I would love to see a graph

Dcronin

Showing a pattern or rule to how effective a player a FA acquisition is based on what month he was acquired. Like, are the highest-scoring players ALWAYS acquired in March when the big fish are caught? 

Or is there still gold to be found in April/May, especially right after the draft? And also, what about when cuts are being made in August? Are there many discarded players that catch on well with other teams?

I wonder if there are many starters who are not yet on our team.

DC

On 4/29/2018 at 12:09 AM, Dcronin said:

Showing a pattern or rule to how effective a player a FA acquisition is based on what month he was acquired. Like, are the highest-scoring players ALWAYS acquired in March when the big fish are caught? 

Or is there still gold to be found in April/May, especially right after the draft? And also, what about when cuts are being made in August? Are there many discarded players that catch on well with other teams?

I wonder if there are many starters who are not yet on our team.

DC

Many? No.  But I'd say there's a 40% chance that the Jets pickup a guy in August after another team makes final cuts that turns out to be a big asset, perhaps a part-time starting DE, etc.

Many? No.  But I'd say there's a 40% chance that the Jets pickup a guy in August after another team makes final cuts that turns out to be a big asset, perhaps a part-time starting at DE, etc.

THANKS JETSTREAM!!!

Wow, ha. Didn’t mean to explode so many brains. Not actually that complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Getting a strong "Dude, data's like, so lame" vibe. 

Ha nah. I just think the usage of the word “ graph “ made people scratch their heads. Free agency is never the same. Look at baseball this yr, lot of star players didn’t sign until after spring training. Remember when the great Ryan Fitzpatrick held out long because he had so many offers ??

Archived