Your first 100 days as the new owner of the New York Jets...

T0mShane

Here's the hypothetical: Woody sells, you become the owner of the team in January 2018. What are the five major things you do in that time frame.

I ask, because I usually make a post this time of year talking about how I'd fix the team moving forward, but I've quite frankly given up. But anyway, curious what you people think.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I would fire EVERYONE in the organization that has anything to do with ticket sales to washing jocks. 

Thats how you CLEAN HOUSE and REBUILD not this bullsh*t we are being sold by Mike Maccagnan. 

v1.bTsxMTE3MzcxNztqOzE3NDk5OzEyMDA7ODAwO

10 minutes ago, thadude said:

Offer $100 million and total control to Harbaugh after firing everyone on the coaching staff and front office

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Fire everyone. Then call Jim Harbaugh, and offer him a 49% stake in the team.

Then get the f*ck out of his way. 

Pretty much this....

Try to free up even more cap space.  One of the ways would be trying to get compromising pics of some GM/Owner, and then bribe them into trading for Wilkerson.

I'd redesign the Flight Crew outfits.  Anything more than a bikini is overkill.

Install a chip into Bowles that electrocutes him whenever he says, "he gives us the best chance to win."

I'd start convincing Rex to come back for 2018.

Offer Mrs Decker a job as dedicated halftime entertainment.

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Free beer will be the only to fill MetLife by week 4

Doubt it my neighbor offers me free tickets weekly and he usually buys all the beer business "write off" and I still wont go I prefer to be tortured in my own home surrounded by friends and family. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Doubt it my neighbor offers me free tickets weekly and he usually buys all the beer business "write off" and I still wont go I prefer to be tortured in my own home surrounded by friends and family. 

I'm ashamed to even be a fan of this team at this point. Pathetic organization.

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

I'm ashamed to even be a fan of this team at this point. Pathetic organization.

Shame is good for you. Builds character. Would you rather be arrogant and entitled like a disgusting Patriots or Steelers fan?

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Shame is good for you. Builds character. Would you rather be arrogant and entitled like a disgusting Patriots or Steelers fan?

For 48 years this team has ripped our hearts out, kicked us in the groin and rubbed salt in our wounds. DAMMIT

Pull a Leon Hess, tamper with the Miami Dolphins, give up the draft picks, and get Mike Tannenbaum as our President and GM at any cost.

The best years this franchise ever had were under his leadership, his salary cap brilliance, and his philosophy that millennial college kids mostly suck and proven, hungry veterans on their second or third contract can produce immediate results.  This franchise needs an immediate turnaround.  Mike Tannenbaum rebuilding through free agency is the answer.

SAR I

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here's the hypothetical: Woody sells, you become the owner of the team in January 2018. What are the five major things you do in that time frame.

I ask, because I usually make a post this time of year talking about how I'd fix the team moving forward, but I've quite frankly given up. But anyway, curious what you people think.

Analyze what happened in the 2017 season, then move forward

1. Break contract, and get my own stadium somewhere, anywhere in NYC.

2. Fire everybody 

3. Hire Harbaugh w/ whatever it takes

4. Draft Sam Darnold

5. Get cool, new uniforms and then Sit back and watch the Jets Golden Years as I become widely known as the coolest most fan friendly owner in all of sports 

51 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Try to free up even more cap space.  One of the ways would be trying to get compromising pics of some GM/Owner, and then bribe them into trading for Wilkerson.

I'd redesign the Flight Crew outfits.  Anything more than a bikini is overkill.

Install a chip into Bowles that electrocutes him whenever he says, "he gives us the best chance to win."

I'd start convincing Rex to come back for 2018.

Offer Mrs Decker a job as dedicated halftime entertainment.

Oh deer God!

If this was anyone other than YOU, I would have laughed at the joke, but I know YOUR not joking.

Convince Rex to come back? The guy has been fired from two NFL jobs in 3 years, won't take much convincing, lol.

Please don't EVER, EVER, play the Powerball

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

I call up @joewilly12 and tell him, I have a blank check, 48 years is too long, how much do you want to not let it get to 50, and then I agree to his price tag. Then I turn over the keys to him and profit!

Welcome to our new HOME stadium for starters. 

Image result for west side stadium ny jets pics

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Oh deer God!

If this was anyone other than YOU, I would have laughed at the joke, but I know YOUR not joking.

Convince Rex to come back? The guy has been fired from two NFL jobs in 3 years, won't take much convincing, lol.

Please don't EVER, EVER, play the Powerball

I didn't say he had to be coach.  Rex as DC would be great.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I can fix the Jets in 5 steps.

1. Buy Scout.com

2. Have Scout.com buy JetNation.com

3. Wait for Scout.com to ruin JetNation.com and make it disappear (Scout ruins things)

4. T0mShane disappears from the Jets interwebz and positivity starts to flourish

5. Ride the new wave of positivity to a Super Bowl win.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

1. Break contract, and get my own stadium somewhere, anywhere in NYC.

2. Fire everybody 

3. Hire Harbaugh w/ whatever it takes

4. Draft Sam Darnold

5. Get cool, new uniforms and then Sit back and watch the Jets Golden Years as I become widely known as the coolest most fan friendly owner in all of sports 

What contract are you people talking about?
Jets OWN half of the stadium.  Theres no contract to break.  That value is part of the billions you will have to spend to buy the team.  And then spend 2 or more to build in NYC.  

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Welcome to our new HOME stadium for starters. 

Image result for west side stadium ny jets pics

Another place you would never buy a ticket to but complain about.

Funny part is other than the open roof this place looks just like Met Life with the 4 replay boards etc.  

Archived