joewilly12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I would rather take Keenum and draft a QB at 6 than pay Cousins double

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Please pay attention to Keenum..

I believe that the Jets may make a token but real bid for Cousins and then pivot for Keenum... 

I’d be fine with it..except we run a similar scheme to Cousins Offense. That’s why it’s ideal. Will Csse be Case outside of a Vikings uniform??

Just now, SayNoToDMC said:

I would rather take Keenum and draft a QB at 6 than pay Cousins double

In essence I agree with you..

I am very very big on getting Cousins but I would not be upset if we got Keenum and drafted a QB at 6 either. I just cant take the Jets trotting out the McCown's and Fitz and pretending like this is going to cause us to win.

The key is the Jets need to have a plan and hope that they do...

7 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I think we're going Josh Allen also since it's the only first round QB we have no business touching. If Hack debacle has proved anything it's that our coaching staff is incapable of coaching up a QB with accuracy concerns coming out of college

Think Kyle Boller, big arm, just can't play QB.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

In essence I agree with you..

I am very very big on getting Cousins but I would not be upset if we got Keenum and drafted a QB at 6 either. I just cant take the Jets trotting out the McCown's and Fitz and pretending like this is going to cause us to win.

The key is the Jets need to have a plan and hope that they do...

Whatever we do at QB, no more mid to late 30s veterans.  Sign a vet in his 20s, draft a guy, do both, but no more 35+ year old journeymen .  At least get a guy that is young enough that if he plays well, he may have some sort of a future.  38 year old Josh McCown, smh.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’d be fine with it..except we run a similar scheme to Cousins Offense. That’s why it’s ideal. Will Csse be Case outside of a Vikings uniform??

As I said above, I'm with you my friend, I just haven't seen this administration make the bold move except in the case of Hack and that hasn't worked out to well so far....

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Good Post...

And this is why Mac doesn't and shouldn't get a pass on the Hackenberg pick (and I wanted Hack drafted) at the end of the day it is the GM's job to think things through......

We are going to have to use a high pick to draft a center this yr. Bowles was said to really like hackenberg also, and Mac said he often makes his picks off Bowles recommendations so I can’t put it all on Mac.  Which is proof because only a ex D-cord would want to pick back to back safeties in rounds 1 and 2 when your offense is one of the worst in nfl. That is what scares me. I would feel better letting woody Johnson make the picks from London then allow Bowles to dictacte another D dominated draft. 2 of the 3 top picks better be O. If not all 3. 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Manish’s and all the other Jets beat writers’ next piece is practically writing itself right now 

Buried lede of the day-coach that Manish Mehta trashed to the point Jets backed out of hiring him is going to the AFC title game. Don't expect to see that in tomorrow's Daily News. 

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Cousins is my first FA priority. That allows us to draft the best playmaker/LT/edge rusher at 6.

Keenum would be a nice consolation, but then I would also consider drafting a QB to compete a la Russell Wilson v. Matt Flynn.

See getting Cousins would allow you to select a QB in say the 3rd round of the draft, then the Jets could through draft picks and free agency be ready to compete immediately.

Folks who don't think it could happen, just need to look at the Jacksonville Jaguars and their rapid ascendancy this year.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Buried lede of the day-coach that Manish Mehta trashed to the point Jets backed out of hiring him is going to the AFC title game. Don't expect to see that in tomorrow's Daily News. 

Manish is a d!ck, but if Woody didn't hire Marrone because of an article Manish wrote, that is on Woody, not Manish.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

See getting Cousins would allow you to select a QB in say the 3rd round of the draft, then the Jets could through draft picks and free agency be ready to compete immediately.

Folks who don't think it could happen, just need to look at the Jacksonville Jaguars and their rapid ascendancy this year.

I want Luke Falk in the third ..through and through man. I have a thing for QB’s with good accuracy.

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We are going to have to use a high pick to draft a center this yr. Bowles was said to really like hackenberg also, and Mac said he often makes his picks off Bowles recommendations so I can’t put it all on Mac.  Which is proof because only a ex D-cord would want to pick back to back safeties in rounds 1 and 2 when your offense is one of the worst in nfl. That is what scares me. I would feel better letting woody Johnson make the picks from London then allow Bowles to dictacte another D dominated draft. 2 of the 3 top picks better be O. If not all 3. 

Well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived