Antonio Brown MIA?

prime21

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m THOROUGHLY enjoying the Giants and Steelers complete meltdowns. If only the Pats can begin to crack this year, it would ease any pain from our own failures if we have a bad year. 

You can see the changing of the guard in the NFL happening right before our very eyes.  New young QBs entering the league (Mahomes, Watson, Darnold, etc.) and the old guys trying to cling on to the final threads of careers and make one last push (Eli, Roethlisberger, Brady, etc.).  The Giants, Steelers and Pats have 1 combined win in 6 games.  Think about that.  The Pats are making desperation moves and trading for guys who the Browns don't want.  Think about that.

I'm typically not one of those people who gets pleasure from the misfortune of others but I'm slowing down and rubbernecking to watch these accidents on the other side of the highway.

he's not going anywhere and just signed a new contract before the 2017 season.

CONTRACT TERMS:4 yr(s) / $68,000,000 SIGNING BONUS$19,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$17,000,000 GTD AT SIGN:$19,000,000 TOTAL GTD:$19,000,000 FREE AGENT:2022 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING ROSTER RESTRUCTURE CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2017 Contract details by year 29 $910,000 $3,800,000 - $8,908,333 $13,618,333 $28,818,333 $17,010,000($17,010,000)  
2018 Contract details by year 30 $915,000 $3,800,000 - $3,240,000 $7,955,000 $29,075,000 $16,775,000($33,785,000)  
2019 Contract details by year 31 $12,625,000 $3,800,000 $2,500,000 $3,240,000 $22,165,000 $21,120,000 $15,125,000($48,910,000)  
2020 Contract details by year 32 $11,300,000 $3,800,000 - $3,240,000 $18,340,000 $14,080,000 $11,300,000($60,210,000)  

POTENTIAL OUT: 2021, 4 YR, $60,210,000; $7,040,000 DEAD CAP

2021 Contract details by year 33 $12,500,000 $3,800,000 - $3,240,000 $19,540,000 $7,040,000 $12,500,000($72,710,000)  
2022 Free Agent Year 34 UFA  

Contract Notes:
  • $19M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus)
  • 2018 Roster Bonus: $6M (due 3/16/2018)
  • 2019 Roster Bonus: $2.5M (due the 5th league day)

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Steelers are in shambles. What a disaster this season has been for them.

The Giants have arguably the greatest complement of offensive skill players in their history with Odell Beckham, Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram, etc. and they can't protect their aging QB and haven't won a game.  Eli has to be thinking....where were these guys 5 years ago when I could actually get them the ball???

The Steelers are going to be just like them too.  All these crazy-good skill guys and will need to quickly replace a QB.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Is HE worth two firsts?

I don't think the Steelers would be willing to eat $29 million in dead money this season if they trade Brown.  No matter what the draft picks offered might be they would never throw away that kind of money.  

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero 

#Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Antonio Brown tweeting "trade me" yesterday: Says he'll address those things directly with Antonio. Important to understand the light they're under. Confirms AB was not there Monday, won't say why or if it was excused. Look forward to talking today.

Tomlin says Antonio Brown has not asked to be traded.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Poor man's Josh Gordon, but I'd still take him.

Go get him Macc.

wut?  You think Josh Gordon is better than Antonio Brown?  Did you get hit in the head by a brick or something?  (Or you are just joking around here and it went right over my head)

17 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m THOROUGHLY enjoying the Giants and Steelers complete meltdowns. If only the Pats can begin to crack this year, it would ease any pain from our own failures if we have a bad year. 

Josh Gordon says "hold my beer"

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero 

#Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Antonio Brown tweeting "trade me" yesterday: Says he'll address those things directly with Antonio. Important to understand the light they're under. Confirms AB was not there Monday, won't say why or if it was excused. Look forward to talking today.

Tomlin says Antonio Brown has not asked to be traded.

Tom and other media outlets are using the tweet out of context. A fan said that AB is lucky he is on the Steelers because he wouldn’t be nearly as good on any other team — AB responded, trade me and find out how wrong you are.

he wasn’t actually asking to be traded though.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Giants have arguably the greatest complement of offensive skill players in their history with Odell Beckham, Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram, etc. and they can't protect their aging QB and haven't won a game.  Eli has to be thinking....where were these guys 5 years ago when I could actually get them the ball???

The Steelers are going to be just like them too.  All these crazy-good skill guys and will need to quickly replace a QB.

The Giants situation was completely foreseeable though. Eli is a statue who has been overrated for his entire career and in steady decline for the last four years. Whiffing on premium picks (Flowers) and letting their best guys (Richburg, Pugh) walk was just incredibly poor planning in regards to the offensive line. They had no cap space because they spent all their money fixing the defense (Vernon, Snacks, Jenkins) because they had missed on pick after pick on that side of the ball as well... And yet they paid out of the you know what for Solder, a guy Brady made look good. 

The obvious move was to blow it up and take the QB you liked the best (Darnold, Allen, or Rosen) but instead they doubled down to win now. Just mind boggling and will haunt them for years.

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Giants situation was completely foreseeable though. Eli is a statue who has been overrated for his entire career and in steady decline for the last four years. Whiffing on premium picks (Flowers) and letting their best guys (Richburg, Pugh) walk was just incredibly poor planning in regards to the offensive line. They had no cap space because they spent all their money fixing the defense (Vernon, Snacks, Jenkins) because they had missed on pick after pick on that side of the ball as well... And yet they paid out of the you know what for Solder, a guy Brady made look good. 

The obvious move was to blow it up and take the QB you liked the best (Darnold, Allen, or Rosen) but instead they doubled down to win now. Just mind boggling and will haunt them for years.

Hopefully.

Just now, section314 said:

Hopefully.

The only way I don't see it happening is if they land a QB next year who pans out, but I think Giants fans are about to find out how hard it can be to land a franchise QB. They had a GREAT chance to luck into the same situation as the Packers and Colts -- seamlessly go from one stud QB to the next. They botched it, big time.

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Bingo!  Barkley is a great player but it's just the wrong decision at the wrong time.  It also puts a TON of pressure on the organization to win now.  That's the message that was sent when they took him.  We're going all-in to win another Super Bowl with Eli in 2018 or 2019.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Bingo!  Barkley is a great player but it's just the wrong decision at the wrong time.  It also puts a TON of pressure on the organization to win now.  That's the message that was sent when they took him.  We're going all-in to win another Super Bowl with Eli in 2018 or 2019.

Right. You'd think picking 2nd overall might have clued them in that this wasn't a "win now" roster, but apparently not.

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Last two seasons there have been rumblings that Big Ben could retire.  HE certainly has to be strongly thinking of ut after this season.

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You can see the changing of the guard in the NFL happening right before our very eyes.  New young QBs entering the league (Mahomes, Watson, Darnold, etc.) and the old guys trying to cling on to the final threads of careers and make one last push (Eli, Roethlisberger, Brady, etc.).  The Giants, Steelers and Pats have 1 combined win in 6 games.  Think about that.  The Pats are making desperation moves and trading for guys who the Browns don't want.  Think about that.

I'm typically not one of those people who gets pleasure from the misfortune of others but I'm slowing down and rubbernecking to watch these accidents on the other side of the highway.

So you're sayin...

MULTIPLE pigs.....

are

ripe..............?

17 minutes ago, Larz said:

So he needs more than 17 targets a game

Got it 

I think he just needs more than Juju.  The problem for AB is that if Ben can make Juju look as good as he has, it starts to raise questions about whether AB is really an all-time great or if maybe it was more Ben then people realized.  In any case, it doesn't feel super team-friendly to me.

Checking the play-by-play of Sunday's game, on the PIT's last drive (on which they scored on Ben running it in), JJSS was targeted 5 times and AB once.  I think that is what put the bee in his bonnet.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think he just needs more than Juju.  The problem for AB is that if Ben can make Juju look as good as he has, it starts to raise questions about whether AB is really an all-time great or if maybe it was more Ben then people realized.  In any case, it doesn't feel super team-friendly to me.

Checking the play-by-play of Sunday's game, on the PIT's last drive (on which they scored on Ben running it in), JJSS was targeted 5 times and AB once.  I think that is what put the bee in his bonnet.

I also bet AB was double covered, and bracket covered all game getting JuJu open hence the targets from Ben.

Archived