Pauline Notes

KRL

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

then he'll love Burton who will be every bit as productive or more than ASJ at the same or lower price.  Graham will be way overpriced.  He may have had 10 TDs for Seattle this year, but they have to be the quietest TDs ever.  He only had 6 TDs for Seattle in 2016 and a measly 2 TDs in 2015.  His Brees days are long gone.  He is ALWAYS a health risk as well.  Not worth the money. 

Graham has had one significant injury his entire career.  A 6’7 tight end with good hands will be Kirk Cousins’ best friend in the redzone.  Jets need to make it happen

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Graham has had one significant injury his entire career.  A 6’7 tight end with good hands will be Kirk Cousins’ best friend in the redzone.  Jets need to make it happen

He's had 1 significant injury?  what about the 100+ nagging little ones that keep him from producing? 2 Tds in 2015.  6 in 2016.  Last year was the anomaly in Seattle.    Burton would be just as productive and probably more at a fraction of Graham's overblown cost.  Burton is younger too.  Only 26.  Graham will be 32 this fall.  Waste of money.  Get an edge rusher and Olinemen with all that FA money.  No need to waste it on an overrated 32 year old TE who is always banged up.  Burton had 5 TDs and he was the backup to Ertz.  In the games where Ertz was out due to injury, he produced.  Think of what he could do as the #1 TE here. 

you guys are all fcked. 

JAX should be doing everything in their power to ditch Bortles and sign Cousins. Unreal that i'm reading pro-Bortles posts. Unreal... 

And how fitting is it that we finally start to get some traction at TE and you jackals want to ditch him and sign Trey Burton, who couldn't block a corpse. Seriously, most of the posters in here i love and respect, but you guys woke up on the mentally disabled side of the bed. We're not ditching ASJ for a guy who's had 47 back surgeries and a guy who can't play 1/2 the position... what you CAN do, is resign Jenkins AND Burton, because they serve two completely different functions...

That's like saying, why would I want AJ Green when I've got Landry?.... maybe cause they play two entirely different positions at WR?  

Shame on all of you. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you guys are all fcked. 

JAX should be doing everything in their power to ditch Bortles and sign Cousins. Unreal that i'm ready pro-Bortles posts. Unreal... 

And how fitting is it that we finally start to get some traction at TE and you fcking jackals want to ditch him and sign Trey Burton, who couldn't block a corpse. Seriously, most of the posters in here i love and respect, but you guys woke up on the mentally disabled side of the bed. We're not ditching ASJ for a guy who's had 47 back surgeries and a guy who can't play 1/2 the position... what you CAN do, is resign Jenkins AND Burton, because they serve two completely different functions...

That's like saying, why would I want AJ Green when I've got Landry?.... maybe cause they play two entirely different positions at WR?  

Shame on all of you. 

I like the idea of keeping ASJ.  I'm not paying him $6M per though.  N-O-T.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you guys are all fcked. 

JAX should be doing everything in their power to ditch Bortles and sign Cousins. Unreal that i'm ready pro-Bortles posts. Unreal... 

And how fitting is it that we finally start to get some traction at TE and you fcking jackals want to ditch him and sign Trey BurtonA, who couldn't block a corpse. Seriously, most of the posters in here i love and respect, but you guys woke up on the mentally disabled side of the bed. We're not ditching ASJ for a guy who's had 47 back surgeries and a guy who can't play 1/2 the position... what you CAN do, is resign Jenkins AND Burton, because they serve two completely different functions...

Shame on all of you. 

This!

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you guys are all fcked. 

And how fitting is it that we finally start to get some traction at TE and you fcking jackals want to ditch him and sign Trey Burton, who couldn't block a corpse. Seriously, most of the posters in here i love and respect, but you guys woke up on the mentally disabled side of the bed. We're not ditching ASJ for a guy who's had 47 back surgeries and a guy who can't play 1/2 the position... what you CAN do, is resign Jenkins AND Burton, because they serve two completely different functions...

Shame on all of you. 

How many cups of coffee do you drink and how long do you spend stuck in traffic on your way to work in the morning needing to take a piss. I refuse to believe this board really pisses you off that much.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Trey Burton instead of ASJ.  Better hands.  I don't think ASJ will ever learn how not to bobble the ball.  Burton looks solid. Graham would cost too much and he is no longer the productive TE he was when with Brees.  Too much cost for the risk there. 

Plus I hear Burton can throw the ball

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Loaded roster.

Best owner in the league. 

Father is a Pastor in Orlando.

Tom Coughlin

Jax would be hard to pass on but I just dont see how they can work him into their salary cap.  They've got a lot of money hitting the books over the next 2 years and probably 5-6 players they need to highly consider resigning.  They would have to sacrifice the roster talent depth to accommodate Cousins.  After you finally saw Bortles come in to his own after watching him flail for 3 seasons. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Cousins would be a great fit in JAX, but how can they work him into their cap situation?

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you guys are all fcked. 

JAX should be doing everything in their power to ditch Bortles and sign Cousins. Unreal that i'm reading pro-Bortles posts. Unreal... 

Shame on all of you. 

ASJ is not a great blocker.  Maybe better than Burton at blocking, sure, but we wouldn't be bringing Burton in for that role.  ASJ can't hold onto the ball. I want a receiving TE with capable hands.  That's NOT ASJ.

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you guys are all fcked. 

Shame on all of you. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

ASJ is not a great blocker.  Maybe better than Burton at blocking, sure, but we wouldn't be bringing Burton in for that role.  ASJ can't hold onto the ball. I want a receiving TE with capable hands.  That's NOT ASJ.

Sorry, you're wrong. 

ASJ will have a good to great year next year depending on the QB.

Morton wasn't just fired for clashing with coaches and players.  The perception was that everyone other than Robby was an afterthought in the game plan.  I'm sure Bates will look to get Jenkins rolling throughout the year.

Anyone who says ASJ isn't a hot commodity simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

ASJ will have a good to great year next year depending on the QB.

Morton wasn't just fired for clashing with coaches and players.  The perception was that everyone other than Robby was an afterthought.  I'm sure Bates will look to get Jenkins rolling throughout the year.

Anyone who says ASJ isn't a hot commodity simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

Too bad he can't catch.  ASJ = Mr. Bobbles.  But just maybe they will revamp the "catch rules" and save ASJ's career.  That's what ASJ needs to become competent. 

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

How many cups of coffee do you drink and how long do you spend stuck in traffic on your way to work in the morning needing to take a piss. I refuse to believe this board really pisses you off that much.

I think you're taking my tone to be far more serious than intended. This is message board. I'm just shooting the poop. If i really disagree, i'll chuck a few f*cks in there. But I hardly get out of my seat... also, you're hypersensitized to my posts being aggressive, so you look for that and find it.  

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Too bad he can't catch.  ASJ = Mr. Bobbles.  But just maybe they will revamp the "catch rules" and save ASJ's career.  That's what ASJ needs to become competent. 

oh my god, boohoo for you. He dropped a couple passes, with bullsh*t ref'ing. Of course we'd all prefer to have him caught those, but you've reduced his entire playing career of catching passes like a boss, down to a few untimely drops. 

Get a tissue. 

Just now, Paradis said:

oh my god, boohoo for you. He dropped a couple passes, with bullsh*t ref'ing. Cry me a fcking river. Of course we'd all prefer to have him caught those, but spare the judge jury act that you've reduced his entire playing career of catching passes like a boss, down to a few untimely drops. 

Get a tissue. 

LOL.  The meds are in full bloom with this one.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I think it's different for every QB but in Bortles case specifically, he was a project to begin with, so you had to be willing to deal with his high and lows.  Which the Jags did and benefited from doing so.  He didnt come out as a polished passer, he even admits he's not a natural thrower of the Football even to this day.  Plus, when they drafted him, their OL was terrible for the first few years.  They did do a good job of giving him some WR's yet often injured but he was handing off to Denard Robinson, Toby Gerhart and Jordan Todman.  Now the OL is better, the run game was #1 in the league and he balled out in Dec/Jan.

That's a tough one, man.  You put up with all the warts and then he finally seems to put it together and then you kick him to the curb for a super high priced FA that will most certainly impede your ability to keep the roster talent at the current level. 

I'd probably stick with Bortles.  

Jax doesn’t have much of an option. Bortles wrist surgery makes him uncuttable without Jax being responsible for the 5th yr option @ 19 mil. Even if they were to split the dead money up 2-3 yrs, in a sense would be like paying Cousins 6-9 mil extra each year...yikes!

https://www.google.com/amp/thebiglead.com/2018/02/05/how-blake-bortles-surgery-forced-jaguars-to-commit-to-him/amp/

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  The meds are in full bloom with this one.

In all seriousness, with how the position been an issue for us - I'm absolutely resigning ASJ. He needs to take another step forward in 2018, work on his focus - but i'm not walking away from our only productive TE in the last 7-8 years. Cmon... 

"Austin, we're gonna go ahead and meet terms with your agent. What i expect from you in return is to clean up your game some. Work with some trainers, don't want to see you gas again in December. lets get that focus back. Too many drops as the year went on"... etc

That's what will happen in the real world. Might not be popular in pseudo-forum reality, but that's what how it should go. 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

For Cousins?  What are they going to do with Tannehill and his contract?

From what I understand if they cut him they won't be on the hook for his 19m as per miami media talking heads.  They are also going to release some of their aging overpaid defenders. If they don't they will definitely be looking for a QB in the draft and they pick at 11.

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

From what I understand if they cut him they won't be on the hook for his 19m as per miami media talking heads.  They are also going to release some of their aging overpaid defenders. If they don't they will definitely be looking for a QB in the draft and they pick at 11.

Cousins is coming here or the Vikings 

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

In all seriousness, with how the position been an issue for us - I'm absolutely resigning ASJ. He needs to take another step forward in 2018, work on his focus - but i'm not walking away from our only productive TE in the last 7-8 years. Cmon... 

"Austin, we're gonna go ahead and meet terms with your agent. What i expect from you in return is to clean up your game some. Work with some trainers, don't want to see you gas again in December. lets get that focus back. Too many drops as the year went on"... etc

That's what will happen in the real world. Might not be popular in pseudo-forum reality, but that's what how it should go. 

He's had years to learn how to improve his catching.  It hasn't happened.  What in the world leads you to believe that this coaching staff can coach him up?  Sorry, I trust neither ASJ nor the Jets coaching staff to be able to remedy him.  He is Mr. Bobbles.

Archived