*****NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread January 13-14,2018

joewilly12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The bigger picture here is that an NFL owner who is a successful businessman, not a trust fund baby, analyzed the situation, hired a Football President, hired a hard-nosed coach who ran a brutal training camp, focused on Parcellsian principles of building an OL, running game and pass rush and beat the Steelers with a big goofy inaccurate QB who can run and throw the ball down the field.  

All with Jets rejects in the backfield and front office. 

The current approach of the Jets will not work.  The Jaguars have it figured out.

Exactly. When you draft and build a strong OL/DL line. You pretty much get an accurate output of their pre draft assessment. Qbs, corners, lbs are more of a crap shoot. Especially qbs. instead of drafting a strong 10 yr anchor for your OL in the 2nd round, jets pretty much throw that valuable pick in the trash by drafting hackenberg. 

You know how as a married couple you hang out with other married couples? 

Our best friends are life long eagles/vikings fans 

He is the eagles fan from South Jersey and she is from Minnesota but moved to South Jersey 20 years ago. 

She is even distantly related to Matt Birk and got to hang out with vikings at a probowl years ago

I am a viking 

So

GO VIKINGS 

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Exactly. When you draft and build a strong OL/DL line. You pretty much get an accurate output of their pre draft assessment. Qbs, corners, lbs are more of a crap shoot. Especially qbs. instead of drafting a strong 10 yr anchor for your OL in the 2nd round, jets pretty much throw that valuable pick in the trash by drafting hackenberg. 

The irony is that Mac has been drafting AFTER the Jaguars.  These are the players Mac passed up to draft Hack.  Whitehair is a great C for the Bears.  Watch them pay Ryan Jensen $10mm/year.

2 51 New York Jets Christian Hackenberg  QB Penn State Big Ten  
  2 52 Atlanta Falcons Deion Jones  LB LSU SEC from Houston [R2 - 11]
  2 53 Washington Redskins Su'a Cravens  LB USC Pac-12  
  2 54 Minnesota Vikings Mackensie Alexander  CB Clemson ACC  
  2 55 Cincinnati Bengals Tyler Boyd  WR Pittsburgh ACC  
  2 56 Chicago Bears Cody Whitehair  G Kansas State Big 12 from Seattle [R2 - 12]
  2 57 Indianapolis Colts T. J. Green  CB Clemson ACC from Green Bay [R2 - 13]
  2 58 Pittsburgh Steelers Sean Davis  S Maryland Big Ten

Yes, we have Darron Lee, not Deion Jones.  

Just now, varjet said:

The irony is that Mac has been drafting AFTER the Jaguars.  These are the players Mac passed up to draft Hack.  Whitehair is a great C for the Bears.  Watch them pay Ryan Jensen $10mm/year.

The ironic thing is that most Jets fans would approve going for the QB position over the other positions. Since the QB position is valuable.

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

They still need star power. No one cares about Miles Jack playing in a Super Bowl.

And you know what? That’s evil and greedy. Thats not fair to Myles Jack. He’s probably dreamt of a super bowl game since he was kid just like the rest of the league’s players...but because he’s not as marketable or a big brand QB he will have that held against him by his own employer. Disgusting man.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And you know what? That’s evil and greedy. Thats not fair to Myles Jack. He’s probably dreamt of a super bowl game since he was kid just like the rest of the league’s players...but because he’s not as marketable or a big brand QB he will have that held against him by his own employer. Disgusting man.

Agreed. It sucks. The league has no integrity any more.

21 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is an example how clueless Mac is. Texans were picking right after us in 2nd round last yr. Texans at last min decide to trade up 2 spots right in front of jets. There was story that Mac was so worried they were going to pick hackenberg because the Texans qb coach trained hackenberg ? Or something like that. But they traded in front of jets to steal center Nick Martin . They correctly saw him as a steal and saw the jets had big hole at center so they were worried jets would pick him so that is why they jumped the jets. Mac said he took a big sigh of Relief. Meanwhile Martin is now the anchor of Texans OL?. 

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The ironic thing is that most Jets fans would approve going for the QB position over the other positions. Since the QB position is valuable.

Yes but just about none of us would approve of selecting Hack in the 2nd. So that spin is span dude.

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yes but just about none of us would approve of selecting Hack in the 2nd. So that spin is span dude.

I was ok with taking Hack in the second round if the GM saw something there. I'm not going to criticize anyone for trying to get a QB cause we're trash till we get one. Where the criticism comes in is Mac and his scouting department clearly have no ******* clue what they're doing cause the guy they picked was too crappy to get any playing time week 17 in a sh*t throwaway game staring Bryce Petty

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I was ok with taking Hack in the second round if the GM saw something there. I'm not going to criticize anyone for trying to get a QB cause we're trash till we get one. Where the criticism comes in is Mac and his scouting department clearly have no ******* clue what they're doing cause the guy they picked was too crappy to get any playing time week 17 in a sh*t throwaway game staring Bryce Petty

Hack did not even have a Draft able grade from some people. That's been pretty much proven. I don't have an issue with us taking a chance on a QB.

It's just Hack was so bad No One, and I mean No one, was taking him in the second. He was a late second day pick. In stead we took him at 51 and passed on players we could have used to build with.

I can see this FO pick Josh Allen, and I will laugh in despair.  

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This is an example how clueless Mac is. Texans were picking right after us in 2nd round last yr. Texans at last min decide to trade up 2 spots right in front of jets. There was story that Mac was so worried they were going to pick hackenberg because the Texans qb coach trained hackenberg ? Or something like that. But they traded in front of jets to steal center Nick Martin . They correctly saw him as a steal and saw the jets had big hole at center so they were worried jets would pick him so that is why they jumped the jets. Mac said he took a big sigh of Relief. Meanwhile Martin is now the anchor of Texans OL?. 

Good Post...

And this is why Mac doesn't and shouldn't get a pass on the Hackenberg pick (and I wanted Hack drafted) at the end of the day it is the GM's job to think things through......

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Hack did not even have a Draft able grade from some people. That's been pretty much proven. I don't have an issue with us taking a chance on a QB.

It's just Hack was so bad No One, and I mean No one, was taking him in the second. He was a late second day pick. In stead we took him at 51 and passed on players we could have used to build with.

I can see this FO pick Josh Allen, and I will laugh in despair.  

I think we're going Josh Allen also since it's the only first round QB we have no business touching. If Hack debacle has proved anything it's that our coaching staff is incapable of coaching up a QB with accuracy concerns coming out of college

Archived