Ron Weasley reports Jordan Leggett has bad hands/poor routes

Lil Woody

Connor Hughes commented on what he saw.  It's what he's paid to do.  Why are people getting upset?

Was he supposed to keep his observations to himself?  Did he not say within the article that the QB's were terrible?

16 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

(Rotoworld) Connor Hughes of NJ Advance Media said Jets fifth-round TE Jordan Leggett "needs some work."

Analysis: Hughes came to that conclusion after watching Leggett struggle through rookie minicamp last week. While Hughes was impressed with Leggett's physical makeup (he's listed at 6'6/258), he criticized his "technique" and found his route-running to be "rough." Hughes also noted that Leggett dropped a "handful of easy passes" during receiving drills. Regardless of whether he's ready, Leggett should have a chance to see the field right away, particularly with Austin Seferian-Jenkins facing a two-game suspension to begin the year.

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You seriously think Connor Hughes believes this article will sell more copies of this local paper?

LIterally nobody on earth subscribes to the Star-Ledger specifically for this one guy's opinion piece about a Jets' 5th round rookie in May. 

Yup, I do.....

I can flip it around: Do you really think this is worthy of discussing in a paper, that a 5th round pick, who has been scouted, and touted, to having good hands, dropped a couple of passes?

He wrote what he saw, and if he dropped a couple of easy passes, it is what it is. 

But I watched a lot of Clemson all year and this guy always had good hands when the pass thrown to him, including coming up big in the national championship game. 

I'll start to get concerned when he's dropping passes in games. I'm more concerned with his willingness to become a better blocker.

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

He wrote what he saw, and if he dropped a couple of easy passes, it is what it is. 

But I watched a lot of Clemson all year and this guy always had good hands when the pass thrown to him, including coming up big in the national championship game. 

I'll start to get concerned when he's dropping passes in games. I'm more concerned with his willingness to become a better blocker.

maybe he got confused when deshawn watson wasn't throwing the ball to him.

17 hours ago, mphtrilogy said:

Beat writer over professional scout.. mmmok.. got it

By your logic, GMs like Idiotzik, Tanny and Mcc should never be questioned or make a mistake.  By definition, they should have more expertise than their scouts. Sometimes, folks on the outside see things clearer than the sycophants and dopes on the inside.

23 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

(Rotoworld) Connor Hughes of NJ Advance Media said Jets fifth-round TE Jordan Leggett "needs some work."

Analysis: Hughes came to that conclusion after watching Leggett struggle through rookie minicamp last week. While Hughes was impressed with Leggett's physical makeup (he's listed at 6'6/258), he criticized his "technique" and found his route-running to be "rough." Hughes also noted that Leggett dropped a "handful of easy passes" during receiving drills. Regardless of whether he's ready, Leggett should have a chance to see the field right away, particularly with Austin Seferian-Jenkins facing a two-game suspension to begin the year.

This draft is going to set a new low for this franchise

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

By your logic, GMs like Idiotzik, Tanny and Mcc should never be questioned or make a mistake.  By definition, they should have more expertise than their scouts. Sometimes, folks on the outside see things clearer than the sycophants and dopes on the inside.

People on here and JI were defending Idzik until mid-2014

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yup, I do.....

I can flip it around: Do you really think this is worthy of discussing in a paper, that a 5th round pick, who has been scouted, and touted, to having good hands, dropped a couple of passes?

Sure. He's evaluating newly-drafted prospects in a rebuilding year. What's the big deal? Even the author would acknowledge he's ultimately going to be what he's going to be, not necessarily what he was prior to his article. 

Especially with lower round picks, not everyone knows everything about them, and not every current subscriber or casual fan scours the internet for draft reports. 

But no, it's not going to help sell papers and if anything it'll risk alienating older, homer fans who get all their Jets news from the print version of the Star-Ledger.

55 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Dude Richardson, Pryor, Winters, Dozier, Smith...

2 drafts, 19 picks, 2 starter level players, only 5 are still in the NFL

Enunwa, Snacks, signed Decker, gave Macc $60 million in cap room

And how is Macc's draft record looking?

7 minutes ago, thadude said:

Enunwa, Snacks, signed Decker, gave Macc $60 million in cap room

And how is Macc's draft record looking?

Damn I forgot Enunwa and Snacks. I don't credit Idzik for the $60 Million in cap room. Those were set up by Tanny for that exact purpose and there was no creativity behind those decisions. The problem with Idzik and why Mac is probably better even if only marginally is that Mac seems to have a plan in place for filling the holes on the team while Idzik didn't have a clue. In case you wanted to know more about Idzik's laughable ability just look at the fact that he didn't revamp the scouting department of this team at all. He had no vision. 

For better or worse last years draft netted 4 starters, Lee, Jenkins, Shell, Burris plus contributors in Anderson, Peake and Marshall. 

5 hours ago, thadude said:

This draft is going to set a new low for this franchise

Our 5th round project TE who struggled with catching terribly thrown balls from future cashiers is not going to make or break this draft class.  It's not even worse than Tannenbaum 2012 class, let alone Idzik's phenomenal f*ck up in 2014.

People on here and JI were defending Idzik until mid-2014

No they weren't.  At least the same ones. 

Crazy thing is Idzik was actually better than Macc

You're out of your f*cking mind.

On 2017-05-07 at 9:35 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

You seriously think Connor Hughes believes this article will sell more copies of this local paper?

LIterally nobody on earth subscribes to the Star-Ledger specifically for this one guy's opinion piece about a Jets' 5th round rookie in May. 

I guess things have changed since I wrote for a newspaper...

17 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Damn I forgot Enunwa and Snacks. I don't credit Idzik for the $60 Million in cap room. Those were set up by Tanny for that exact purpose and there was no creativity behind those decisions. The problem with Idzik and why Mac is probably better even if only marginally is that Mac seems to have a plan in place for filling the holes on the team while Idzik didn't have a clue. In case you wanted to know more about Idzik's laughable ability just look at the fact that he didn't revamp the scouting department of this team at all. He had no vision. 

For better or worse last years draft netted 4 starters, Lee, Jenkins, Shell, Burris plus contributors in Anderson, Peake and Marshall. 

Idzik is directly responsible for the $60 million in cap room Mac inherited in 2015 which is why Mac still has a job

17 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Our 5th round project TE who struggled with catching terribly thrown balls from future cashiers is not going to make or break this draft class.  It's not even worse than Tannenbaum 2012 class, let alone Idzik's phenomenal f*ck up in 2014.

No they weren't.  At least the same ones. 

You're out of your f*cking mind.

Most posters on JI and here defended Idzik until we were 1-6 in 2014 and it was obvious he was way over his head

Macc still has some jets fans drinking kool-aid thanks to Idzik handing him 60 million in cap room plus Marshall falling in his lap in '15.  If not for those 2 things Macagnan and Bowles would both be unemployed now as opposed to next January

15 minutes ago, thadude said:

Idzik is directly responsible for the $60 million in cap room Mac inherited in 2015 which is why Mac still has a job

I already made my point about this point. Bring something new to the table please.

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I already made my point about this point. Bring something new to the table please.

So what moves has Macc made that have you impressed you so far besides cutting players he himself acquired?

7 minutes ago, thadude said:

So what moves has Macc made that have you impressed you so far besides cutting players he himself acquired?

I think his drafting has been better and the scouting changes have put us in better position at certain positions specifically wide receiver. I also credit him with making the move for Clady and having an actual vision for the future. He might fail but he has an idea, that's more than Idzik.

Mac is okay at best and Idzik was a disaster.

Just now, kdels62 said:

I think his drafting has been better and the scouting changes have put us in better position at certain positions specifically wide receiver. I also credit him with making the move for Clady and having an actual vision for the future. He might fail but he has an idea, that's more than Idzik.

Mac is okay at best and Idzik was a disaster.

His drafting record so far, excluding this season when he drafted a half dozen strong safeties, has not been good at all and that's being polite

10 minutes ago, thadude said:

His drafting record so far, excluding this season when he drafted a half dozen strong safeties, has not been good at all and that's being polite

2 safeties both capable in both traditional safety roles were added to the worst secondary in the league. The Maye pick is highly questionable but if the secondary stops some long plays last year we win 3 more games. If anything I'd like not to win 3 more games so this might be a bigger problem for that reason. Macc's biggest blunder was resigning Fitz and I feel like that was a media, fan culture decision rather than a football one. He gets a chance to reset that, we'll see how he does.

If you'd like to make a point besides repeating incorrect assessments then continue to make them. I'll be happy to discuss them. But if you're gonna make baseless claims with your only ally being hyperbole then this will be no fun.

22 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Dude Richardson, Pryor, Winters, Dozier, Smith...

2 drafts, 19 picks, 2 starter level players, only 5 are still in the NFL

This is a common refrain, but it isn't particularly true.  Amaro is on the Titans roster.  The Seahawks just signed Aboushi and will probably start him at LG.  PFF or some such gay numbers site rated him as #1 G in pass protection last year.  McDougle is still with the team. Trevor Reilly is on the Dolphins and played some last year after being picked up off the Pats practice squad.  

In addition to those guys, Jeremiah George is in Cowboys camp. So was Shaq Evans, but they cut him within a week of his being hit with a 4 game substance abuse suspension. Jalen Saunders was with the Bears, but was also cut after multiple substance abuse suspensions. No shock there after his time with the Jets.  Brandon Dixon is in Steelers camp.  Enemkpali is recovering from a torn ACL, but will probably land somewhere when he is healthy. Bohanon just signed with the Jags. 

The guy was horrible, but let's not act like he drafted guys with no legs.  I am one of the last guys to blame Rex for the drafts, but I credit him with Tajh Boyd.  Milliner is the head scratcher.  I get that he is hurt all the time, but you'd think somebody would have him in camp.  He had a tryout with the Panthers last November and must have looked awful. 

Archived