Craig carton arrested by FBI

AFJF

On 4/6/2019 at 5:27 PM, Philc1 said:

Carton was “popular” because he had a dream job hosting drive time morning commute shift of the country’s biggest sports station

He tripled Imus’s ratings? So what Imus got crappy ratings because his show was 4.5 hours of him mumbling nonsensically about random politicians and not talking sports 

Gio is way funnier than Carton and doesn’t try nearly as hard

Ehh, I'm not a fan of Gio. I'm not a big fan of that morning show in general. I didn't listen a lot when Carton was on and I don't listen much at all now with Gio.

But Carton was successful in New Jersey before he joined the fan. The guy gets ratings. He's good at his job. I don't have to like him to recognize that. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2019 at 6:19 AM, Copernicus said:

Good lord, more teacher bashing/shaming. Is this 2005? Funny it's always the teachers fault and never the private sector that has the ability to hide money, work off the books, and claim less. All civil servant positions have been historically under paid for their entire existence. Offering a decent pension (look at what current brand new teachers are being offered and you will quickly re-think your position) was the only thing the government could offer because of how difficult and time consuming the job is. Come take a walk through any inner city public school and then tell me if teachers dont deserve more. Teacher's pay for their education, graduate degree, numerous teacher exams, mandatory workshops throughout the summer (vacation LMAO), over crowded, over the top unruly students with no real consequences, lead in the drinking water, mold, data driven state exams, over testing, punitive evaluations, punitive test data driven evaluations and this is just off the top of my head . Yeah, its the teachers pensions/ civil servants fault.

You're kind of just taking every single issue in our education system and making it sound like everyone at every inner city school has every one of these issues. 

Here's NJ teacher salaries from '16.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.com/new-jersey/pointpleasant/amp/26090055/these-100-nj-school-districts-pay-their-teachers-most

Cops get paid extremely well up there too. My dad was one of them. 

• 4 months later...

Boomer Esiason’s voice still cracks with emotion when he talks about his former WFAN co-host, Craig Carton.

In June, Carton began a 42-month prison sentence for running a multi-million-dollar ticket resale Ponzi scheme. Though Esiason has yet to visit Carton at the federal prison in Lewisburg, Pa. — a 180-mile drive from Manhattan — he has exchanged emails with Carton.“He’s hanging in there as best he possibly can,” Esiason said Tuesday at NFL on CBS media day. “I think without divulging what he’s writing, if I could put it in Craig’s words, it’s very entertaining. And it’s amazing. It’s sad, funny. I think I sent back a text: ‘Smiling through the tears. I’m laughing through the tears.’ He’s still entertaining me to this very day — and anybody else who is receiving those emails.”

So what has been Esiason’s message to Carton?

“What do you say to somebody like that?” Esiason said. “I just said, ‘Keep writing. Keep busy. Keep doing what you’re doing. And I’m laughing through the tears.’”

Esiason, the former Jets quarterback and current CBS analyst, plans to eventually visit Carton.“It’s very limited, visiting at the prison," Esiason said. "Right now, his family is using those times up. I’ve been in contact with him via email. I think there’s only like weekend visits.”Esiason has no doubt that he’ll be making the trip to see Carton in Lewisburg.“Oh, yeah, absolutely,” he said. “Once that opportunity opens itself up.”

In the meantime, Esiason is relying on some sarcastic humor — which Carton would surely appreciate — to process this crazy situation.

“People say, ‘How are you doing?’” Esiason said. "I say, ‘Well, I played for the Bengals, Cardinals, and Jets. Otherwise known as the Bermuda Triangle of the NFL.’ So you’ve seen everything and you deal with things and you learn how to kind of roll with the punches.”Now that the dust has settled on the Carton scandal, Esiason has no hard feelings for his former radio partner, whom WFAN replaced with Gregg Giannotti.“No, I have always felt bad for a guy who obviously was dealing with an addiction," Esiason said. “Until you come to grips with the addiction, you have to realize what’s going on. It’s not really so much me as it is for his wife and kids, too. That’s where the real pain and anguish comes in.”

In the wake of Carton’s arrest in September 2017, Esiason knew he had to rally around his WFAN colleagues. So he stayed on the morning show and made things work with Giannotti.“For me, I’ve always said that I have a responsibility to the people I work with, too, and myself and my own family,” Esiason said. "I feel like going through all that, while it was a tornado and it was crazy and was wild, I really felt like stabilizing the radio station was the most important thing for the other people that were affected by this, including yours truly.

"So we did it as a team. I decided to stay in the morning — and luckily Gio was there, and Gio knows the system and knew who we all were. And Gio now has finally hit the ground running, and is hilarious and a great guy to work with. But it’s still sad. Anybody who has ever dealt with this in their own personal life, they probably would understand what I’m talking about. It’s just a sad thing that you’ve got to just deal with.”

>   https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/08/emotional-boomer-esiason-has-contacted-ex-wfan-partner-craig-carton-in-prison-and-this-was-his-message.html

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, jmat321 said:

he's going to write a book in prison about the scam and how he was abused as a kid, it will create some buzz, will be back on the radio, podcast probably, maybe a job with barstool or something

..probably   :mellow: