Craig Carton found guilty on all fraud charges.............

Kleckineau

he will probably start up a lottery in prison.  All of his problems stem from being a debt-ridden degenerate gambler, which he basically was proud of, if his radio behavior means anything.  what he did to his family was an utter disgrace.  They are ruined.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:03 PM, The Crusher said:

Holy hell.

he probably started an over-under pool on his sentencing in jail.  The one   thing about that radio show I could never stand was how much he talked about his gambling, as if it were somehow normal, and we were somehow interested in it.  I think he probably gets a few years and then probation.

Never a fan of Carton's style and shock jock schtick. Not my thing. But I did see him one time in person. It was at the Jets training camp at Hofstra right after they made the trade for Favre. Many of us were going nuts about it (I bought 3 Favre jerseys) and the Fan had a remote at Hofstra with Carton doing a bit and later talking to fans. So I saw him up close and personal with fans not on the air. And he was a nice guy. Polite, joking around etc. No insults or hyperbole. A regular guy. So maybe there are a few sides of him. He's going to jail for perpetrating fraud and ripping off people. I don't feel sorry for him at all he knew what he was doing. Always hard to understand why some of these people think they can get away with it when so many are convicted. I guess many do get away with it. In his case maybe he was in serious debt for gambling and acted irrationally. But most crooks have a story.  

17 hours ago, Mandarinia said:

He's a scumbag and deserves nothing but the worst. In 2006 when he worked at New Jersey 101.5 he was laughing and making tasteless jokes on air about my fiancé's fathers suicide. I hope he rots in jail.

In that case, feel free to rip him up as often as you like.

Turnabout is fair play.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Never a fan of Carton's style and shock jock schtick. Not my thing. But I did see him one time in person. It was at the Jets training camp at Hofstra right after they made the trade for Favre. Many of us were going nuts about it (I bought 3 Favre jerseys) and the Fan had a remote at Hofstra with Carton doing a bit and later talking to fans. So I saw him up close and personal with fans not on the air. And he was a nice guy. Polite, joking around etc. No insults or hyperbole. A regular guy. So maybe there are a few sides of him. He's going to jail for perpetrating fraud and ripping off people. I don't feel sorry for him at all he knew what he was doing. Always hard to understand why some of these people think they can get away with it when so many are convicted. I guess many do get away with it. In his case maybe he was in serious debt for gambling and acted irrationally. But most crooks have a story.  

He defrauded people . He is a sick gambler, which explains, doesn't excuse, his actions. While I didn't listen to his show, my son got to play in the Boomer Esiason game a few years back, and same thing, Carton was very pleasant and gracious with the players, their families and everyone in attendance. Locally he also helped the Downtown Giants and Brooklyn Hurricanes. local Pop Warner programs, a great deal. Managed to get their games played at MetLife, which was a thrill for those kids. As it happens, through no fault of Carton, both programs are folding this year as fewer and fewer parents let their kids play Pop Warner. Which brings it back to what he has done to his kids. The real shame is how he has upended the lives of those he loves the most. 

On 11/7/2018 at 7:05 PM, Lupz27 said:

The main ring leader got 6.5 years, I could see a scenario where after all his appeals, and what not he never spends another day in prison.  Only thing he has going against him is that he publicly aired his defense through the media, and because he fought, and lost the judge could make an example of him should he choose, but again Carton has $$$$$$$ for lawyers so I’d say there won’t be sentencing for awhile while appeals happen.

I’d say he does 18 months

Used to like the guy but he is a real life douche bag.  We all hate Mike Francesa and all but Francesa didn't say one bad thing about him when he got arrested but Carton got on his crap internet show and talked so much crap about Francesa.  Dude is a tool.

21 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Used to like the guy but he is a real life douche bag.  We all hate Mike Francesa and all but Francesa didn't say one bad thing about him when he got arrested but Carton got on his crap internet show and talked so much crap about Francesa.  Dude is a tool.

I think we mock Francesa because of his pomposity.  Carton actually defrauded people (assuming the judgment is accurate). 

But, as others have said, there are plenty of super powerful people (many politicians and rich/connected people) who get away scot-free after causing FAR worse damages.  Is anyone from the Dubya administration in jail for starting a war over fake WMDs?  How about the big wigs on wall street after the financial crisis?  How about Jon Corzine?  The list goes on (and on and on and on).

Archived