MINI CAMP TWEET RODEO. (Where we secretly root for Hackenberg to implode)

T0mShane

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/13/2017 at 3:58 PM, kdels62 said:

That was after my post. FWIW both Petty and Hack sound like they had practices either better or even with McCown. That bodes well on multiple levels for this team.

How huge would it be if we had a franchise QB in Hackenberg!   Going into 2018 we have tons of money and one of the youngest teams in the NFL, plus we wouldn't have to pick another QB.  Some of you want us to tank the season for a QB who may, or may not be a franchise QB  and if they are not will set us back 2-3 years.   Call it a long shot, but if I had one football wish I want our franchise QB to be someone who's on this roster already.   Dak Prescott was rated below Hackenberg and look at him now.  Anything is possible.  

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

How huge would it be if we had a franchise QB in Hackenberg!   Going into 2018 we have tons of money and one of the youngest teams in the NFL, plus we wouldn't have to pick another QB.  Some of you want us to tank the season for a QB who may, or may not be a franchise QB  and if they are not will set us back 2-3 years.   Call it a long shot, but if I had one football wish I want our franchise QB to be someone who's on this roster already.   Dak Prescott was rated below Hackenberg and look at him now.  Anything is possible.  

Mac was rumored to be highly interested in Prescott.  Maybe is was just a smoke screen.  Hack fell out of many GM's minds and projected to go in round 4-6. Big reach.  Even O'Brien wanted nothing to do with him. Quite telling.  I don't see Hack having a breakout season like Prescott. He doesn't have supporting cast and the kid is just shell shocked.  He's a long term head case/project that Mac cant afford to wait on.  Mac will have to pull the trigger on a QB with his first pick. 

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

WHICHEVER leads to a Franchise QB, whether he's on the roster now or acquired next year. It's a win win really. 

Oh no....if Hack or Petty somehow manage to win the Super Bowl and screw up our chance of drafting Darnold or Rosen next year, I will be pissed off, I tell you.  Pissed off!!!

Only the Jets would have the crap luck to wind up with the 32nd pick in a draft with great QB prospects. 

On 6/13/2017 at 0:18 PM, New York Mick said:

Anyone that's been a Jets fan for any amount of time should know McCown is going to have the best season in his career. It will be good enough to keeps us out of a top pick and stop us from drafting a franchise QB but bad enough to keep us out of the playoffs. 

seriously....if this happens i'm done with this ******* team. if you are going to tear it down, tear it down. 

8 hours ago, Azuma said:

Mac was rumored to be highly interested in Prescott.  Maybe is was just a smoke screen.  Hack fell out of many GM's minds and projected to go in round 4-6. Big reach.  Even O'Brien wanted nothing to do with him. Quite telling.  I don't see Hack having a breakout season like Prescott. He doesn't have supporting cast and the kid is just shell shocked.  He's a long term head case/project that Mac cant afford to wait on.  Mac will have to pull the trigger on a QB with his first pick. 

I agree on the supporting cast, Dak walked into a perfect situation and he may not ramp up quickly enough to keep us from drafting another QB.  The problem is whoever we draft next year won't be walking into that much better a situation than what we are in this year.  First round bust rate for QBs is very high particularly with lower rung teams, so who you think might be your savior may still take 2-3 years to develop.  If Hackenberg can work out, we can spend our next draft building around him, that by far would be the best outcome, otherwise there is a high risk of us being 2 years away from being 2 years away which has been the majority of our history.  So tanking is not the best thing to happen the best thing to happen is that Hackenberg develops beyond our expectations.

Lots of positive things coming out of mini-camp. Can't wait to see what this team looks like come opening day. With how young these guys are, there's no telling where we'll be in September once these guys have gelled and the game has slowed down a little bit.

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Lots of positive things coming out of mini-camp. Can't wait to see what this team looks like come opening day. With how young these guys are, there's no telling where we'll be in September once these guys have gelled and the game has slowed down a little bit.

The Jets are young and hungry. I would rather have them make mistakes on the field while moving fast, then have veterans who aren't giving their all.

32 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I agree on the supporting cast, Dak walked into a perfect situation and he may not ramp up quickly enough to keep us from drafting another QB.  The problem is whoever we draft next year won't be walking into that much better a situation than what we are in this year.  First round bust rate for QBs is very high particularly with lower rung teams, so who you think might be your savior may still take 2-3 years to develop.  If Hackenberg can work out, we can spend our next draft building around him, that by far would be the best outcome, otherwise there is a high risk of us being 2 years away from being 2 years away which has been the majority of our history.  So tanking is not the best thing to happen the best thing to happen is that Hackenberg develops beyond our expectations.

One cannot expect the same outcomes - particularly as they pertain to injuries - that occurred in situations that wouldn't have happened.

So if Hackenberg showed what Maccagnan hoped he'd show when drafting him, he'd have walked into a situation with the following healthy players: Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, J.Marshall/Peake/etc., and a healthy, veteran OL except for Giacomini who isn't all that when he's 100%. Plus a pair of veteran RBs who are both good receivers and good blockers. Then the brutal early schedule turned out to be just so-so: the decline of Cincy and Arizona; the slow start for the Chiefs; and a Steelers team that got blown out by the Iggles and would lose their next 4 straight after our matchup. Not to mention an OC who, while he certainly had his faults, ran a generally QB-friendly offense.

He'd have been into a fairly decent situation for a rookie QB. As good as Prescott's? No. But most rookie starters walk into situations with far worse players around them; offenses that looks more like this current Jets roster, for instance.

49 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

One cannot expect the same outcomes - particularly as they pertain to injuries - that occurred in situations that wouldn't have happened.

So if Hackenberg showed what Maccagnan hoped he'd show when drafting him, he'd have walked into a situation with the following healthy players: Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, J.Marshall/Peake/etc., and a healthy, veteran OL except for Giacomini who isn't all that when he's 100%. Plus a pair of veteran RBs who are both good receivers and good blockers. Then the brutal early schedule turned out to be just so-so: the decline of Cincy and Arizona; the slow start for the Chiefs; and a Steelers team that got blown out by the Iggles and would lose their next 4 straight after our matchup. Not to mention an OC who, while he certainly had his faults, ran a generally QB-friendly offense.

He'd have been into a fairly decent situation for a rookie QB. As good as Prescott's? No. But most rookie starters walk into situations with far worse players around them; offenses that looks more like this current Jets roster, for instance.

No argument, but the Jets couldn't start Hackenberg last year just like the Chiefs aren't going to start Mahomes this year.   Dak was forced into starting and he handled it very well.  The point remains it's too early to look beyond Hackenberg and there are no guarantees on any rookie QBs.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Darnold on this team, but there are no guarantees he's going to come out, or that we get him, and if he'll be ready year 1.  Regardless, he was impressive in the Rose Bowl throwing frozen ropes into tight windows and coming back from a large deficit.   Having Hackenberg, Darnold and Petty competing for the starting job next year would be a great problem to have. 

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏@DWAZ73  

#Jets minicamp is now over. No more practices until late-July for the start of training camp. Players report July 28.

Next play: Hackenberg splits 3 defenders for a "TD" to Vander Laan. #Jets

Darryl Roberts with an INT of Hackenberg. Roberts has had a nice 3 days of minicamp. #Jets

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏Verified account @DWAZ73  15m15 minutes ago

Hackenberg with nice touch on "TD" to Deshon Foxx. Nearly gets INTd on next play. Up/down for Hack, but some positives last few days #Jets

Andy Vasquez‏ @andy_vasquez  

#Jets just wrapped up their final minicamp practice. Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty basically took all the reps. Both looked OK.

Unofficial stats: Hackenberg 8 for 12 with an interception. Petty 7 for 11. McCown 1 for 1.

Kimberley A. Martin‏Verified account @KMart_LI  2m2 minutes ago

Mostly a rest day for starters, Josh McCown included.

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏@DWAZ73  

#Jets minicamp is now over. No more practices until late-July for the start of training camp. Players report July 28.

Next play: Hackenberg splits 3 defenders for a "TD" to Vander Laan. #Jets

Darryl Roberts with an INT of Hackenberg. Roberts has had a nice 3 days of minicamp. #Jets

Dennis Waszak Jr.‏Verified account @DWAZ73  15m15 minutes ago

Hackenberg with nice touch on "TD" to Deshon Foxx. Nearly gets INTd on next play. Up/down for Hack, but some positives last few days #Jets

Who??? Can't even take these practices seriously. 

I love these reports . Offense making plays and defense making plays . The team appears to be rounding into something that should get better with time and continuity . Here's hoping the kids spend their time off between now and camp staying out of trouble, studying the play book and relaxing with their love ones .

18 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Who??? Can't even take these practices seriously. 

Just because they aren't "names"......Chrebet wouldn't have a chance nowadays in here

But if Hack throw an INT to insert a no name DB we could?

14 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I love these reports . Offense making plays and defense making plays . The team appears to be rounding into something that should get better with time and continuity . Here's hoping the kids spend their time off between now and camp staying out of trouble, studying the play book and relaxing with their love ones .

It's been a decent camp with much less of the "offense is behind the defense" that we got used to hearing during Rex's tenure.

50 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It's been a decent camp with much less of the "offense is behind the defense" that we got used to hearing during Rex's tenure.

Refreshing isn't it . You know how whenever some name player gets released these boards all go with the sign this beast garbage ?  Well these boards are all up in arms because the vast majority of the Jets roster is either draft picks that the fans don't like or players who are not widely known .  The days of keeping some vet because he's played in the league while a player like Danny Woodhead  gets cut appear to be over .

The new policy appears to be what we were told by the HC . You earn your playing time based on what you showcase .  So if Hack shows less than Petty, I guess we should know who will be starting  and based on what we were told, there should be no problem .

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are young and hungry. I would rather have them make mistakes on the field while moving fast, then have veterans who aren't giving their all.

+1

We're gonna stink, might as well stink with young hungry players and position ourselves for a top QB next year.

Watching Revis not even pretend to care last year was brutal.

12 hours ago, nycdan said:

Oh no....if Hack or Petty somehow manage to win the Super Bowl and screw up our chance of drafting Darnold or Rosen next year, I will be pissed off, I tell you.  Pissed off!!!

Only the Jets would have the crap luck to wind up with the 32nd pick in a draft with great QB prospects. 

I nominate this for Post of the Year. Anybody second it?:D

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

+1

We're gonna stink, might as well stink with young hungry players and position ourselves for a top QB next year.

Watching Revis not even pretend to care last year was brutal.

Most of the outside noise making these claims are non Jet fans, so I have to ask myself what do Jet fans gain by repeating the same . Me personally, I'm hoping that the Jets win as many games as possible next year and that 1 of the 2 young QB emerge along the way  . See, I'm a Jet fan and as such, I want the best for my team every year .  If we win, I will be happy and if we lose I will be sad, but I will become happy again with the hope that our next draft will add enough talent to make a difference in 2018 .

All the other negative garbage is counter productive and a waste of time .

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Most of the outside noise making these claims are non Jet fans, so I have to ask myself what do Jet fans gain by repeating the same . Me personally, I'm hoping that the Jets win as many games as possible next year and that 1 of the 2 young QB emerge along the way  . See, I'm a Jet fan and as such, I want the best for my team every year .  If we win, I will be happy and if we lose I will be sad, but I will become happy again with the hope that our next draft will add enough talent to make a difference in 2018 .

What seems the media fails to mention and many here is of all those released by the Jets this offseason which ones actually contributed positively on the field and/or off the field last season? 

Maybe Folk & Harris?  Who else?  

13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

What seems the media fails to mention and many here is of all those released by the Jets this offseason which ones actually contributed positively on the field and/or off the field last season? 

not only that, but how many have gone to other teams?

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

At the end of last season I wanted every single cut the Jets made this off season done . I still have 1 more that I would like to see and that is McLendon the NT who's not really a NT .

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Andy Vasquez‏ @andy_vasquez  

#Jets just wrapped up their final minicamp practice. Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty basically took all the reps. Both looked OK.

Unofficial stats: Hackenberg 8 for 12 with an interception. Petty 7 for 11. McCown 1 for 1.

Kimberley A. Martin‏Verified account @KMart_LI  2m2 minutes ago

Mostly a rest day for starters, Josh McCown included.

I guess we keep track of INTs and completions but not 2TDs because that doesn't get clicks ???

Agreed. I have read posts where users think the Jets are already looking past Hackenberg and to next years draft due to the team being gutted. I see what you see and no matter the supporting cast, an evaluation can still be done with the circumstances included. Did Hackenberg make the right pre-snap reads? Did he make the right decisions? Is he improving? :ETC: In fact, if he does well enough, a real case can be made to continue forward, just because of the supporting cast. I also like the fact that Hackenberg and his receivers will grow together, making for a strong bond. He's here now and has a strong work ethic. He's putting in the effort. It's funny that his footwork and mechanics which were huge issues, have not been topics the media have been able to bash. They had to just find something and it's been the reporter belting. I believe he will improve there too as we have months to go. As you mentioned .. no matter who we draft at QB, there's gonna be a bust risk, but also a growing pain of learning curve. On top of that, we haven't even seen a second year of football out of a few of them yet. Lets concentrate on Hackenberg first. Best case scenario!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

I'm not some woe-is-me masochist who hates every move the team makes and thrives on complaining.

But just looking at the team and what they've done this year I think it's pretty clear the team will be bad. The defense has a legitimate chance to be good, but the offense? It just looks dreadful on paper. We have no QB and below average at every other offensive position. I just don't see the reason for short term optimism. I think we're playing the long game and I think that's a good idea.

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not some woe-is-me masochist who hates every move the team makes and thrives on complaining.

But just looking at the team and what they've done this year I think it's pretty clear the team will be bad. The defense has a legitimate chance to be good, but the offense? It just looks dreadful on paper. We have no QB and below average at every other offensive position. I just don't see the reason for short term optimism. I think we're playing the long game and I think that's a good idea.

Nothing you say I can fault . My question remains, how does repeating it day after day helps anyone or yourself ?

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Nothing you say I can fault . My question remains, how does repeating it day after day helps anyone or yourself ?

What?

I was just agreeing with a poster who claimed he was excited to see young motivated talent. I agreed, particularly within the context that the team likely won't be competing for the playoffs either way. Seems like a totally fair opinion with reasonable perspective.

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I guess we keep track of INTs and completions but not 2TDs because that doesn't get clicks ???

14 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Noticed that too. What a joke.

I don't know how many days I have to log on, tell you guys what the agenda is, and then watch you act surprised when you realize it. 

Shame on you!!!!

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

At the end of last season I wanted every single cut the Jets made this off season done . I still have 1 more that I would like to see and that is McLendon the NT who's not really a NT .

I think if Pennel flys right and shows enough in TC I could see that. 

Archived