### Jets vs Giants - Preseason Game 3 --- The Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

When given the chance to let it rip Darnold tucked it or threw it away. Anderson and Enunwa are proven downfield talents, he has to make a bold decision eventually. 

Idk if this is a coaching thing or him not confident in his arm but the ball needs to start moving down the field. Robbie Anderson might fight him by week 3.

Just now, Raideraholic said:

Darnold looks great.   Seems like the Jets have their Qb .  The secondary which suppose to be the Jets strength hasn't played that well all preseason.

Thanks, yeah the Jets secondary just can't track the ball or make a play on it. The pass rush is the main problem they are sitting ducks back there

25 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Who hired him?

Who keeps Kacey freaking  Rogers on the staff? 

Who, I ask?! LOL

What has Kacey done wrong other than you can spell his name?  Break down how it's on him other than saying he needs to go.  I get it, 0 TDs in 10 quarters, he has to go. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Preseason is for growth. Let him chuck it in live action. SO what if he throws a pick.

Agreed. Have no idea what this is. If they’re going to play him like he’s Brooks Bollinger just start McCown.

7 minutes ago, Jojo's jets said:

Todd Bowles always talking about cleaning up the penalties, every week. How's that working out? I try & root for him but it's starting to get very hard. It's the same mental mistakes every week with this team

Up until tonight pretty good.  

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

When given the chance to let it rip Darnold tucked it or threw it away. Anderson and Enunwa are proven downfield talents, he has to make a bold decision eventually. 

I don't know what's worse this ridiculous comment or that someone up voted it as if it made any sense.  

guess some don't get the whole rookie thing 

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Lol rookie qb leads team to 2 TDs in first half against starters and I come here and read it’s not enough and he’s afraid to take chances. Jesus. Unbearable. 

Welcome to the Jets fan base 

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Lol rookie qb leads team to 2 TDs in first half against starters and I come here and read it’s not enough and he’s afraid to take chances. Jesus. Unbearable. 

He did AWESOME. I just want him to take advantage of preseason and take chances when it doesn’t count is all. He was touted as being a gunslinger and I’m pleasantly surprised that he can be an accurate conservative QB. Surprised actually in a good way.

I personally just want him to work on the medium and deep ball so he they can open things up more. It be great for his already TURBO fast development. 

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Sanchez was excellent against the Texans in his regular season debut. It's fine to read into what is going on in preseason games, especially the trend that is our offense barely attempting anything further than 10 yards away from the QB.

Just now, kdels62 said:

Sanchez was excellent against the Texans in his regular season debut. It's fine to read into what is going on in preseason games, especially the trend that is our offense barely attempting anything further than 10 yards away from the QB.

WTF does this have to do with anything? 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't know what's worse this ridiculous comment or that someone up voted it as if it made any sense.  

guess some don't get the whole rookie thing 

TRUE, all rookies can only throw the ball a maximum of 10 yards in the air. No one is freaking out, but there is a trend emerging and some of us - those that aren't blatant homers - have questions about those trends. 

So I haven't been able to follow other than a quick glance At the box score.  Would anyone mind filling me in, specifically on these things?

1. How has Darnold played?
  2. How has OL played?
  3. Was Cannon's fumble on offense or ST?

Feel free to add anything else of note if you feel like responding.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So I haven't been able to follow other than a quick glance At the box score.  Would anyone mind filling me in, specifically on these things?

2. How has OL played?

Thanks!

Darnold has been in complete control. Led them to two td drives. QB1. No mistakes so far. 

OL is eh. Qvale in at LT getting abused. 

Fumble on ST. 

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

2. How has OL played?

Thanks!

1. He looks good. The offense seems like its going to be very dink and dunk. It's possible that Darnold isn't comfortable taking chances as he looks very much like a game manager right now. 

2. The OL has played well. Qvale is the only one struggling but he's not a starter so it's not a huge concern. A holding call and 2 false starts on the TE killed drives. They gave Darnold time more often than not. 

3. On ST, which have been a disaster. 

Archived