Lamar Jackson prediction: falls to rd 2

Philc1

I'd vote yes and no. I really would not want him, even in the 2nd round as our QB. Ideally I'd want us to have aq signed FA QB going into the draft and maybe take a flyer on say Launetta in the 3rd.

I’d say wait, trade back and take Mike White in the 3rd. Lauletta does not have the arm we need for Metlife stadium ( based on what I saw at combine)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, jetsfansince7 said:

I’d say wait, trade back and take Mike White in the 3rd. Lauletta does not have the arm we need for Metlife stadium ( based on what I saw at combine)

II had things to do in the afternoon so I missed Lauletta throw. I only saw him at the Senior Bowl and man he lit it up big time.

I was not impressed with the little I saw of Mike White. It's gonna be a long 7 weeks till the draft.

II had things to do in the afternoon so I missed Lauletta throw. I only saw him at the Senior Bowl and man he lit it up big time.
I was not impressed with the little I saw of Mike White. It's gonna be a long 7 weeks till the draft.

It was weird. lauletta has this short arm delivery that I didn’t see at the senior bowl. I have not seen much mike white tape but he is qb head smart and has a good arm.

1 minute ago, jetsfansince7 said:

It was weird. lauletta has this short arm delivery that I didn’t see at the senior bowl. I have not seen much mike white tape but he is qb head smart and has a good arm.

I know people were working with Lauetta's arm movement. Seemed he was telegraphing when he was throwing long by his arm movement. I taped ( yes I said taped as in VCR) the Senior Bowl so I go back and look at him again there.

I know people were working with Lauetta's arm movement. Seemed he was telegraphing when he was throwing long by his arm movement. I taped ( yes I said taped as in VCR) the Senior Bowl so I go back and look at him again there.

I’m just dying to know which qb is going to be that mid round gem. I can’t believe a 4th rounder is about to be the highest paid player in football.

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If he does:

1) do we go BPA at 6? (Nelson or one of the highly rated edge rushers?)

and 

2) are you happy with him as the qb we get in this draft?

My answer is yes to both

How can you assume at 6 that he will fall to the 2nd round. My point is, they Jets will have to make a decision on a QB at 6 without knowing Jackson will fall to the 2nd round. 

Lets say they decide not to draft a QB at 6 and by luck he falls to them in the 2nd round. Yes, I'd love Jackson in the second round. His upside is insanely high and I think the injury and accuracy concerns are overblown with him. 

1. His WRs dropped a ton of balls and his accuracy is actually not bad if you ever watched him play a full game. His biggest issue is footwork. 

2. Injuries are anybody's guess if the player has no injury history. It's not like Jackson had surgery on his knee or is a concussion 'case'. People are just assuming that a 'running' QB who isn't built like a tank is bound to get hurt. And that's a fair assumption. But Jackson does not ave to run in the NFL the way he ran in college. If he runs selectively and learns to slide/go out of bounds, etc. He could be stay healthy for a long time and still be a dual threat QB....a la Russel Wilson. 

If I had a crystal ball and knew Jackson would be available for me in the 2nd round I would trade down out of 6 and add more draft picks.       

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

If Lamar Jackson is the best QB that Maccagnan walks away with after free agency and this draft then he failed miserably. That would be worse than Idzik walking away with Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans in the best WR draft in recent memory.  

Why so low on Jackson. Just curios. He has immense upside and I don't really see why he can't be better in the NFL than any of the other QB prospects.   

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

Why so low on Jackson. Just curios. He has immense upside and I don't really see why he can't be better in the NFL than any of the other QB prospects.   

schefter reported from the combine that a team has jackson rated as the #2 QB in this class. I don’t think he makes it to the 2nd even if he has a dud pro day like bridgewater did

I don't think he makes it to the 2nd, but if he did, he would be a great pick.  Just the way the Texans redid their entire offense to fit Watson's strengths and the Eagles did the same for Foles, if you can gear the offense to his strengths you could have a very explosive offense.

Jackson had multiple piss poor throws at the combine.  At one point Steve Smith was like "OMG someone just threw a duck".  He had no idea it Jackson and the comment was completely off the cuff and reactionary to what he was seeing.

Jackson just did not look good and did nothing to assuage the concerns about his accuracy.

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Jackson had multiple piss poor throws at the combine.  At one point Steve Smith was like "OMG someone just threw a duck".  He had no idea it Jackson and the comment was completely off the cuff and reactionary to what he was seeing.

Jackson just did not look good and did nothing to assuage the concerns about his accuracy.

Yeah he threw some really bad balls, BUT this guy isnt the type of guy you have sit in the pocket, and ask him to pick apart a team with precision, you move him, and get him throwing naturally, and athleticly so he doesn’t have to think about perfect mechanics, sounds like a poor excuse, but when you have an amazing athlete just go out, and do things without thinking he won’t mess up that poorly on his throws IMO, and you hope come year 3 he learns to slowly play more, and more inside that pocket without thinking, his transition requires a complete overhaul of your offense, but damn it would be an exciting offense that would basically decimate any Defense that is average or worse IMO.

On 3/4/2018 at 3:32 PM, Philc1 said:

If he does:

1) do we go BPA at 6? (Nelson or one of the highly rated edge rushers?)

and 

2) are you happy with him as the qb we get in this draft?

My answer is yes to both

I would be fine with Lamar, but if we want him as our QB we'll likely need to trade back into the first. There is no way I see him getting to 37 with so many teams in the 20-36 range looking for a QB to groom. Chargers, Bills, Saints, Patriots, Giants, Steelers, Jaguars could all be a potential landing spot. Only way I want us passing on a QB at 6 is if the top 4 are gone.

Archived