Jets boxed themselves into impossible corner with Todd Bowles

Ken Schroy

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This week 16 of 2017. Anyone making predictions on 2018 season results at this time speaks nothing of what they know.

No offense, but your predictions do not ring of Nostradamos, just like mine.

It's not hard to predict which teams will be bad. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Pretty sure the Jets will add new players. You list that as if they won't sign or draft anyone.

The drafts have been a joke for the Jets- hard to believe they'll figure it out. FA just gets you into more trouble. Pass rushers, QB's, LT's and CB1's dont hit the market aka the guys worth paying.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The team is bad.

And all that said, they have only been outplayed in one game.

Certainly not near the dire state that many here predicted.

Offense to a lot of the posters here, but there are not many that seem to be making a living out of the NFL prediction business. excuse me if I wait until seeing what happens before trusting any premature predictions made by some of those same people.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

oh

You should appreciate this, it’s akin to the 2016 Mets being better than the 2016 Cubs because they won that one series in 2015!

I’m not a believer that we needed to see progressive, linear growth on both sides of the ball from 2015-2017. Just not a believer in that being how it works and definitely don’t see the gaps between teams in the NFL as large enough. 

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

I would typically agree but when you completely revamp your secondary and you proceed to go from 11 to 20 and have given up the 2nd most passing TD's in the NFL,

Technically they are tied for 2nd with Cleveland and Houston.

The Giants have given up more and they paid for their secondary. I would rather have the Jets secondary suck at their price than the Giants suck at their price

The hiring of Todd Bowles was a knee jerk reaction by owner Woody Johnson there were many better candidates for the position and there still are today as we speak. We are 3 years into Todd Bowles with zero improvements on and off the field, game day mistakes, failure to make adjustments, play smart football and win games.  
The day Todd Bowles is fired and we don't have a HC we will be an improved franchise. Until then settle for mediocre sloppy football with a team that quits. 

Bull**** post! I disagree. We had 4 damn wins before Bowles got off his flight in NY. Have you forgotten? This is with a better roster. Where they messed up was not doing what they did this year the first year. The 10 wins set the bar and took away from the fact this team needed to be gutted and built back up.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, UnTypicalJET said:

Bull**** post! I disagree. We had 4 damn wins before Bowles got off his flight in NY. Have you forgotten? This is with a better roster. Where they messed up was not doing what they did this year the first year. The 10 wins set the bar and took away from the fact this team needed to be gutted and built back up.

Fact the NY Jets played the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015 all Ryan Fitzpatrick did was set individual records and choked when the team needed him the most against Buffalo in the final game. Todd Bowles inherited a decent team that should have made a playoff run that season with the easy schedule. if you remember correctly he sat Chris Ivory and said he was hurt even after he reeled off a 58 yard run he played Stevan Ridley who was terrible. What's BULLsh*t is the DRIVEL you post on this forum. Im going to ask you again are you Todd Bowles?  

Steinbrenner fired Martin 19 times. There is no such thing as a box or corner 

Owners get to do what they want. 

The outrage of woody going back on his word wouldn't even register here 

I think Bowles will survive a lot because there is no "break in case your franchise sucks" czar out there 

None of the TV guys will coach again 

The retreads are not sexy enough, and going with another rookie HC makes little sense. 

Fact the NY Jets played the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015 all Ryan Fitzpatrick did was set individual records and choked when the team needed him the most against Buffalo in the final game. Todd Bowles inherited a decent team that should have made a playoff run that season with the easy schedule. if you remember correctly he sat Chris Ivory and said he was hurt even after he reeled off a 58 yard run he played Stevan Ridley who was terrible. What's BULLsh*t is the DRIVEL you post on this forum. Im going to ask you again are you Todd Bowles?  

Are you serious? Am I Todd Bowles! , if I was the posts would be way worse. I’m just a realest. Some of your posts are not fact driven and I’m not one to Go ALONG WITH THE FLOW. Right is right and wrong is wrong. The man has not been perfect but he has made some strides in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

So very Jetsy.

Exhibit A why the NEw York sports media should be ignored.  Bowles keeping his job because a bunch of truly ignorant New York sports media heads went full-retard-hyperbole in their "predictions" of the Jets as a 0-16 team.....f' me man.  That is just peak Jetsyness.

If only we all got such breaks in life, some chucklehead sets exceedingly low (false) expectations, and when even the most minor effort exceeds them, declare victory and keep your job.  What a life.

I think the Las Vegas odds makers were on board with the bold so please stop the the NY media histroinics.     

8 hours ago, JiF said:

The only measurable meaningful category in which the Jets have shown improvement is offensive pts per game they went from 30 to 20.  This can be attributed to both better QB play and an easier schedule. Which is ironic considering they were recently held scoreless.  Overall, the offense hasn't been very good.  So I cant really look at it and say its better than last year.  I guess the WR's are better, maybe?  

Defense?  They're not better at all.  In fact, after revamping their terrible secondary, they went from 11th overall in yards to 24th and have given up the  2nd most passing TD's in the NFL.  They went from 28 to 26 in ppg allowed.  So... Improvement!!!???!!!

I attribute it to a new offensive coordinator. I used italics to illustrate the importance of slant routes in the NFL today.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

The best part of this was how the rallying cry went from: we're not tanking, our goal is the Super Bowl every single year.. to.. we've won 5 games and you all predicted zero so we've had a good season and exceeded expectations. 

Five wins is our Super Bowl. Cleveland, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Miami, Kansas City. Who needs a franchise QB when you have memories?

Archived