*****NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread January 13-14,2018

joewilly12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Can't believe Im going to say this. Todd Bowles is a better game manager than Mike Tomlin

No he isn't.

If you look at total sample set, rather than just making a ninny reactionary post after this particular game, then you'd see how silly this post is. Tomlin isn't great, but he's not worse than Bowles. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Understood so we chalk it up as another wasted draft pick that this organization has so many. 

Ok cool enjoy the game. 

Dude, he was a 7th round pick. If he didn't catch the TD today it would have been a very similar unknown FB picked in the 7th or UDFA catching the td pass.

The Jets have been horrible at drafting players. This isn't really part of the argument to access their incompetence tho

Just now, HessStation said:

Dude, he was a 7th round pick. If he didn't catch the TD today it would have been a very similar unknown FB picked in the 7th or UDFA catching the td pass today. 

The Jets have been horrible at drafting players. This isn't really part of the argument to access their incompetence tho

Who's arguing? 

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And like @SenorGato has been saying for the last however many weeks, using the history of the team to whine about the current regime and other things is ridiculous.  

Actually my thing is more that no one cares about the past anymore. The league is turning over again and the Jets have a very liquid roster with tons of resources available for a quick turnaround. I see a less QB oriented league this postseason, that is one I think the Jets can thrive in. 

I like what GM guy has done for the franchise as far as the cap, very reminiscent of the Cubs’ teardown. Beyond that meh, I’m just generally a naive and optimistic person or something.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So Tom Brady, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles. Case Keenum could make it an interesting foursome

Thats why I am rooting for the Saints in this upcoming game.  At least Brees can go toe to toe with Brady if he has to.

The bigger picture here is that an NFL owner who is a successful businessman, not a trust fund baby, analyzed the situation, hired a Football President, hired a hard-nosed coach who ran a brutal training camp, focused on Parcellsian principles of building an OL, running game and pass rush and beat the Steelers with a big goofy inaccurate QB who can run and throw the ball down the field.  

All with Jets rejects in the backfield and front office. 

The current approach of the Jets will not work.  The Jaguars have it figured out.

1 minute ago, varjet said:

The bigger picture here is that an NFL owner who is a successful businessman, not a trust fund baby, analyzed the situation, hired a Football President, hired a hard-nosed coach who ran a brutal training camp, focused on Parcellsian principles of building an OL, running game and pass rush and beat the Steelers with a big goofy inaccurate QB who can run and throw the ball down the field.  

All with Jets rejects in the backfield and front office. 

The current approach of the Jets will not work.  The Jaguars have it figured out.

But to what end?

Also both come from NY.

Jets could have had Marrone

Giants could moved Coughlin up

Archived