July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the rounds where there's no more technical HOFers left but still plenty of players who either legit should be/have a legit case for being in the HOF or were just as good as HOFers at their pick.

Richmond Webb and Simeon Rice were great picks for me at this point in our draft ?

4 minutes ago, King P said:

These are the rounds where there's no more technical HOFers left but still plenty of players who either legit should be/have a legit case for being in the HOF or were just as good as HOFers at their pick.

Richmond Webb and Simeon Rice were great picks for me at this point in our draft ?

Still a few more HoFers I think are great and very underrated at this point but yes, we're getting to where there are non-HoF picks that I like much better than some of who's left from the HoF list. 

Well I will try to send a list of I don't know... 40 players, lol.

I am out all weekend on the lake, houseboat, spotty service.... 

and whoever the person was that said if you can't take 2 hours out of your day, on a normal weekend, I would. I will not be participating over the weekend, SAT for sure.

49 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Hence my Aaron Donald pick.

In general I've found that future HoFers who are still playing have been undervalued, presumably because we're all looking to "resume" first. Guys like Donald, OBJ, Watt, etc. all probably went later than they should have.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

In general I've found that future HoFers who are still playing have been undervalued, presumably because we're all looking to "resume" first. Guys like Donald, OBJ, Watt, etc. all probably went later than they should have.

Valid point.  I think I'm more comfortable with at least 4-5 great years so I'm a little leery of OBJ but the other two are no-brainers for future HoF if they keep up what they are doing (or maybe even not).  I may have to dig deep for a few positions later on and that may mean a guy who's only been playing 4-5 years at a high level vs. a guy who's very good but not all-time great for longer.  We'll see.

Just now, nycdan said:

Valid point.  I think I'm more comfortable with at least 4-5 great years so I'm a little leery of OBJ but the other two are no-brainers for future HoF if they keep up what they are doing (or maybe even not).  I may have to dig deep for a few positions later on and that may mean a guy who's only been playing 4-5 years at a high level vs. a guy who's very good but not all-time great for longer.  We'll see.

I think Watt is already a HoFer even if he never takes another snap. OBJ and Donald both look likely if they keep up their current careers. I'd argue that since we're taking these guys at their peak 4-5 great years is enough, but it's all relative. Perception is ultimately the deal here. 

I think Watt is already a HoFer even if he never takes another snap. OBJ and Donald both look likely if they keep up their current careers. I'd argue that since we're taking these guys at their peak 4-5 great years is enough, but it's all relative. Perception is ultimately the deal here. 

Outside of his YouTube catches, I’m not sure what Odell has done to deserve Hall of Fame conversation. There’s literally a half-dozen receivers in the NFL right now that have played as well if not better than as has. And that’s me being conservative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Outside of his YouTube catches, I’m not sure what Odell has done to deserve Hall of Fame conversation. There’s literally a half-dozen receivers in the NFL right now that have played as well if not better than as has. And that’s me being conservative

Seems like you're suggesting he hasn't been productive but he's had incredible production to go along with the youtube catches and he plays in NYC. If he plays 6 more years at the level he's been playing at he'll get in easily. He's a world class talent.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

And projecting out Odell's future, he won't be the same after this injury.  It'll hurt his explosiveness, which is his 2nd most important quality (after his hands). 

But since we're looking at peak....he put together an incredible 3-year run.  288 catches, 4,122 yards, 35 TD's.  Average those out and its 96 catches for 1,374 yards and 12 TD's per season. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And projecting out Odell's future, he won't be the same after this injury.  It'll hurt his explosiveness, which is his 2nd most important quality (after his hands). 

But since we're looking at peak....he put together an incredible 3-year run. 

I think he'll be okay. Broken bones don't usually have long term effects on explosiveness. It didn't rupture a patella or an Achilles or something.

Seems like you're suggesting he hasn't been productive but he's had incredible production to go along with the youtube catches and he plays in NYC. If he plays 6 more years at the level he's been playing at he'll get in easily. He's a world class talent.

Maybe what I’m trying to say is it’s a little early yet for Odell. Agreed he has all the talent, but it comes with a lot of drama. I’ll be surprised if his career maintains its trajectory. At times he’s also benefited from the giants playing catch up but that’s splitting hairs.

Couple more Paradis picks off the board with Steve Smith and Mathews

Archived