Could Todd Bowles secretly be addicted to painkillers?

Nixhead

Hear me out. I’ve read and listened to his ex coaches and players described how he runs things and I’m sure you all have also so I’m not gonna repeat their comments. I’ve listened to some of his current players. I’ve seen for myself how he runs things and I see the results. His poor management style  where he won’t take input and won’t adjust and doesn’t plan for possible changes and he won’t adapt is typical of a pill head. I know because I once was one - clean 4 yrs - wasn’t easy. Anyway I owned a corporation and made lots of poor decisions. That doesn’t mean he is one but it does take one to know one. Bowles was a football player. What do a lot of players and ex players get hooked on? U got it - painkillers. It effects your intelligence after a while. It effects all of your thinking. You think you are doing everything right and u don’t want to hear otherwise - but your results are poor. I can’t believe any coach on his level could make such bad decisions and coach so poorly. Bowles is addicted to painkillers - in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Can’t a guy just be terrible at his job?

Lol. Yeah I guess so but he was smart enough to get that job so he has to have some brains. He just lost all them brains somewhere along the line. Just looking for an excuse for why he is so bad at his job I guess. 

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You’d think someone in remission of a serious substance issue would now have the sense not to throw around accusations like this.

Wow.

Go away. I covered my bases and said it was an opinion. If u don’t agree then that’s your opinion. But it is a possibility and maybe he needs help. 

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Lol. Yeah I guess so but he was smart enough to get that job so he has to have some brains. He just lost all them brains somewhere along the line. Just looking for an excuse for why he is so bad at his job I guess. 

Didn’t say he was an idiot—just that he’s a poster boy for Peter principle 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Opinion based on what exactly?

I said it in my post and gave several reasons. What if he is? You know it is a possibility but it doesn’t mean he’s a bad or horrible person - it’s a disease.  But whatever I’m not gonna get in big arguments over this - but I do know a bit more about this disease than you do apparently.

12 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Go away. I covered my bases and said it was an opinion. If u don’t agree then that’s your opinion. But it is a possibility and maybe he needs help. 

My point stands.

Love to know how this post gets him the help he needs though?

4 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

don't agree with making drug abuse accusations without proof. 

Are u kidding me. This is the NFL. At least 75% of the players take something for pain. Do u really think ex players and coaches are immune to it also. Come on broski. Wake up. 

7 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I said it in my post and gave several reasons. What if he is? You know it is a possibility but it doesn’t mean he’s a bad or horrible person - it’s a disease.  But whatever I’m not gonna get in big arguments over this - but I do know a bit more about this disease than you do apparently.

No.. what you gave in your post was a bunch of crap that doesn’t correlate with being a bad coach lol.

I’m not going to sit here and play who snorted the most pills with you and I’m not going to put my personal life out there either but as someone who is educated in the subject — trying to connect making bad coaching decisions and being a pill head doesn’t work.

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Are u kidding me. This is the NFL. At least 75% of the players take something for pain. Do u really think ex players and coaches are immune to it also. Come on broski. Wake up. 

Thats perfectly fine. But accusing someone of abusing pain killers and taking them for pain are two different things and not even what I'm arguing. Im arguing that I dont agree someone should be accused of abusing a substance without proof. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

No.. what you gave in your post was a bunch of crap that doesn’t correlate with being a bad coach lol.

I’m not going to sit here and play who snorted the most pills with you and I’m not going to put my personal life out there either but as someone who is educated in the subject — trying to connect making bad coaching decisions and being a pill head doesn’t work.

I didn’t mention snorting pills. Is that how u take them? I never did. But it’s a plausible reason for poor performance. You guys don’t agree that’s fine. But if it ever comes out that he was addicted then I was right. But whatever. I enjoyed this argument. I really did. Have a good night bros. 

5 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Thats perfectly fine. But accusing someone of abusing pain killers and taking them for pain are two different things and not even what I'm arguing. Im arguing that I dont agree someone should be accused of abusing a substance without proof. 

You start taking them for pain. Then U can’t stop and they become part of your everyday life. It happens. Apparently a lot in this world. And Todd wouldn’t snort them. That’s for junkies. He’s a respectable adult. He would take them like aspirin. And I never accused him - I said it was an opinion. If that’s accusing then maybe I overstepped. But I still think it’s a possibility. 

32 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I’ve seen for myself how he runs things and I see the results.

Because he’s a bad coach. This has nothing to do with how he runs his live.

33 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

is poor management style  where he won’t take input and won’t adjust and doesn’t plan for possible changes

Because he’s a bad coach — and stubborn like a lot of coaches who try to force things. Are all the other coaches who display this stubbornness pill heads too?

35 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

That doesn’t mean he is one 

There ya’ go. Keep on trucking. You’re in the right direction.

36 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

but it does take one to know one

Jesus H Christ.??‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Bowles was a football player. What do a lot of players and ex players get hooked on? U got it - painkillers.

mind blowing. you play connect 4 like you do this and you’ll be a shoe in for first place at family game night.

39 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

It effects your intelligence after a while.

Or he’s just a bad coach

40 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

It effects all of your thinking.

I could of swore you just said this.

40 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

You think you are doing everything right and u don’t want to hear otherwise - but your results are poor.

Or his stubbornness just makes him a bad coach.

41 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

cant believe any coach on his level could make such bad decisions and coach so poorly.

I think it’s because he’s a bad coach.

42 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Bowles is addicted to painkillers 

Yeah that’s it.

42 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

in my opinion. 

Your entire post tried to supply factual evidence to why Bowles is a pill head but now it is your opinion.

enlightening.

“bUT HErE mE oUT!!!!!”

06FE63AD-6F59-435B-A3D8-5FD586EB7797.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I didn’t mention snorting pills. Is that how u take them? I never did. But it’s a plausible reason for poor performance. You guys don’t agree that’s fine. But if it ever comes out that he was addicted then I was right. But whatever. I enjoyed this argument. I really did. Have a good night bros. 

I never said I took them, period lol. Your assumption game is A1 top notch. I just said I’m not going to play “who’s the best addict” game.  I know plenty of people who do.

You start taking them for pain. Then U can’t stop and they become part of your everyday life. It happens. Apparently a lot in this world. And Todd wouldn’t snort them. That’s for junkies. He’s a respectable adult. He would take them like aspirin. And I never accused him - I said it was an opinion. If that’s accusing then maybe I overstepped. But I still think it’s a possibility. 

Again, my only argument is against the fact that you are basing your “opinion” on no proof. Yes, I am familiar with addiction in multiple, personal ways, which is why, I don’t feel it’s right to say it about someone when there is no proof. Not arguing how addiction grows, what leads to it or anything regarding actual addiction. Only argument I have is that there is NO proof of him having one, so I don’t feel it’s right to say he does or say it’s “possible”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Because he’s a bad coach. This has nothing to do with how he runs his live.

Because he’s a bad coach — and stubborn like a lot of coaches who try to force things. Are all the other coaches who display this stubbornness pill heads too?

There ya’ go. Keep on trucking. You’re in the right direction.

Jesus H Christ.??‍♂️

mind blowing. you play connect 4 like you do this and you’ll be a shoe in for first place at family game night.

Or he’s just a bad coach

I could of swore you just said this.

Or his stubbornness just makes him a bad coach.

I think it’s because he’s a bad coach.

Yeah that’s it.

Your entire post tried to supply factual evidence to why Bowles is a pill head but now it is your opinion.

enlightening.

“bUT HErE mE oUT!!!!!”

06FE63AD-6F59-435B-A3D8-5FD586EB7797.jpeg

Well at the end of my post it does say “ in my opinion” because that’s what it is an opinion and yes I tried to back up my opinion. So in your opinion the Jets brass went out and hired a bad coach. Let’s go hire a bad coach today. But he wasn’t bad that 1st year. He has gotten progressively worse. I guess that’s just his natural progression in life - get worse at coaching. Couldn’t be any other reason than just he’s a bad coach. Well OK then. 

Well at the end of my post it does say “ in my opinion” because that’s what it is an opinion and yes I tried to back up my opinion. So in your opinion the Jets brass went out and hired a bad coach. Let’s go hire a bad coach today. But he wasn’t bad that 1st year. He has gotten progressively worse. I guess that’s just his natural progression in life - get worse at coaching. Couldn’t be any other reason than just he’s a bad coach. Well OK then. 

You are drawing conclusions on his abuse from your opinion, solely. That’s asinine and then to make a thread and share this with others is complete nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Nixhead said:

Or he benefited from an electrifying year from Fitz, Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker in a well operating Chan Gailey spread system. 

Or he benefited from an extremely easy schedule and still couldn’t make the playoffs while still displaying all the bad game management that you are saying is because of pills now.

Perfect example.????

Archived