The JACK BOYS getting MORE RECOGNITION than NewJackCity?

Gas2No99

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I follow the Jets relatively close, follow this board, listen to WFAN somewhat and watch all the games, and honestly never heard of this. Whatever I guess. 

Yeah I think it showed up mostly in Adams posts and tweets and stuff 

27 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

@JiF I think the other part that has to be taken into consideration is the growth that Adams and Maye could possibly have in year 2. That combined with Johnson Claiborne and Skrine the jets secondary has the potential (!) to be the best unit on this football team and a top secondary in the league. 

Add a couple pass rushers and this becomes a solid maybe. Until then bottom half of league. 

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

@JiF I think the other part that has to be taken into consideration is the growth that Adams and Maye could possibly have in year 2. That combined with Johnson Claiborne and Skrine the jets secondary has the potential (!) to be the best unit on this football team and a top secondary in the league. 

Potential is one thing, execution is another.  I’m skeptical but let’s hope they put it together.  

Seemed like Smith was having his way so it will be interesting to see the first drives this preseason game. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

You’re unit hasn’t done sh*t to deserve giving yourself a nickname. 

Really hope Adams doesn’t try coming up with a name for this secondary. Nicknames are cool...if you really are elite, going to Super Bowls and top 3 in the league.

Otherwise it’s embarrassing and puts a target on your backs for every other team’s offense. 

Casey Hayward is reAlly good and James seems like a great pick but settle down fool.

This.  Not sure why everyone is getting butt hurt about it.  The Chargers earned it and proved they could back it up.  The Jets haven’t.  

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Pass rush sets the tone

You can't have a stout secondary without an effective pass rush. And with perhaps the best pass-rushing tandem in the NFL in Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram, that's certainly the case for the Chargers.

With 78 sacks over the past two seasons, theChargers are tied for 10th in the NFL.

The Jets may suck at coverage, but what the HATERZ won’t tell you is that they also suck at rushing the QB. QED

• 1 month later...

at 0-7 yesterday we can call it the Buster Skrine drive...    all plays against him (plus 15 yd pen) and they score a TD.

at 0-14, Cairborne gets abused twice [playing 8 yds off and being 8 yds aay while his guy catches first downs then commits a hold on a 3rd and 6 sack, a run then a pass TD.

whats the nickname for THAT dredck?

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

at 0-7 yesterday we can call it the Buster Skrine drive...    all plays against him (plus 15 yd pen) and they score a TD.

at 0-14, Cairborne gets abused twice [playing 8 yds off and being 8 yds aay while his guy catches first downs then commits a hold on a 3rd and 6 sack, a run then a pass TD.

whats the nickname for THAT dredck?

Definitely not a good day for the Meoff Boyz.

34 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

We gave up 20 points, 14 of which came on a short field after our offense gave up the ball. The end of that game was frustrating but nitpicking a few moment from the game to prove a point is... kinda exactly what this fanbase does...

Exactly. Gave up 0 2nd half points. And two of their TD's were off of great field position. 

The offense LOST the game yesterday with mistake after mistake. 

Archived