How can any team defend the shallow cross? ?

Jetster

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

ITS AN IMPOSSIBILITY! HAS NEVER BEEN DONE IN THE NFL!

Blame Bowles. Didn‘t he just take over part of the defensive playcalling this week? Not a full week into it and the defense looks even worse than against Cleveland.

59 minutes ago, freestater said:

It's a scientific mystery 

You know, I was trying to remember when Bowles defenses started giving up easy 3rd downs & I had to look no further than 2015 playoff in Buffalo. Don't you guys remember Sammy Watkins converting like every time they needed it with a CB playing off JUST ENOUGH to convert. 

Man, losing that game in Buffalo to a team polishing their golf clubs should have been a clue as to this guys incompetence. He's out of excuses!!!

43 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

"I won't know until I watch the game tape, but I assure you I'll know by the next time you ask me this same exact question."

--Todd Bowles; ad infinitum

i mean this is significant. is he saying and which is worse:

• he wasn’t aware of what was happening conceptually to his defense while it was happening
    • and that he had to check the tape in order to even be aware of the issue?
      • meaning, he was neither aware conceptually, nor active in adjusting the defensive gameplan

or:

• he was aware but the players weren’t executing
    • and that he failed to address the lack of execution, or fire up his players on the sideline?
      • meaning, of course the team was prepared conceptually, but he is a poor sideline coach and can’t properly motivate 

9 minutes ago, Vader said:

i mean this is significant. is he saying and which is worse:

• he wasn’t aware of what was happening conceptually to his defense while it was happening
    • and that he had to check the tape in order to even be aware of the issue?
      • meaning, he was neither aware conceptually, nor active in adjusting the defensive gameplan

or:

• he was aware but the players weren’t executing
    • and that he failed to address the lack of execution, or fire up his players on the sideline?
      • meaning, of course the team was prepared conceptually, but he is a poor sideline coach and can’t properly motivate 

He's so bad at in-game management, that if the opposing offense decided to line up in a punt formation every play and run either a fake pass, fake run, or punt, he wouldn't know how to attack that.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

He's so bad at in-game management, that if the opposing offense decided to line up in a punt formation every play and run either a fake pass, fake run, or punt, he wouldn't know how to attack that.

what if it is as Lee said. That it was his and Williamson’s fault? The D players said they practiced against this exact stuff during the week. They got what they expected — unlike the offense.(quincy’s comments). They weren’t passing guys off to each other. Bart Scott has been saying the same thing.

What if it really is the players just playing stupid and lacking communication?

That has to be addressed. The players have to execute and if they can’t they must be made to. If they still can’t you just can’t expect otherwise. Big part of the game is mental.

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

That has to be addressed. The players have to execute and if they can’t they must be made to.

Exactly. If only there was a position on the team we could hire to ensure that the players do what they're supposed to.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Exactly. If only there was a position on the team we could hire to ensure that the players do what they're supposed to.

you know what would be cool? if they could miniaturize a virtual Bart Scott to put in the Brains of all the D players and he would buzz around and get in their face all game

but in heir heads

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

you know what would be cool? if they could miniaturize a virtual Bart Scott to put in the Brains of all the D players and he would buzz around and get in their face all game 

but in heir heads

Or like, if Bart was an imaginary friend that helped them through their trials and tribulations:

Bart Happy.jpg

Archived