Dowell Loggains Hired as OC

JetsFanatic

7 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I'm not on the Gase bandwagon, but this is complete nonsense. There's a long list of head coaches who have a hands off approach to their defense and give their DCs free reign, starting with Sean McVay and Wade Phillps in LA. There's a big contingent of whiners here who love to delve into false narratives that have no basis in fact.

Say Darnold doesn’t take the leap in year 2. What would the plan be? Gase was specifically brought here to “develop” him. If he doesn’t take the jump, where does that leave the Jets?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We have two HCs?  Lol work this nonsensical argument.  Gase hired Williams.  Williams works for Gase.  Should have hired a scrub DC who didn't have any HC experience on his resume.  

Should start asking all the documents and gloom whiners who their choice of HC was.  I can punch more holes in their guy

Vince Lombardi :) 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Say Darnold doesn’t take the leap in year 2. What would the plan be? Gase was specifically brought here to “develop” him. If he doesn’t take the jump, where does that leave the Jets?

Same place the Jets were in 2012 w/Mark Sanchez BEFORE the stupid extension.

What's your point? Nit pick much? Eli Manning did JACK SQUAT until his 4th year and ended up winning the SB that year! People's demands for THEIR immediate satisfaction in regards to what the Jets are doing are absurd here. :roll:

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you just refusing to think?  If they were ranked 30th how can you even behind to argue that he improved them?  Gase lost his starting QB in Miami.  A retired Cutler them Osweiler. The numbers are stupid, mean little without context.  It's your out, take it.  Just admit, you used numbers to rip Gase because you don't like him and are ignoring worse numbers for Williams because you like Williams.  Clearly.  

And you’re still only talking about one team and not following. Obviously he didn’t do good in Cleveland but he’s been a DC for a lot more teams and they improved  when he wasn’t there. 

The whole question is did teams improve (offense or defense depending on if it’s Gase/Dowell or Williams) when they took over. I’ll give you an example. 

Rams D - Williams 

2011 before Williams rank 26th

2012 - 2014 with Williams rank 16th, 17th and 13th

Chicago O - Dowell

2015 before Dowell ranked 23rd

2016 - 2017 with Dowell rank 15th and 30th

Miami O - Gase

2015 without Gase ranked 25th

2016 - 2018 with Gase ranked 24th, 25th and 31st. Each year they got worse and yes he dealt with injuries. 

As I said I made my decision on Wether they improved the team or not. 

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Same place the Jets were in 2012 w/Mark Sanchez BEFORE the stupid extension.

What's your point? Nit pick much? Eli Manning did JACK SQUAT until his 4th year and ended up winning the SB that year! People's demands for THEIR immediate satisfaction in regards to what the Jets are doing are absurd here. :roll:

Yeah it’s only been 50 years

16 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The argument for Gase is that he's learned so much.  This news is very relevant to that, as this hire would unfortunately suggest he hasn't learned in the slightest, considering he focused all of his attention for a coordinator position to simply wait around for a known failure, based on a personal relationship.  It already shows a lack of willingness to adapt.

I'm at the point that I'm desperately looking for any reason for optimism with this mess, and still none can be found beyond blind faith.  It sucks.

You and I disagree on this.  Loggains is merely the guy helping Gase install and manage Gase's offense.  Loggains is basically irrelevant.  Hiring him shows nothing of what you claim that  it shows.  Gase was never bringing in someone with another offensive scheme other than his own.  To expect otherwise was just unrealistic.    All of youo guys are blowing this hiring way out of proportiuon and adding your own narrative's to it...  "hasn't learned in the slightest...." etc.   Nonsense.

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Let's say they are wildly successful? Then what would the plan be?

These hypotheticals are ridiculous.

18 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

The greatest endorsement provided for him is that he is completely useless and will contribute absolutely nothing of value. You don't see the problem with that?

that's not true I love that song danger zone....wrong guy?  so the above statement may be correct

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Let's say they are wildly successful? Then what would the plan be?

These hypotheticals are ridiculous.

I don’t think these are hypotheticals. The likelihood of Darnold compensating for a GM with a poor drafting record along with a failed coaching staff isn’t high. 

The Jets either needed a President of Football operations or a CEO type head coach. Instead they’re trying the same exact thing and trying to sell it as something different. We literally have the entire Dolphins offensive coaching staff. What is the plan? Who is in charge?

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think these are hypotheticals. The likelihood of Darnold compensating for a GM with a poor drafting record along with a failed coaching staff isn’t high. 

The Jets either needed a President of Football operations or a CEO type head coach. Instead they’re trying the same exact thing and trying to sell it as something different. We literally have the entire Dolphins offensive coaching staff. What is the plan? Who is in charge?

Your opinion has been registered.

Yet, here we are. Really, the bitching over we have or who we don't have to lead the team gets tiring. Same arguments over and over. The leadership (or lack thereof) is in place and we don't have much that can be really done.

Now they get the chance to build the team in their image, and manage that. Then the results come over.

All the bitching and complaining in the world is not going to change what is here.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Your opinion has been registered.

Yet, here we are. Really, the bitching over we have or who we don't have to lead the team gets tiring. Same arguments over and over. The leadership (or lack thereof) is in place and we don't have much that can be really done.

Now they get the chance to build the team in their image, and manage that. Then the results come over.

All the bitching and complaining in the world is not going to change what is here.

Once the new york jets upper echelon shows they have even a remote clue the bitching and suspicion of every move will remain, as it should.

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

So do the ten other teams he has played for and had a smattering of intermittent success.

I guess we need to pull the Fitzpatrick cycle of life meme out of mothballs again

No offense, but Ryan sh*tzpattrick will go down as nothing more than a "journeyman" quarterback who signed contracts that paid well above what his production deserved.  After four insignificant years in the league, "sh*tzy the Gypzy" landed in Buffalo where he parlayed one {losing} mediocre season into a mindless high paying contract which was rewarded with three consecutive losing seasons.  After floating around the league for a couple of seasons, undistinguished time spent with Tennessee and Houston, he landed with the Jets  With the Jets he admittedly had a career year and parlayed that into another "Bonanza", holding the Jets hostage for an over market contract. Now with Tampa, this year he had a couple of high yardage games {in losing efforts}, early in the season, facilitating  the "mirage" that he could somehow hold on to the starting job.  Alas his production came crashing back to earth, leading to Jameis Winston's reinsertion into the starting lineup.  In his 10 years as the primary starter for various teams that one 10-6 year with the Jets was his only winning season

30 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

No offense, but Ryan sh*tzpattrick will go down as nothing more than a "journeyman" quarterback who signed contracts that paid well above what his production deserved.  After four insignificant years in the league, "sh*tzy the Gypzy" landed in Buffalo where he parlayed one {losing} mediocre season into a mindless high paying contract which was rewarded with three consecutive losing seasons.  After floating around the league for a couple of seasons, undistinguished time spent with Tennessee and Houston, he landed with the Jets  With the Jets he admittedly had a career year and parlayed that into another "Bonanza", holding the Jets hostage for an over market contract. Now with Tampa, this year he had a couple of high yardage games {in losing efforts}, early in the season, facilitating  the "mirage" that he could somehow hold on to the starting job.  Alas his production came crashing back to earth, leading to Jameis Winston's reinsertion into the starting lineup.  In his 10 years as the primary starter for various teams that one 10-6 year with the Jets was his only winning season

Not sure who you think you were offending-I was supporting your case with my post.  Either you didnt understand, or you were responding to my post and referring to the original Bitonti post.

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Not sure who you think you were offending-I was supporting your case with my post.  Either you didnt understand, or you were responding to my post and referring to the original Bitonti post.

Sometimes people get offended just by being  "quoted".  Didn't want that to happen here.  I was just using your post to respond to the  "notion" that Todd Monken and any of the other 10 teams regarded Fitzpatrick as more than just what he was.

15 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Screens have their place in an offense if you can block.  The 2018 Jets couldn't block and didn't  block.  It also helps if you throw the ball downfield, at least once in a while.  Let's hope that changes.

This is why I don't think the Schottenhiemer Pennington Jets could run screens.  Screens are a way to keep an opponent's pass rush off balance.  They are not effective if you can't pass deep and are just using them as an alternative to running.  Those Enunwa screens were well drawn and with some serious effort were way more successful than I'd have expected.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

You and I disagree on this.  Loggains is merely the guy helping Gase install and manage Gase's offense.  Loggains is basically irrelevant.  Hiring him shows nothing of what you claim that  it shows.  Gase was never bringing in someone with another offensive scheme other than his own.  To expect otherwise was just unrealistic.    All of youo guys are blowing this hiring way out of proportiuon and adding your own narrative's to it...  "hasn't learned in the slightest...." etc.   Nonsense.

So you're saying he essentially wants absolutely no other input, which shows an unwillingness to change.  My point exactly.

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sometimes people get offended just by being  "quoted".  Didn't want that to happen here.  I was just using your post to respond to the  "notion" that Todd Monken and any of the other 10 teams regarded Fitzpatrick as more than just what he was.

Thanks for being so sensitive but if you quote me I wouldn't cry either.   

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

No! No! No!  Not @The Crusher you silly ****.  The one everybody else likes and I hate.

medium_parcells.jpgbill-parcells.jpg

I hate him too!!!  Such a turd.  Used this franchise like his filthy mistress while directly creating the Patriots dynasty.

That said, I was not aware he was hired by Parcells.  That was what the 2006 time frame?  Wasnt Loggains still in school? 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Say we made this statement about any and every person we could have hired.  How different would it be?  I could say this about anyone.  

This is really getting ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Say we made this statement about any and every person we could have hired.  How different would it be?  I could say this about anyone.  

This is really getting ridiculous. 

We didn’t hire anyone to be in charge. That’s the problem.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

And you’re still only talking about one team and not following. Obviously he didn’t do good in Cleveland but he’s been a DC for a lot more teams and they improved  when he wasn’t there. 

The whole question is did teams improve (offense or defense depending on if it’s Gase/Dowell or Williams) when they took over. I’ll give you an example. 

Rams D - Williams 

2011 before Williams rank 26th

2012 - 2014 with Williams rank 16th, 17th and 13th

Chicago O - Dowell

2015 before Dowell ranked 23rd

2016 - 2017 with Dowell rank 15th and 30th

Miami O - Gase

2015 without Gase ranked 25th

2016 - 2018 with Gase ranked 24th, 25th and 31st. Each year they got worse and yes he dealt with injuries. 

As I said I made my decision on Wether they improved the team or not. 

You're just going to keep going.

Ignore cleveland for Williams. Bring up the Rams.

ignore the job Gase did in Denver and Chicago.  But bring up his years with miami and the QB issues.  

The best Dowell in chicago whenCutler was injured.

And all in all, he numbers, as I said weremsimilar.  But your thick argument is Gase sucks and Williams is great. 

You can say all you want it's about improvement.  Makes no difference, the numbers are similar and numbers falling the year you lose a QB is different to anyone who has actually watched football, not just a stat sheet

now, who did you want as HC?  The can't miss perfect candidate who was a slam dunk the morons skipped over? 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We didn’t hire anyone to be in charge. That’s the problem.

The problem is when someone who has no idea what they're talking about makes up ridiculous nonsense like this and thinks typing it makes it true.  

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The problem is when someone who has no idea what they're talking about makes up ridiculous nonsense like this and thinks typing it makes it true.  

If you could explain the Jets current org chart to me go ahead. Since you know what you’re talking about.

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're just going to keep going.

Ignore cleveland for Williams. Bring up the Rams.

ignore the job Gase did in Denver and Chicago.  But bring up his years with miami and the QB issues.  

The best Dowell in chicago whenCutler was injured.

And all in all, he numbers, as I said weremsimilar.  But your thick argument is Gase sucks and Williams is great. 

You can say all you want it's about improvement.  Makes no difference, the numbers are similar and numbers falling the year you lose a QB is different to anyone who has actually watched football, not just a stat sheet

now, who did you want as HC?  The can't miss perfect candidate who was a slam dunk the morons skipped over? 

I never once said Williams was great. I said it was a good hire especially compared to Dobad and he was a better coordinator. There’s no such thing as a prefect candidate but I wouldn’t of picked one that was fired from a rival team because he sucked and had issues with players. 

Archived