mind.  

Very little the Jets, Browns etc.. have done tells me our GM's are that smart.

Yet the same teams keep drafting smart, developing and winning and they NEVER have our better spot.

Pats, Steelers, Giants, Ravens come to mind.

That's because they have the qb. The recent slew of "value picking" comments only applies to a team with a qb. They have to afford their franchise player while building a good roster, that process makes sense for them. For a team like us taking potentially great players is the only thing could eventually work. I'm not saying I'm happy with the draft so far but I'm not gonna pretend to know things about scouting or the inner workings of negotiations.

My dog would have had a better draft

Great post. We drafted 3 players and by all indications 2 will start and 1 is considered the best player in the draft and possible leader / captain in changing the culture of our team. Yeah, horrible draft.....

Yes, Hackenburg is horrible because the media, who has barely seen him play in practice says so..........

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

I could care less about trading down from #107 to #119 to pick up pick #204...now trading out of #6 for extra 1sts, 2nds and 3rds some this year some next?  Thats the play when the board hands you a SS at 6 and you have a roster like ours needing players at more critical positions than SS.  Not saying we don't need a SS, just that I think taking shots at filling multiple more critical positions with round 1-3 talent is the smarter way to go.

Archived