#JetsCamp Updates - Day Two - Sun 07/30/17

Maxman

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tony MaC said:

I'll take it. That's a pretty typical problem for a young QB. As long as he can make accurate throws and maintain his form without thinking this will develop over time.

And yesterday he was praised for throwing balls away when he had nowhere to go with the ball so it's different today then yesterday, early fluid situation that is starting to have some possible promise to it which most here thought would never happen.

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I will get excited about hack if he can keep making progress when pads are on. See if the pressure from the possibility of getting sacked shakes him up a bit. People are getting excited too soon I think...they told us Sanchez and geno looked great in camp too remember.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm in the same "wait and see" boat as you, but I literally can't remember one of those guys ever looking "great" in camp.  "Inconsistent" was the word constantly used for Sanchez and Geno had one "great" camp and got punched in the jaw so we never got to see those results.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And yesterday he was praised for throwing balls away when he had nowhere to go with the ball so it's different today then yesterday, early fluid situation that is starting to have some possible promise to it which most here thought would never happen.

He was slightly criticized for it yesterday as well with the backdrop of coverage sacks due to WRs not getting open at all.  But when he identified it yesterday and scrambled he would throw it away from what I read.  He might just be holding too long in the pocket without pressure to scramble and set off the alarms to throw it away.  

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm in the same "wait and see" boat as you, but I literally can't remember one of those guys ever looking "great" in camp.  "Inconsistent" was the word constantly used for Sanchez and Geno had one "great" camp and got punched in the jaw so we never got to see those results.

Hack hasn't looked "great" in camp. You guys are going nuts because he's throwing a spiral in camp.

4 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Yup I'll take the sack over a pick every time.  Just let that progress hopefully over the course of TC and PS and get him in the habit of throwing it away a little quicker and we will have some major progress over our previous QBs.

Considering the Line was supposedly getting beat up today AND there's no contact allowed until tomorrow, I'm not bothered much by it.  Young guys hold the ball too long or force it to stupid places.  Sometimes both (see: Sanchez, Mark or Smith, Geno).  I'll take the over protective instead of the mind numbingly reckless.  Even if we draft someone else next year, that's what I want to see.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Wow. You and Dan have Bowles' number

Look, Bowles way is the only way! The best way! The right way! Look at all of the division titles and playoff wins he has amassed. Have faith fellas, Todd is the man.

@killmenowplease

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hack hasn't looked "greasy" in camp. You guys are going nuts because he's throwing a spiral in camp.

I put "great" in quotations for that very reason.  I think the early returns are progress but it's day 2 in shells and shorts.  I'm still tempered here.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I thought ESPN said that when I saw NFL training camp news I made a mistake. 

Geez the guy made a mistake. Besides, we are already good and don't need the practice in pads.

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Look, Bowles way is the only way! The best way! The right way! Look at all of the division titles and playoff wins he has amassed. Have faith fellas, Todd is the man.

@killmenowplease

You gave yourself a rep?...for that? :o

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Autocorrect is going to be the root cause of the fall of man. I'm not even kidding 

There is such an easy political joke to be made here but I'm enjoying this thread too much to destroy it.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ah my friend she is 100% Norwegian....

She is Sara Skjoldnes Miss Norway 2009.  A real Norwegian women, and for me I find nothing wrong with that :) .

Not to be a stickler but I wrote that she looks Swedish as in that is a more Swedish than Norwegian look. 

•  

One thing that jumps out about Jets rookie S Jamal Adams: He's always engaged in practice, even when he's on the sideline. He's either shouting instructions to defensive teammates or trying to fire them up. The former LSU star said the SEC prepared him for this. He said the SEC is a "mini-NFL."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

Sheldon Richardson refrained from taking any shots at former Jets teammate Brandon Marshall, his old locker-room foe. Marshall recently took a swipe at the Jets, saying he requested his release because they don't have a chance in 2017. Richardson did, however, say he's looking forward to playing the Giants (Marshall) in a few weeks. He said he may request to play outside linebacker. Hmm, wonder why.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Holy. Sh*t. 

Looks like a completely different dude.

Major props to him. He's made life changes. Gave up drinking, went to therapy. Yeah it's a contract yr but so far it seems to be about football and life. He should be commended. 

Archived