Should the Jets Sign Le’Veon Bell?

The_Jet_Nation

POLL - Should the Jets Sign Le'Veon Bell?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Jets Sign Le’Veon Bell?

• The Jets SHOULD SIGN Le’Veon Bell
    • The Jets SHOULD NOT SIGN Le’Veon Bell

WHICH NFL TEAM WILL LE’VEON BELL BE ON IN WEEK 1 OF THE 2019 SEASON?

Odds as of December 12 at Bovada

• New York Jets +285
  • Oakland Raiders +450
  • Philadelphia Eagles +650
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers +650
  • Baltimore Ravens +900
  • Indianapolis Colts +900
  • San Francisco 49ers +900
  • Houston Texans +1200
  • Pittsburgh Steelers +1600
  • Miami Dolphins +1600

35 minutes ago, The_Jet_Nation said:
WHICH NFL TEAM WILL LE’VEON BELL BE ON IN WEEK 1 OF THE 2019 SEASON?

Odds as of December 12 at Bovada

• New York Jets +285
  • Oakland Raiders +450
  • Philadelphia Eagles +650
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers +650
  • Baltimore Ravens +900
  • Indianapolis Colts +900
  • San Francisco 49ers +900
  • Houston Texans +1200
  • Pittsburgh Steelers +1600
  • Miami Dolphins +1600

Wow!  Very interesting.  I'd have the odds much better for Indy and Philly...but what do I know. 

No they should not sign Levon Bell. And I’ll tell you why. First, he’s to expensive. 2nd, it won’t make much difference since we are a shell of a team and an all pro rb is not going to make that much of a difference in the long run. 3rd, that amount of money would better be served towards younger players that can protect Sam and grow with Sam. Bell is in his prime yes but the Jets as a team are in the infantile stage. It would be a waste for both sides. Bell is better off going to a contender that is a rb away from the Big Show. 

56 minutes ago, BigO said:

No they should not sign Levon Bell. And I’ll tell you why. First, he’s to expensive. 2nd, it won’t make much difference since we are a shell of a team and an all pro rb is not going to make that much of a difference in the long run. 3rd, that amount of money would better be served towards younger players that can protect Sam and grow with Sam. Bell is in his prime yes but the Jets as a team are in the infantile stage. It would be a waste for both sides. Bell is better off going to a contender that is a rb away from the Big Show. 

I don’t think we are as far off as you think.  Further improvement by Sam, some good fa and draft picks, and better coaching could make all the difference.  Bell is one of the best fa players at a position of need in a year where the fa class doesn’t seem that great.

look at how quickly the Browns and Rams improved with a change in coaching

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Here is another reason...Players that take off a year from football always seem to never be the same.  I know injured players take off a year sometimes, but I have a feeling Bell is at the strip club a lot.

35 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Here is another reason...Players that take off a year from football always seem to never be the same.  I know injured players take off a year sometimes, but I have a feeling Bell is at the strip club a lot.

What is this outrageous statement based on?

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

What is this outrageous statement based on?

No real data, but he seems like the type.  I do know he will be smoking weed so if you do sign him it better have major suspension clauses in it.

Just now, DJF71 said:

No real data, but he seems like the type.

You don’t like him, that’s obvious.   Why not just say that you don’t want him without unwarranted statements.   If he goes to stripper bars that’s his business, and he likely did it when he was an All Pro.  If he does go , it’s legal and imo no different than spending a couple of hours at the movies.   If he hasn’t been training and taking care of himself that will be apparent when he comes for his physical

5 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Yes.  I would normally say pass on a late 20s rb who will probably underperform his contract the last year or two but they have a ton of cash to burn and he would improve the offense for the next 3-4 yrs. And the rest of the free agent class is un- inspiring 

Not really, though. 

The Jets have over $100M in cap space largely because they have fewer than 30 players under contract for 2019. They need (a couple) OL, a (#1?) WR, maybe another TE, a pass rusher (or two), a CB (or two), and probably a veteran backup QB. And then you still need to pay another dozen or so players just to fill out the 53 man roster. 

This is a 4-12 team that needs improvements across the board, and that money will go fast filling those needs. A $15M RB is a luxury they can't afford. Another RB for the committee would be fine there. 

Yes the Jets do need a RB, but Bell is too risky and his contract demands will hurt the Jets in the long run. How many times he will have to restructure his contract to get the Jets below the salary cap to sign free agents in the future? Nobody can guarantee that he will be in football shape? The Jets have other needs more important like an oline, a pass rushing OLB, WRs, to name a few. 

I do believe Bell will use the Jets like QB Kirk Cousins did to get the largest contract and he will go to another team instead of the Jets. 

Depends on the facts.  

Smart contract if he is in shape?  Yes, he provides both a RB and receiving target for Darnold.  It would be a 3 and done deal, unless he proves otherwise. 

If not the above, pass.  

The Jets need draft picks. 

Archived