****OFFICIAL JETS V CHIEFS GAME THREAD******

T0mShane

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it amounts to Smith vs McCown it's similar Qbs but you have to give it to Alex Smith but not by much. In terms of coaching you give it to KC but to me Bowles has done a good enough job this season not to get fired. It seems that the players believe in him, he has a relationship with them, Bowles has learned a lot in these three years so why throw that out and get someone else who has to start from square one. The flip side of that is the record which will probably be 4-8 after today. The Chiefs are desperate for a W but again this will not be a walk in the park for them. It could be similar to previous weeks for the Jets. We lose down the stretch. Chiefs 20 Jets 17.  The Jets are just that much short on talent in order to beat the better teams.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In actual game news,

Andy Reid has given up play calling duties AND the young OC is supposed to want to give Mahomes some run. Could be a fun contrast when Mahomes is in the game and we’re still running McCown out there until the bitter end.

It they don’t use him expect Bowles to try and sign Alex Smith at walk through. Not like anyone using Hacks jersey anyway. 

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s actually a conundrum, Joe. Nothing simple about it.

Definition of conundrum

1a : an intricate and difficult problem  
  • He is faced with the conundrum of trying to find a job without having experience.
b : a question or problem having only a conjectural answer 
  • … the political conundrums involved, particularly the problem of how the richer areas … can be made to subsidize the poorer.
  •  —Douglass Cater
2: a riddle whose answer is or involves a pun (as in "Why didn't the lost hikers starve in the desert? Because of the sand which is there.")

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Also: Ben McAdoo is a dead man walking. The Mara family doesn’t jerk around with their coaches. This is to give his staff 48 hours to prep resumes and hire movers.

Sources: Giants could fire coach Ben McAdoo in 24 hours after Sunday's game vs. Raiders

Ben McAdoo's nearly two-year run as head coach of the New York Giants is coming to an end, and he could be fired in the 24 hours after Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders, league sources told ESPN.

General manager Jerry Reese's standing also is highly tenuous, according to sources, though any timing on his potential departure is more uncertain than McAdoo's.

Francesa's last act as Sports Pope before the black smoke.

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

C16BDE30-1854-440D-92D0-A3CAFA74E230.jpeg

Please translate, Tom. I don't get it.:blink: As for our fanbase here including all of the maniacs who want to fire everyone. (and some of these "people" are rooting for us to lose). Bowles actually has a good rep in the NFL. And most experts think he already is becoming a good coach. He's had three years to learn how to be a head coach and we're seeing some results in terms of him coaching up a young team and getting them to play and show up every week. Beating the Jets is not an easy Sunday afternoon. Why fire him now when he seems to be starting to know what he's doing. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Please translate, Tom. I don't get it.:blink: As for our fanbase here including all of the maniacs who want to fire everyone. (and some of these "people" are rooting for us to lose). Bowles actually has a good rep in the NFL. And most experts think he already is becoming a good coach. He's had three years to learn how to be a head coach and we're seeing some results in terms of him coaching up a young team and getting them to play and show up every week. Beating the Jets is not an easy Sunday afternoon. Why fire him now when he seems to be starting to know what he's doing. 

We come out flat every game, we are near the top in the most penalized in the NFL, we cant finish games and falter in the 4th quarter....

This is all on the HC 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I thought your motto was, “excuse me young lady can you help me get this couch into this cargo van with cardboard taped over the windows?”

Bowles has improved but consistent meltdowns in 4th quarter stupid penalties and time outs wasted he has to take the responsibility over . Until we get a real QB is probably moot on ceiling for this team anyway

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The game thread is supposed to be about winning the game not bashing former players on the other team...

DAMN YOU T0mShane 

Image result for bad apple pics

Lets go Jets 

He’s right TomShane. These highly critically acclaimed posts belong in the Revis Best ever cb thread and Woody is the Great White Dope’s toy boy thread. Bad bad bad TomShane BAD. 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I want to go, but no one in my family wants to go with me.  Alas it'll be me and the new 4K TV today.  No pretzels. 

SAR I

Maybe you can get Mark Sanchez to come over. Its not like he's going to be doing anything today anyway.

32 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yes he actually went for it on 4th down with 2 minutes left and down by 18 in one game this year-  that is progress. 

Archived