117 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite QB Prospect?

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Josh Allen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Lamar Jackson

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Darnold's name was a placeholder for whoever would be the top QB in the draft. The idea was to get the #1 or worst case #2 pick which they're now on the outside looking in due to signing and starting McCown which helped award them the two extra lousy, useless wins. The idea of this entire forum is to post pointless comments, which yours is as much as mine.

An earlier pick would have awarded them better odds, not a clear definitive answer.

Here's the difference between our posts.  Ive known from last off-season that there was no chance that they were tanking.  Teams don't tank.  Players don't want to tank.  No HC can survive selling his team on a tank.  Some fans still think losing is so smart. That a few picks higher translates into a can't miss player.  Disregarding fact.  It's what fans do.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Here's the difference between our posts.  Ive known from last off-season that there was no chance that they were tanking.  Teams don't tank.  Players don't want to tank.  No HC can survive selling his team on a tank.  Some fans still think losing is so smart. That a few picks higher translates into a can't miss player.  Disregarding fact.  It's what fans do.

Nobody actually expects players and coaches to tank. Not one Suck for Sam fan. 

The McCown move by Maccagnan however, was reprehensible. It padded a few extra wins into a rebuilding year. The earlier pick enhances your odds. 

Rosen - most pro ready QB

Darnold - has the it factor, I think he is the safest of the prospects

Allen - perfect frame, strength, speed, ultimate block of clay for an OC

Jackson - he is going to be a highlight reel from day 1, I just think his style of play will not be sustainable

Baker - I think he is the lightning rod of a personality that would be a shot in the arm for the NFL, throw him in the NY market with a team that hasn't had a franchise QB and watch ratings sky rocket. People will love him or hate him and people will tune in to watch him fail or succeed. I want nothing more than for Brady to fizzle out and Baker to take the AFC East by storm.

Give me any of these guys and I'll be ecstatic but there is an extra layer of fire that comes with Baker's personality. If he can't succeed we would likely be the laughing stock of the NFL again, similar to the butt fumble, but man I'd love to roll the dice

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

Remember when the Jets won their 4th and 5th meaningless game and a bunch dorky real fans popped wood?

You do realize the Jets could've easily been a 7 or 8 win team? My point: be grateful for having the #6 pick and a shot at a premiere young QB.

7 hours ago, HessStation said:

Nobody actually expects players and coaches to tank. Not one Suck for Sam fan. 

The McCown move by Maccagnan however, was reprehensible. It padded a few extra wins into a rebuilding year. The earlier pick enhances your odds. 

So the rest of the team is so stupid that they would buy into the team is starting either of those 2 lousy QBs and not tanking?  

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If we don’t get Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold in Rd. 1 then we need to get another position and come back for QB in the 2nd. 

I’m still taking Allen if he’s there.

I don’t really care if he’s a big gamble. At the end of the day, all of these kids are.

If you hit on him, you potentially have Big Ben 2.0 on your hands for the next 12-15 years.

Worth the risk

33 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m still taking Allen if he’s there.

If we can't move up for Rosen or Darnold and Mayfield is gone too I think I would probably take Jackson before Allen but it had goddamned well be a quarterback basically no matter what. Barkley is gone, Nelson is totally out of the question, and while Fitzpatrick seems like a really clean prospect, Milliner did too, another defensive back no matter how talented and versatile is a frivolous luxury, and nobody makes it out of Tuscaloosa alive. Gun to my head I would guess that we're staring down Allen vs. Landry because I don't think Jackson is going to get serious consideration at 6.

13 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Rosen - most pro ready QB

Darnold - has the it factor, I think he is the safest of the prospects

Allen - perfect frame, strength, speed, ultimate block of clay for an OC

Jackson - he is going to be a highlight reel from day 1, I just think his style of play will not be sustainable

Baker - I think he is the lightning rod of a personality that would be a shot in the arm for the NFL, throw him in the NY market with a team that hasn't had a franchise QB and watch ratings sky rocket. People will love him or hate him and people will tune in to watch him fail or succeed. I want nothing more than for Brady to fizzle out and Baker to take the AFC East by storm.

Give me any of these guys and I'll be ecstatic but there is an extra layer of fire that comes with Baker's personality. If he can't succeed we would likely be the laughing stock of the NFL again, similar to the butt fumble, but man I'd love to roll the dice

Josh Rosen's comp to me is Aaron Rodgers. Whether he becomes that or not is obviously unknown, but his arm-talent is in the same league. At worst, IMO, he'll become an Andy Dalton type, which isn't the worst thing in the world.

Sam Darnold's comp to me is a more-mobile Philip Rivers or a poor-man's Andew Luck. He has a quirky throwing motion, tries to force it a bit too often, but is ultra-competitive and accurate. His arm is not great but is good enough. I don't think he has the ceiling of a Rosen, but I can see why he's being projected as a quality prospect.

Baker Mayfield's comp to me is Drew Brees (ceiling) and Rex Grossman (floor). He's small-ish and not a perfect prospect, and comes from a playground-like college system ala Rex Grossman. Like Brees and Grossman, he's got a good enough arm and is accurate. For him, it all comes down to system, system, system. 

Josh Allen's comp to me is Joe Flacco. He's big and strong, pretty athletic for his size, and has a cannon. Unfortunately, he's unable to anticipate and throw guys open, and you don't just learn that. I just do not understand anybody who has this guy as the #1 ranked QB. He's a project that is unlikely to progress to anything better than what Joe Flacco was at his best.

On 3/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, dbatesman said:

Definite yes on Rudolph. I have no idea what to make of Jackson beyond the fact that handing him to this coaching staff would be a classic mule/spinning wheel situation.

I would sign Teddy Bridgewater and if Mayfield isn't available I would look to trade down and possibly get Rudolf  At say number 17. If we could pick up a second and 3rd rounder we could really fill this team up.  With 3 second round picks we could pick up 2 corner backs and and outside linebackers/defense end. If Guice is still there at 37, yoi hsve to take him and live with one one corner. Best case would be getting Micael in the 3rdIf we stay where we are a go with Baker Mayfield

Archived