Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Those look really bad to me now. Never thought I’d say that. 

SAR I

these are so much better than the horrible current unis.  They suck. And they won't last more than 4-5 more years.   Glad I bought a Darnold rookie uni instead of waiting.  The black unis look awful and really the only palatable one is the white. 

1 hour ago, Jetworks said:

I think it's a bit odd that this is for sale by the NY Jets, but we haven't seen it on the field. Maybe @SAR I was sorta right after all!

//fanatics.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_3581000/ff_3581806-58f8de8e85f898574dc9_full.jpg&w=325

BLECH.

No white helmets.  SAR was wrong.  The way the Jets executed the green is cool, I like the gradients.

SAR I

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dcat said:

these are so much better than the horrible current unis.  They suck. And they won't last more than 4-5 more years.   Glad I bought a Darnold rookie uni instead of waiting.  The black unis look awful and really the only palatable one is the white. 

31-E27-E46-2028-4-A72-ABE0-F4-DDA9-A0641

I think the answer is "neither".  Old vs. New isn't the argument.  It's New vs. Try Again (maybe).

The Jets need a modern uniform but it can be better than what they delivered last year.  That said, the current unis are "simple".  They don't take bold chances.  They are subtle.  They aren't offensive but they aren't exciting.  Essentially, solid colors with a single swoopy line as an accent.  So if the Jets needed to move away from the 68's at least it was to something that isn't hideous; it's just not "great".

It's on par with all the other modern uniforms from Nike, I'd argue we've got one of the best in that group.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Bring back the classics with the current green. You're welcome.

jamalblk.jpg

It's not going to happen because the new ones aren't bad.  They're not much better, but they're modern and fresh and fan reaction has been mostly favorable.

SAR I

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

Bring back the classics with the current green. You're welcome.

Wouldnt mind that. The new ones arent horrific (colors are nice), but the New York across the chest along with the striping will always look tacky and dated.