Jump to content
flgreen

Schefter: Jets to release David Harris


Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

David Harris' agents, Brian Mackler and Jim Ivler, on today's release of their client: "Very disappointing in the timing of this event and the decision. The Jets could have done this prior to free agency instead of waiting three months, especially for a player who has exhibited nothing but loyalty and class for 10 years."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, I responded:

Drafted Leonard Williams Named NFL executive of the Year, Led the Jets to an actual winning season. Drafted Jamal Adams etc.

his best work is the etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flgreen said:

David Harris' agents, Brian Mackler and Jim Ivler, on today's release of their client: "Very disappointing in the timing of this event and the decision. The Jets could have done this prior to free agency instead of waiting three months, especially for a player who has exhibited nothing but loyalty and class for 10 years."

Oh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

David Harris' agents, Brian Mackler and Jim Ivler, on today's release of their client: "Very disappointing in the timing of this event and the decision. The Jets could have done this prior to free agency instead of waiting three months, especially for a player who has exhibited nothing but loyalty and class for 10 years."

So Shefter announces the cut and then gets his agent's response..things that make you go hmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Oh-oh.......Sounds like the media is about to turn their hatred toward Macc..........Assurance from Woody or not, that will get him fired

Wow even if Hughes feels that way , its a douchebag thing to say about the team you cover. If I was the PR dept. , Hughes would be denied access to the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Uh you do know Wilk and Sheldon were benched for a half right? That's punishment. So you're not right

He blew it off to the media claiming it was no big deal.  Pretended like it was a one-time thing when it was later revealed by other teammates that it happened regularly.   Fine example of leadership. Bowles has no leadership skills. Bowles is not intelligent.  Bowles is not competent for this job. And the Jets are classless in the way they handled the release of Harris and Mangold.  You've said nothing to defend that except "all the other teams do it".  How convincing.  LOL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dcat said:

He blew it off to the media claiming it was no big deal.  Pretended like it was a one-time thing when it was later revealed by other teammates that it happened regularly.   Fine example of leadership. Bowles has no leadership skills. Bowles is not intelligent.  Bowles is not competent for this job. And the Jets are classless in the way they handled the release of Harris and Mangold.  You've said nothing to defend that except "all the other teams do it".  How convincing.  LOL.  

It doesnt matter how he talked about it to the media. There was a crime and there was a punishment. End of story.

I am no defending the action, I am attacking the reaction to people here and in the media who are making this a story. WHEN IT ISN'T ONE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seriously Jets fans and media will never change, And as they will never change, the organization will never change.

 

The trinity of idiocy.

oh, here we go with your blaming the fans for the Jets sucking again. Remember when you were banned? Good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Relax. Until I see this come out publicly, it's jsut speculation

just like the same exact rift between Rex and Idzik was "just speculation".  Uh-huh.  This is the result when the boss (Woody) insists on an organizational hierarchy that has never worked.   More of the same to come down the road.  All starts at the top.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dcat said:

just like the same exact rift between Rex and Idzik was "just speculation".  Uh-huh.  This is the result when the boss (Woody) insists on an organizational hierarchy that has never worked.   More of the same to come down the road.  All starts at the top.  

That's fine. Let me see it publiclly before calling it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK this is silly. The Jets did not intentionally dishonor or try to treat David Harris badly. I am sure that up to as late as last week Harris was going to be a Jet for the season. But then they agreed to get Demario Davis. And Demario should play in the Harris role, and Harris and his big salary became expendable. There was no malice or nothing bad done by the Jets here. It is just what unfolded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn shame he had to get old. He was a very, very good Jet.

Also a damn shame that our GM is will to overpay sh*tbags like Fitz and Revis and McCown in lost seasons, but not a tride-and-true Jet.

I wouldn't be singing the loyalist song here, if the GM was actually capable of being financially rational, but since he isn't... then I figure a regression towards wanting Harris to retire a Jet is within bounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Harris said:

I mean do I change my Username or do I just keep it out of respect?

 

I took it after his rookie year, he was the hardest hitting Jet I'd ever seen. 

 

He should go down as the best ILB the Jets ever had.   

Keep the name honor the player , like my namesake who IMO was the best ILB the Jets ever had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnnysd said:

OK this is silly. The Jets did not intentionally dishonor or try to treat David Harris badly. I am sure that up to as late as last week Harris was going to be a Jet for the season. But then they agreed to get Demario Davis. And Demario should play in the Harris role, and Harris and his big salary became expendable. There was no malice or nothing bad done by the Jets here. It is just what unfolded.

Mountains out of molehills. I secretly think everyone here LOVES to be miserable. So they jump and go into hysterics whenever something bad, even minutely happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I mean do I change my Username or do I just keep it out of respect?

 

I took it after his rookie year, he was the hardest hitting Jet I'd ever seen. 

 

He should go down as the best ILB the Jets ever had.   

Keep it - there's dude on here called "jojotownsell*" and he's just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I can think of for the timing of this is Macc was looking to clear cap space for a potential incoming trade?  I really have no idea why this happened now?  Were they working on a price cut for the last couple months and only within the last week talks completely broke down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×