What if Geno does well ?

Jetsplayer21

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You know what's the best part of all this? Ever since he got his jaw broken, he put his head down, shut up, and started grinding. Haven't heard a peep from him since. No dick pics, no altercations with airline attendants, no picking fights with dudes twice his size that are trained to kill. It's amazing what getting popped in the face can do for personal growth.

That's exactly what's lacking in today's society, that's why most millennials are the biggest douchebags around... a little old school teaching would do them a load of good... that being said, here's to geno winning some games & jets moving up the draft board. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That's exactly what's lacking in today's society, that's why most millennials are the biggest douchebags around... a little old school teaching would do them a load of good... that being said, here's to geno winning some games & jets moving up the draft board. 

A little bullying/hazing builds character. 

In truth if Geno Smith plays well than it is an obvious indictment of the HC and the GM period.   

The Jets by the HC and the FO’s tacit admission neither Petty or Hack belong on the field and Smith is certainly superior to McCown and it would reveal just how incompetent the Jets truly are!!!

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You know what's the best part of all this? Ever since he got his jaw broken, he put his head down, shut up, and started grinding. Haven't heard a peep from him since. No dick pics, no altercations with airline attendants, no picking fights with dudes twice his size that are trained to kill. It's amazing what getting popped in the face can do for personal growth.

Great point Rutgers. In life or football, sometimes we all need need that  gut punch to humble us, or in Geno’s case “jaw punch “??

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I posted this in another thread but it fits better here.

I realize it is blasphemous but I am actually more interested in seeing the Giants game this weekend to see how the "experiment" goes.

Also and here is the most interesting aspect, how will Jets fans react if Geno goes 19 for 25  300 yds 0 int and 2 TDs in a win?

And what if he has a run of nice  games to finish the season?

This place will be apoplectic.

Well the Sanchez lovers won’t be happy. Regular jet fans will be happy. Geno was a cocky sob, but he got knocked out ( literally and deservingly ) for a season because of his cockyiness. That did humble him then, I hope it Carried on. I would love to see a jet qb reject do much better than the giants Golden boy ha

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Any professional athlete can perform well in small sample sizes. There is a 0% chance Geno can string several above-average performances together.

If you had told giant fans they would be 2-8 this yr with a completely healthy Eli, they would laugh you to u were dead. Fat mike keeps yammering about replace geno fing lsmith with a HOF qb. “  Ignoring the obvious decline and 2-8 record. Question is, what does that have to do with how bad he is this yr ? 

42 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If you had told giant fans they would be 2-8 this yr with a completely healthy Eli, they would laugh you to u were dead. Fat mike keeps yammering about replace geno fing lsmith with a HOF qb. “  Ignoring the obvious decline and 2-8 record. Question is, what does that have to do with how bad he is this yr ? 

Sorry I don't understand the question

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No he's the guy who hired Mcadoo-doo and only made the playoffs twice in 9 years and is about to be replaced.

PLayer eval is as much art as science so Reese is having a cold streak still 6.0E^32 times the GM Idzik was. He won't be fooled by any elusive "Geno Flashes." Remember, he also has seen good QB play up close. Unlike any Jets GM in years.

Just now, jgb said:

Sorry I don't understand the question

Sorry I was rambling and didn’t explain it in detail. Fat mike and MANY giants fans keep saying “ it’s a joke to replace a HOF qb with Geno Smith. “ As if they are in denial Eli Manning is FAR from HOF ( if he ever was ) he is right now one of the worst qbs in the entire league. 3 yrs ago no he wasn’t. But right now he is horrible. As if giant fans didn’t expect this for when their hero turned old/bad. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

PLayer eval is as much art as science so Reese is having a cold streak still 6.0E^32 times the GM Idzik was. He won't be fooled by any elusive "Geno Flashes." Remember, he also has seen good QB play up close. Unlike any Jets GM in years.

Fair enough. To be honest though he didn't address what has been a terrible RB situation and the OL. Not that I am shedding any tears for them and Idzik was a total bumf*ck as a Gm.

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Sorry I was rambling and didn’t explain it in detail. Fat mike and MANY giants fans keep saying “ it’s a joke to replace a HOF qb with Geno Smith. “ As if they are in denial Eli Manning is FAR from HOF ( if he ever was ) he is right now one of the worst qbs in the entire league. 3 yrs ago no he wasn’t. But right now he is horrible. As if giant fans didn’t expect this for when their hero turned old/bad. 

I don't see it that way. He is still putting up respectable figures considering the loss of his top two WRs, total lack of running game, putrid O Line, and league-worst coaching. 62.5% completion, 14/7 TDs. Eli Manning is not the problem for the Giants.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Fair enough. To be honest though he didn't address what has been a terrible RB situation and the OL. Not that I am shedding any tears for them and Idzik was a total bumf*ck as a Gm.

It's amazing how many teams I've watched spiral out of control from neglecting the O-Line. Heck I've seen it happen to the last three Jet regimes!

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I agree completely, their line makes ours look like pro bowlers. No protection. Eli is the most flat foot qb in the nfl, especially now. That is about the worst combination you can have. Bad protection with a qb with cement shoes. Geno at least can scramble out of some rushes and get some runs. May have to keep the D honest. Unlike Eli where you can rush the house and not worry about him stepping up and getting a big run.

Eli gets rid of the ball more quickly than Geno though.  The point, though, is that no QB would do well behind that line.  When Geno does nothing and/or fails, the haters will be out in full force.  The Giants are an absolute dumpster fire. 

5 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Eli gets rid of the ball more quickly than Geno though.  The point, though, is that no QB would do well behind that line.  When Geno does nothing and/or fails, the haters will be out in full force.  The Giants are an absolute dumpster fire. 

Let's also not forget their defense is horrendous. As you said, dumpster fire.

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's amazing how many teams I've watched spiral out of control from neglecting the O-Line. Heck I've seen it happen to the last three Jet regimes!

I don’t get it.  It is so obvious that you cannot neglect the OL yet we waste high draft picks constantly on JAG defensive players 

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t get it.  It is so obvious that you cannot neglect the OL yet we waste high draft picks constantly on JAG defensive players 

Olineman have the longest average careers. Build a stud line as you continue to search for The One. All these skill position dudes will be long gone by the time we ever find and develop the Franchise QB (if ever). Strong Oline is even more important than top notch skill guys to develop a QB anyway. And it also helps a medicore fill-in QB win some games. Load with skill positions after you find The Guy. Not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Olineman have the longest average careers. Build a stud line as you continue to search for The One. All these skill position dudes will be long gone by the time we ever find and develop the Franchise QB (if ever). Strong Oline is even more important that top notch skill guys to develop a QB anyway. Load with skill positions after you find The Guy. Not rocket science.

Watch us draft a CB and ILB in the first two rounds

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

Eli is the slowest moving qb in nfl, he has to get rid of the ball better then most to stay in this league. I agree, it’s not the qb. But at 2-9 and not even being able to beat the 1 win 9ers, Eli lead giants sure didn’t set the ceiling high for geno. He may only have 1 game. Tough spot 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I don't see it that way. He is still putting up respectable figures considering the loss of his top two WRs, total lack of running game, putrid O Line, and league-worst coaching. 62.5% completion, 14/7 TDs. Eli Manning is not the problem for the Giants.

Respectable numbers ? 84 qb rating ? McCown stats are considerably better across the board. Yet jet fans still think he is horrible ha

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Respectable numbers ? 84 qb rating ? McCown stats are considerably better across the board. Yet jet fans still think he is horrible ha

There are many Jets fans, you can always find one that has basically any opinion you can imagine. I certainly never said McCown was bad and I don't feel the responsibility to defend every opinion ever held by any Jets fan anywhere. And yes, given the situation on the Giants now, 84 is indeed respectable. In fact it's almost heroic. We will soon have a comparator proving just that.

13 hours ago, jgb said:

Its amazing how people can be rational and understand this when its for another team. If he was the Jets QB we'd be hearing what's his problem he's got no weaponzz dohh , he sucks , blah blah blah. 

8 hours ago, jgb said:

There are many Jets fans, you can always find one that has basically any opinion you can imagine. I certainly never said McCown was bad and I don't feel the responsibility to defend every opinion ever held by any Jets fan anywhere. And yes, given the situation on the Giants now, 84 is indeed respectable. In fact it's almost heroic. We will soon have a comparator proving just that.

Ok, but McCown at 94 is even that more remarkable then. McCown makes 2 mil ? Eli 23 Lol.. 

The giants were picked to win their div by some, def not be 2-8. Jets were picked to finish dead last by many.  

Archived