Schefter: Jets to release David Harris

flgreen

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

Dude I don't know what you are getting at.  I even said I only went 3 pages deep.  If you read the entire thread and have examples you are more than welcome to paste them here directly instead of me wading through 984 posts to find the KC beat writer or KC fans flipping their wigs.  You posted the link so I figured you were familiar with the thread over there.

You asked if the Chiefs had the same response to Maclin.  I googled it, found that thread and noticed that they did in fact have the same response as Jets fans.  Some were upsets, angry and annoyed.  Others were happy and thought it was a good move.  I honesty was just doing you a favor to show that yea, fans are fans and you cant appeal the masses.  lol

When you posted what you did, I thought you were saying "see, they knew it was good", disregarding the hundreds of posts that felt the opposite. 

All good in the hood, homey! 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

You asked if the Chiefs had the same response to Maclin.  I googled it, found that thread and noticed that they did in fact have the same response as Jets fans.  Some were upsets, angry and annoyed.  Others were happy and thought it was a good move.  I honesty was just doing you a favor to show that yea, fans are fans and you cant appeal the masses.  lol

When you posted what you did, I thought you were saying "see, they knew it was good", disregarding the hundreds of posts that felt the opposite. 

All good in the hood, homey! 

Nah its all good, I just didn't get that impression from the first 3 pages and I was at work so didn't go any further.  Thats why I was asking what posts inferred to you that they were drama queens flipping their sh*t because they all seemed pretty cool headed on those first 3 pages, even the ones that weren't happy, like the one I quoted.  lol

Edit: of course I posted the wrong quote originally, this was the one from the 3rd page I was referring to as the most dramatic

It looks like the organization is viewing 2017 as preparation for 2018, when their new QB takes over...

This really screams to me that they dont think Alex can make it happen and dont really care about paying for weapons to support him. 

Look at the draft.....and now this.

They are ****ing over it, just like everyone else..

Bye Alex..

34 minutes ago, Bugg said:

After being around some Div. 1 and 2 facilities for "educational/parental" purposes(will discuss in 4 years or so) , despite being relatively new the Jets aren't better facility wise than any number of such schools and really worse than most I have seen. 

The NFL doesn't involve farewell tours because it's a cap sport that demands performance to justify salary. But that means these things have to be planned as much as you can. It cannot be perfect because the plan changes all the time on the fly-players decline, seasons go to hell, injuries. But this doesn't look like a plan at all. Looks like a front office unloading vets willy nilly as the flavor of the day the Jets   hoping draft picks and free agents step up. Otherwise you could have cut these guys months ago. Want to think that may even make sense. But picking 2 safeties at the top of the draft if this was in the offing lends credence to the jets yet again flitting to   the next bad idea of the day from yesterday's big idea.In fact it tells you each of these decisions was independent of the other decisions; that is not a plan.  With all these cuts, looks like chaos. And I say that well in support of sucking for Sam. 

Also if they start McCown then I'm just totally wrong. Unless McCown leads us to 2-14 then they executed their plan flawlessly... maybe. 

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I don't entirely disagree with you. Cutting Harris after acquiring Davis and not drafting a viable ILB especially with guys like Cunningham available screams of poor planning. And I really don't get the pick for Maye yet. He'll have to be our safety for 10 years for me to get that. 

My point however isn't that they don't have a plan but rather they suck at execution. The Decker thing is right in line with what many expected but the Harris thing seems random. That being said cap savings in a bad year is a good thing. And the only benefit that Mac has over Idzik is that he drafted the players that will lead this team in this rebuild year while Idzik played with Mangini and Tanny's roster.

The Harris cut makes sense.  He's old, overpaid and can't cover anyone on third down.  

The Decker cut makes no sense.  

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Also if they start McCown then I'm just totally wrong. Unless McCown leads us to 2-14 then they executed their plan flawlessly... maybe. 

No they signed McCown because they legitimately believe he can win a Super Bowl.  I'm not kidding they actually believe that

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

The Harris cut makes sense.  He's old, overpaid and can't cover anyone on third down.  

The Decker cut makes no sense.  

Yeah I mean we agree on the Decker cut - but you can always use a vet LB like Harris, even if just in running situations. His cap number was high - but they knew this 5 months ago.

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I mean we agree on the Decker cut - but you can always use a vet LB like Harris, even if just in running situations. His cap number was high - but they knew this 5 months ago.

A two down ILB isn't worth $7 million in base salary.  Really he's a one down ILB because teams are passing on 2nd down all the time now.

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

The McClown signing makes no sense now (not like it ever did but damn...)

They're actually trying to win next season believe it or not.  Macc legitimately believes this is somehow building a contender 

1 minute ago, thadude said:

A two down ILB isn't worth $7 million in base salary.  Really he's a one down ILB because teams are passing on 2nd down all the time now.

Yeah I get that - but why now? Why not 5 months ago to free up the money for someone else? Maybe they could have picked up a LB at that point? Then there is McCown......

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I get that - but why now? Why not 5 months ago to free up the money for someone else? 

I agree.  Harris should have been cut months ago I even started a thread "Why is David Harris still here?"

Macagnan is a hot mess

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

They're actually trying to win next season believe it or not.  Macc legitimately believes this is somehow building a contender 

Evidence points the other way on that... but... Especially with the answers he's giving at the Q&A occurring right now. 

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

If that is true Mac deserves to be fired, I understand if this is tanking for a shot at a franchise QB, but Josh is past the point of being any part of a contender (unless we are contending for the 1st pick in the draft)

I agree.  Harris should have been cut months ago I even started a thread "Why is David Harris still here?"

Macagnan is a hot mess

The organization is a hot mess. The best coach they have had since Parcells was Mangini and they gave him the shortest leash of all of them. It starts at the top. Reporters said Bowles looked surprised by this. lol

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

The organization is a hot mess. The best coach they have had since Parcells was Mangini and they gave him the shortest leash of all of them. It starts at the top. Reporters said Bowles looked surprised by this. lol

I'd bring back Mangini but as GM not HC.  There are better head coaches available

3 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

If that is true Mac deserves to be fired, I understand if this is tanking for a shot at a franchise QB, but Josh is past the point of being any part of a contender (unless we are contending for the 1st pick in the draft)

They're not tanking.  Amazing how everyone just assumes that

I'd bring back Mangini but as GM not HC.  There are better head coaches available

We agree. Mangini should be offered a job by this stupid organization yesterday. Idc what it is, GM would be fine.

5 hours ago, flgreen said:
  •  

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_

Whats the big deal. Yes it should have been done differently but Harris should never have been signed by Mac in the first place.  THIS TEAM IS GOING NOWHERE.  Cut ALL the dead weight and get these kids as much playtime as possible. We need to see who's going to sink or swim.  And the record has no bearing on performance this year. This team is set to fail BUT its wide open for many to take advantage and stake their claim.  This clears more money for Mac to extend some contracts and get these kiddie LB'S MORE PLQAYING TIME. if they fail to impress......be gone, especially the Hobbit.

I'm not short,I'm a hobbit funny illustration Stock Vector - 38564005

Just now, thadude said:

The McCown signing.  Macc actually thinks he can be a better version of 2015 Fitz.  He's not actually trying to tank he's just really bad

Dude was just asked why he signed McCown and he said "he brings something to the QB room." This is ******* bizarre and possibly incompetent but not lacking in a vision. Either Hack or Petty is good enough to make this roster respectable or we get the franchise in the next draft.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

you think maybe they tried to trade him? its a business......

Of course it is. In my business, I make sure to treat deserving employees with respect and dignity. I've let people go. Trust me, the way they found out was NOT from someone outside the business right after finishing an assignment.  Harris learned of his release from a reporter as he was leaving the practice field.  How humiliating after 10 years of service and commitment.  It's not the release that is unprofessional,  in fact he should have been cut last year or sooner this year, the problem is the way the Jets did it.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So what you want to do is strip away the veteran players and accumulate cap space so you can start a rebuild in earnest I'M JUST KIDDING that's exactly what Idzik did three years ago.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans: "Yes, getting cap space and no talent is great and exactly what we should do also John Idzik invented typhoid."

the difference, is that Idzik was bad at drafting, 

*shotguns 12-pack of Sterno*

Harris was a pro's pro and a bad ass for a decade in green. It's impossible to knock a guy like Harris, he was a great Jet.

Mangold, Brick, Revis and Harris were all franchise cornerstones through some great Jet seasons, it's the end of an era for our Jets. 

We have two franchise cornerstone replacements in Williams and Adams. Darnold in 2018?

Archived