Enunwa Injury a Reminder That Jets Shouldn’t Have Dumped Decker

JetNation

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Sorry, are you butthurt I take a dump on Mac every chance I get? 

yeah, I am just so butthurt from your dumping habits..... Please, come on child. I'm really just waiting for the first coherent football post you make, rather than the normal angry stream of consciousness you puke up on the forum all the time.

22 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

yeah, I am just so butthurt from your dumping habits..... Please, come on child. I'm really just waiting for the first coherent football post you make, rather than the normal angry stream of consciousness you puke up on the forum all the time.

Oh I didn't know I had a follower. People use twitter for that. I will start writing up "coherent football posts" from now on since I have my first follower. Im so stoked. 

59 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Sorry, are you butthurt I take a dump on Mac every chance I get? 

No, that you pretty much just dump on everything Jets without any real thought behind it.  

Read thafoolor JW to get an idea of what it reads like

19 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Oh I didn't know I had a follower. People use twitter for that. I will start writing up "coherent football posts" from now on since I have my first follower. Im so stoked. 

Dont hurt your shoulder giving yourself a reach around..... Your posts stand out, I often confuse you with jw12.

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, that you pretty much just dump on everything Jets without any real thought behind it.  

Read thafoolor JW to get an idea of what it reads like

Question: Do the Jets have a bottom 3 roster in the league, if not the worst? 

If you answer yes to that question, how does one praise a GM that inherited 50 mil of cap space and high draft picks? You didn't need to think about how terrible Idzik after his 2nd off season. Mac has reached that point. If he doesn't hit a jackpot with Hackensh*t (yes you're sh*t when you don't get a single snap the entire year when you have 3 injured QB in a lost season) and Adams, he's out. 

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Dont hurt your shoulder giving yourself a reach around..... Your posts stand out, I often confuse you with jw12.

I bet you got a boner every time I made a "No Bowles" post though. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Question: Do the Jets have a bottom 3 roster in the league, if not the worst? 

If you answer yes to that question, how does one praise a GM that inherited 50 mil of cap space and high draft picks? You didn't need to think about how terrible Idzik after his 2nd off season. Mac has reached that point. If he doesn't hit a jackpot with Hackensh*t (yes you're sh*t when you don't get a single snap the entire year when you have 3 injured QB in a lost season) and Adams, he's out. 

One realizes that the team is rebuild mode and doesnt call for the GM while hes redoing the roster and using the fact that the team is full of unproven talent as the reason.  They are clearing setting up to see what the kids turn into before using the 80 mil or so that theyll have next year to suppliment those kids.

Patience is not part of todays Jet fans vocabulary.  Fire the bum to early is though

15 hours ago, Freemanm said:

The reality is that no QB is going to be good with the Jets offense this year, if you can even call it that. They have a shaky O-line, their starting RB is 33 years old and their receivers are inexperienced and so far have dropped more passes than they've caught. 

If Hack does start, you're going to see the same thing that happened with Geno. In his rookie season, he was forced to start from game 1, and the #1 receiver was David Nelson. And then people wondered why he ended up throwing a million INTs. 

How about that time Rex orders him to throw it to Harvin no matter what?  Good times.

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

Surprised to see how many people don't think a deeper receiving corps could benefit the development of a young QB.

We have depth...with current makeup of the roster...they value youth over experience...hate to beat a dead horse...but they wanted a full rebuild...we're getting a full rebuild.

Enunwa as the #1 receiver for the 2017 NYJ was dumb to begin with.

Sorry he is hurt of course, he is a nice player but his loss will not change the W-L totals.

As side thought..........is there any other team he would be a #1 and what does that tell us about McCagg?

1 minute ago, HellsKitchen said:

I went to game 16 of the 1-15 year (day after the Giants/Chargers snowball game) and I think we are quickly heading there.

The Giants snowball game was in 1995, we did play the day after but that capped a 3-13 season w/ a shutout loss to NO and I was very thankful for the giant fans throwing iceballs the day before because if they didn't the 20,000 fans at our game certainly would have.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Giants snowball game was in 1995, we did play the day after but that capped a 3-13 season w/ a shutout loss to NO and I was very thankful for the giant fans throwing iceballs the day before because if they didn't the 20,000 fans at our game certainly would have.

Sorry right, 1-15 was the next year!  That was my freshman year of college and agree on the snowball thing.  I went to both games that weekend and I still don't think I have thawed.  Well I think we end up between those two seasons with a 2-14..... but in for the tailgates! 

1 minute ago, HellsKitchen said:

Sorry right, 1-15 was the next year!  That was my freshman year of college and agree on the snowball thing.  I went to both games that weekend and I still don't think I have thawed.  Well I think we end up between those two seasons with a 2-14..... but in for the tailgates! 

I remember all the snow/ice under the seats. my knees were in my face b/c of it:lol:

all I want to see out of this year is for the young guys to develop, Bowles to improve and let's see what happens.

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Jets fans last offseason- "The only reason Fitz was any good is because he had good receivers".

Me, today: "Maybe the Jets should have kept some of those good receivers to help their young QB"

Jets fans: That's so stupid, the QB makes the receiver, not the other way around.

Remind me again how much Decker played last year? Seems to always be nursing an injury of some kind.  Guy is good when he is on the field.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Honestly it really makes no difference. The Jets are going to be bad this year. We know that

I don't know anything, and to tell the truth, neither do anyone else. All I read around here is what folks think or what they repeat verbatim from the media . 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

One realizes that the team is rebuild mode and doesnt call for the GM while hes redoing the roster and using the fact that the team is full of unproven talent as the reason.  They are clearing setting up to see what the kids turn into before using the 80 mil or so that theyll have next year to suppliment those kids.

Patience is not part of todays Jet fans vocabulary.  Fire the bum to early is though

Jets were in rebuild in Idzik's 2nd year. He saved $50 mil of cap space to spend in his 3rd year, which coincidentally went to Mac. When your team goes into rebuild mode in the GMs 3rd season, then the issue isn't the be rebuild, but the timing of it. Do we have young unproven players? Yes. Do I see us having more players that would prove themselves compared to the other teams? No. Filling the roster with unproven rookies doesn't mean you're onto something. It just means we did a terrible job either in the FA, draft, or both. Macs hasn't hit homeruns with his drafts besides having Leo fall in his lap. He did pick a safety 6th overall thinking that's who will turn this franchise around. Each and every FA signing of Mac has been a failure, save for Carpenter. If Hack fails this year, guess what happens next year? Yup, another rebuild year unless you break the bank for another Fitz. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Remind me again how much Decker played last year? Seems to always be nursing an injury of some kind.  Guy is good when he is on the field.

Time for the Texans to cut JJ Watt.

50 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Jets were in rebuild in Idzik's 2nd year. He saved $50 mil of cap space to spend in his 3rd year, which coincidentally went to Mac. When your team goes into rebuild mode in the GMs 3rd season, then the issue isn't the be rebuild, but the timing of it. Do we have young unproven players? Yes. Do I see us having more players that would prove themselves compared to the other teams? No. Filling the roster with unproven rookies doesn't mean you're onto something. It just means we did a terrible job either in the FA, draft, or both. Macs hasn't hit homeruns with his drafts besides having Leo fall in his lap. He did pick a safety 6th overall thinking that's who will turn this franchise around. Each and every FA signing of Mac has been a failure, save for Carpenter. If Hack fails this year, guess what happens next year? Yup, another rebuild year unless you break the bank for another Fitz. 

Idzik was let go for more than a putrid draft.  He was lacking in a lot of areas. 

Having unproven players doesn't translate into they can't prove themselves or sit here trying to compare guys I haven't seen on the field to another teams players who we haven't seen.  It doesn't mean you're not onto something, time will tell.  But it's not time to decide what Macc is or isn't.  No one knows yet.  

If Hack fails nothing happens, doesn't lead to another rebuild, it leads to drafting another QB.  Nothing more. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Idzik was let go for more than a putrid draft.  He was lacking in a lot of areas. 

Having unproven players doesn't translate into they can't prove themselves or sit here trying to compare guys I haven't seen on the field to another teams players who we haven't seen.  It doesn't mean you're not onto something, time will tell.  But it's not time to decide what Macc is or isn't.  No one knows yet.  

If Hack fails nothing happens, doesn't lead to another rebuild, it leads to drafting another QB.  Nothing more. 

So starting over with yet another rookie QB and waiting for him for 3 years before we can tell if we have something? Sounds like a rebuild to me. If Hack fails this year, and so do the Jets, Mac will be staring at an unemployment check. 

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

So starting over with yet another rookie QB and waiting for him for 3 years before we can tell if we have something? Sounds like a rebuild to me. If Hack fails this year, and so do the Jets, Mac will be staring at an unemployment check. 

So far he's a failure with this entire roster, most of the players wouldn't be in the NFL if they weren't on the Jets. 

The QB position is a mess. 

The WR position is a mess even before Enunwa got hurt. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So far he's a failure with this entire roster, most of the players wouldn't be in the NFL if they weren't on the Jets. 

The QB position is a mess. 

The WR position is a mess even before Enunwa got hurt. 

Look Mac needs another 2-5 years before we can fairly evaluate him. Devin Smith was a great "value" pick

Archived