They just called me trying to sell me season tix

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

When the Jets become elite, like we were going into the 2010 and 2011 seasons, Jets fans show up.  But when we are mediocre, they don't show up.  So those who take shots at Jets fans for the past 8 years from the comfort of their couches need to look in the mirror.  They're the problem.  Oh, and now that we have Sam Darnold and, oh, perhaps we'll go 8-8, a year from now you'll have people getting season tickets and acting like everything's fine, "I've been going to Jets games since 1980 in Shea Stadium".  Yeah, no.

SAR I

You know what’s bullsh*t? The fact this team hasn’t made the playoffs since 2010. The fact this team hasn’t sniffed a super bowl in over 50 years.   I’m honestly worried I will never witness a super bowl with this team. The fans are not the problem. The Johnsons have  absolutely no idea what they’re doing. I’m not going to invest my money in 3-5 win seasons. 

You and I go to the same amount of game. In fact, I probably go to more than you do. I do recall you statinf you sell your tickets if needed. Does this make me a better fan than you? No. But the product on the field is HORRIBLE. I never had interest in seeing Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Josh McCown sling the football. 

Darnold, by himself, is making me consider investing. Get more talent on both sides and I’ll gladly overpay for my tickets. As of now, I’ll simply handpick the games I want to based on weather, price, injuries, etc. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/7/2019 at 4:13 PM, joewilly12 said:

@Rhg1084

Being a season ticket holder is great you make memories with family and friends, I did it for 20+ years. 

If you can afford it go for it and join the other diehard most resilient fans in the NFL on game day. 

I always said a bad day at the stadium losing is still a good day to be alive and at a NY Jets game. 

good luck whatever decision you make, do what you feel is best not what others say. 

Post of this thread. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2019 at 12:56 PM, joewilly12 said:

SAR I is this you? You forgot to bash blue collar workers, military,police,fire and rescue personnel and tailgating. 

SAR is the Marie Antoinette of Jet Nation.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:25 PM, SAR I said:

You don't go to Jets games so you don't have any say.

I have never sold a seat to an opposing fan.  I list my quality location for sale on Stubhub below face value so that Jets fans can buy them and support the team on Sunday's when I have a work or family conflict.  If a Viking fan bought my seats instead of you in Sam Darnold's rookie year after beating Denver and Indianapolis in consecutive weeks on a beautiful October day that is most definitely on you and the other 20 million people in the NY Metro area and not on me.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Within what radius of Air Conditioner Unit Stadium does one need to live before not physically going to the games constitutes a waiver of his right to have an opinion?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Some people here are telling you to buy on a game by game deal.  There are many seasons where that isn’t a bad deal.  This year I’m not so sure.  

Patriots - will definitely cost a lot of money

Dolphins - that game will cost a decent amount

Bills - will sell for peanuts 

Raiders - will be decent prices not too crazy 

Browns - will be decent prices not too crazy

Giants - will cost a fortune

Steelers - will cost a fortune 

Cowboys - will cost a fortune 

basically besides the Bills game unless the weather is awful you won’t be getting $6 tickets to any regular season games.  

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

I bash tailgating.  The 80's are over.  Drinking and smoking and listening to bad hair rock isn't cool anymore, especially if you're pushing 60.

Not gonna lie that sounds like a freakin awesome time! We should definitely have a throwback tailgate theme this season @Maxman

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Investment oppurtunity . I have a bridge that I'd like to sell you . HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!! 

A bridge?  I don’t think you have a 1998 Hyundai to sell me.  You don’t have to worry about how rich people spend their fun money, friend.

Not all PSL’s are equal. I’ll never sell them, but Row 1 Mezz A Corners will be worth more than what their owners paid for them if/when the Jets become an elite AFC team again.  There are hundreds of thousands of Jets fans in the area who would love to regularly attend games with their families to see a winning product, just like we all did back when every PSL seat was sold out in 2009, 2010, and 2011. 

SAR I

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

A bridge?  I don’t think you have a 1998 Hyundai to sell me.  You don’t have to worry about how rich people spend their fun money, friend.

Not all PSL’s are equal. I’ll never sell them, but Row 1 Mezz A Corners will be worth more than what their owners paid for them if/when the Jets become an elite AFC team again.  There are hundreds of thousands of Jets fans in the area who would love to regularly attend games with their families to see a winning product, just like we all did back when every PSL seat was sold out in 2009, 2010, and 2011. 

SAR I

Image result for laughing images gifs

Buying a PSL is a personal choice. Passed on that opportunity for my season seats. Call me old school but the idea of paying the Jets X thousands of dollars for the privilege to pay them another X thousands for the tickets just didn’t sit well with me. My choice it was more a principal for me than the money. Still rooting for them just from afar rather than up close.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I hesitate to do this. I get that most of what you say is just to piss people off and get reactions/replies, but ya gotta stop with this BS (yeah, I know you won't)

There was a season ticket wait list in the 90s. I know because I waited for 4 years. There is none now. You can get whatever you want...or can afford.

1/2 the stadium is non-PSL.

The Jets call me (and I'm sure others here) every year to buy season tickets...after they have already put single game tickets on sale (thru Ticketmaster - see below) and before they offer the 3 game packages. No PSLs. 

But wait - the Jets sell tickets to Ticketmaster (probably to circumvent NFL blackouts) who in turn add promotions (ex. on field experience) and try to re-sell them for a premium over face. Be patient, the same seats will be available for face or less on gameday...maybe without the bonus experience.

You can't give away pre-season games yet pay full regular season price for them. If the Jets are out of it in December (as they are the majority of the time), you're almost guaranteed to lose money on the secondary market. Check Stubhub and NFL Ticketexchange to verify.

Ok - so maybe you can sell your tickets to the Giants and Cowboys games for a profit (if you can't or don't want to.go) this year because of their fanbases in the area. Maybe even the Steelers game if they are still in contention in December. 

Jets season tickets (especially with a PSL) will never be a profitable "investment". If you feel you are getting maximum enjoyment and entertainment for what you chose to spend....good for you. Enjoy it.

Something's value (ex. Jets tickets) only appreciates if a) the buyers' market perceives the value to be more than your cost (or asking price) and/ or b) demand exceeds supply. I haven't seen either happen in 25 years for Jets tickets (I didn't pay attention to ticket prices before then). Maybe a game here and there, but that's it.

Enjoy the season! I know I will from wherever I choose to watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Three separate sales reps from the Jets have called in the past two weeks trying to sell season tix including one offer to apply the PSL payments I stupidly made (and walked away from) for 6 years to "upgraded" seats

It is just business but it is starting to get slightly annoying 

Wait so you aren't in jail for walking away from the PSL's? 

17 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I hesitate to do this. I get that most of what you say is just to piss people off and get reactions/replies, but ya gotta stop with this BS (yeah, I know you won't) 

I don't post anything to piss anyone off.  I post my honest feelings on the matter.  I find that there are too many Jets fans without PSL's who project what they assume to be my feelings onto me when, in fact, I'm not feeling that way at all.

There was a season ticket wait list in the 90s. I know because I waited for 4 years. There is none now. You can get whatever you want...or can afford.

I was on the season ticket waiting list from 1988 to 2002, that's 14 years.  Of course there is no waiting list now, that's not up for debate.  The reason?  All the waitlisters got the seats that the awful Giants Stadium squatters were occupying.  You know, the 'fans' who would sell their fathers seats to ticket brokers instead of giving them up.  Easy money.  Like families of 20 who wait on line at iPhone launches to ship them off to China and Mexico.  Make a few grand for nothing.  They all left when PSL's forced them out.

When the PSL's were completely sold out in 2009, there were 27,000 upper deck seats that were non-PSL and 55,500 that had PSL's.  I don't know what that number looks like today, but I don't see your point.  All bets were off when the Jets started to suck hard from 2012 to 2018.  That 7 year stretch saw the Jets lower ticket prices, eliminate some PSL's, and start making value bundles.  Anything to sell tickets.  Can't say I blame them.  The goal has always been to fill the stadium with Jets fans.  They did a good job as we are #2 in attendance in the entire NFL despite being an awful team.  I'd rather sit next to fans who didn't pay a PSL and got their seats for half price and sit in an empty stadium.

Jets season tickets (especially with a PSL) will never be a profitable "investment". If you feel you are getting maximum enjoyment and entertainment for what you chose to spend....good for you. Enjoy it.

I didn't buy my PSL's as some form of "investment".  The $16K is less than I spend on a single annual vacation to the Caribbean with my family and we've taken 10 since MetLife opened.  Do you remember what you spent $16K on more than a decade ago?  Who cares anymore?  Answer-  no one except some disgruntled ex-Giants Stadium fans who lost their easy money gravy train of making $4K a year from ticket brokers.  F-them.  They're the ones who put me on the waiting list for 14 years.  Shoe on the other foot now.

Something's value (ex. Jets tickets) only appreciates if a) the buyers' market perceives the value to be more than your cost (or asking price) and/ or b) demand exceeds supply. I haven't seen either happen in 25 years for Jets tickets (I didn't pay attention to ticket prices before then). Maybe a game here and there, but that's it.

Not a single fan in my Mezz A Corner section has given up their PSL seats.  We are in the best section in the whole stadium from a standpoint of view, proximity to sidelines, postgame egress, and value.  We are priced like endzone seats and we're 12" from the Club seats.  And the same elements that drew us to choose the Mezz A Corners in 2008 exist right now.  I'm not selling them, but I could turn a profit on my Row 1 PSL's tomorrow if I wanted to.  Because in a Metro area of 20 million people there most certainly is a wealthy Jets fan and his family looking for First Row Non-Club seats with some elevation and they aren't any for sale.

SAR I

16 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Me, last time they called me and asked me to buy season tickets:

giphy.gif

Me the last time they called me asking if I was happy with my Row 1 PSL's and if I would enjoy 6 complimentary VIP family passes to the Jets upcoming training camp.

SAR I

16 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Three separate sales reps from the Jets have called in the past two weeks trying to sell season tix including one offer to apply the PSL payments I stupidly made (and walked away from) for 6 years to "upgraded" seats

It is just business but it is starting to get slightly annoying 

With Sam Darnold, Le'Veon Bell, CJ Mosely, Jamal Adams, Adam Gase, Gregg Williams, and Joe Douglas in the fold, how could you say no?

If you signed up for PSL's for Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Bart Scott at the peak of the Patriots dynasty, why wouldn't you get back onboard right now when B&B are set to expire and things are looking extremely bright for the NYJ?

SAR I

15 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Sent one mildly threatening letter then nothing

Still feel stupid for doing this in the first place

19 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

The Jets call me (and I'm sure others here) every year to buy season tickets...after they have already put single game tickets on sale (thru Ticketmaster - see below) and before they offer the 3 game packages. No PSLs. 

But wait - the Jets sell tickets to Ticketmaster (probably to circumvent NFL blackouts) who in turn add promotions (ex. on field experience) and try to re-sell them for a premium over face. Be patient, the same seats will be available for face or less on gameday...maybe without the bonus experience.

You can't give away pre-season games yet pay full regular season price for them. If the Jets are out of it in December (as they are the majority of the time), you're almost guaranteed to lose money on the secondary market. Check Stubhub and NFL Ticketexchange to verify.

Ok - so maybe you can sell your tickets to the Giants and Cowboys games for a profit (if you can't or don't want to.go) this year because of their fanbases in the area. Maybe even the Steelers game if they are still in contention in December. 

Enjoy the season! I know I will from wherever I choose to watch.

I agree with both of you and I am a PSL holder.  I don't post much but I read most of the nonsense this SAR guy say's and it is complete BS.  The only thing he says that is true is that it is his money and he should do what he wants with it and nobody should care.  But I can tell you just about every week I have friends who attend games and buy off stub hub or some other re-sale site and they pay less then I do, sit in better sections and they obviously don't have any PSL fee.  Also late in the season last year I had surgery and couldn't attend the games.  Forget selling them at face value.  I could barely get .50 on the dollar so I tried giving them away.  Couldn't even do that.  While I hope Sam and the Jets turn things around this year and in the future years there is no way my PSL fee's were worth it.  Easily one of the stupidest things I have ever bought in my life and I have bought some pretty dumb things.  Just an honest opinion from a PSL holder.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

I agree with both of you and I am a PSL holder.  I don't post much but I read most of the nonsense this SAR guy say's and it is complete BS.  The only thing he says that is true is that it is his money and he should do what he wants with it and nobody should care.  But I can tell you just about every week I have friends who attend games and buy off stub hub or some other re-sale site and they pay less then I do, sit in better sections and they obviously don't have any PSL fee.  Also late in the season last year I had surgery and couldn't attend the games.  Forget selling them at face value.  I could barely get .50 on the dollar so I tried giving them away.  Couldn't even do that.  While I hope Sam and the Jets turn things around this year and in the future years there is no way my PSL fee's were worth it.  Easily one of the stupidest things I have ever bought in my life and I have bought some pretty dumb things.  Just an honest opinion from a PSL holder.

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts as a PSL holder.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't post anything to piss anyone off.  I post my honest feelings on the matter.  I find that there are too many Jets fans without PSL's who project what they assume to be my feelings onto me when, in fact, I'm not feeling that way at all.

I was on the season ticket waiting list from 1988 to 2002, that's 14 years.  Of course there is no waiting list now, that's not up for debate.  The reason?  All the waitlisters got the seats that the awful Giants Stadium squatters were occupying.  You know, the 'fans' who would sell their fathers seats to ticket brokers instead of giving them up.  Easy money.  Like families of 20 who wait on line at iPhone launches to ship them off to China and Mexico.  Make a few grand for nothing.  They all left when PSL's forced them out.

When the PSL's were completely sold out in 2009, there were 27,000 upper deck seats that were non-PSL and 55,500 that had PSL's.  I don't know what that number looks like today, but I don't see your point.  All bets were off when the Jets started to suck hard from 2012 to 2018.  That 7 year stretch saw the Jets lower ticket prices, eliminate some PSL's, and start making value bundles.  Anything to sell tickets.  Can't say I blame them.  The goal has always been to fill the stadium with Jets fans.  They did a good job as we are #2 in attendance in the entire NFL despite being an awful team.  I'd rather sit next to fans who didn't pay a PSL and got their seats for half price and sit in an empty stadium.

I didn't buy my PSL's as some form of "investment".  The $16K is less than I spend on a single annual vacation to the Caribbean with my family and we've taken 10 since MetLife opened.  Do you remember what you spent $16K on more than a decade ago?  Who cares anymore?  Answer-  no one except some disgruntled ex-Giants Stadium fans who lost their easy money gravy train of making $4K a year from ticket brokers.  F-them.  They're the ones who put me on the waiting list for 14 years.  Shoe on the other foot now.

Not a single fan in my Mezz A Corner section has given up their PSL seats.  We are in the best section in the whole stadium from a standpoint of view, proximity to sidelines, postgame egress, and value.  We are priced like endzone seats and we're 12" from the Club seats.  And the same elements that drew us to choose the Mezz A Corners in 2008 exist right now.  I'm not selling them, but I could turn a profit on my Row 1 PSL's tomorrow if I wanted to.  Because in a Metro area of 20 million people there most certainly is a wealthy Jets fan and his family looking for First Row Non-Club seats with some elevation and they aren't any for sale.

SAR I

We can go on for hours/posts on the multiple points. I don't want to hog up (more) thread space on the subject. It's been beaten to death and is senseless. Like I said, I hesitated commenting because I didn't want to give it more fuel. But after getting my 4th call in a week from the Jets asking me to call them to buy tickets,  I had to speak my mind after your umpteenth thousand post about tickets and PSLs. I appreciate your civilized and thoughtful response . We'll agree to disagree on a few points and leave it at that.  I'm not blowing you off by not counter-pointing. Just been too much on the subject already and I'm sure most people are sick of seeing it discussed. Everyone can form (or has formed) their own opinions on the subject.

You're happy with what you got, great. Enjoy them.

I know I can get tickets whenever I want, wherever I want and I'm good with that. For the record, I prefer the 200s end zone mezz because you're close enough to hear things and read #s, but still get a coach's "all 22" view. To each his own.

Enjoy your seats and enjoy the season!

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

giphy.gif

Me the last time they called me asking if I was happy with my Row 1 PSL's and if I would enjoy 6 complimentary VIP family passes to the Jets upcoming training camp.

SAR I

I guess they are right, there is a sucker born every minute....

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, sec143dmf said:

I don't think you actually read my posts and instead are just looking for someone to rant about your poor PSL experience at.

I agree with everything you said about resale values.

Where we differ is that a) I had Day 1 seniority and chose Row 1 seats in the best non-Club location in the stadium, and b) as a result of that my PSL's would sell for more than what I paid for them when the Jets turn it around.  Not everyone is smart.  Not everyone chose their PSL locations correctly.  I did.  So when people try to take shots, well, it's not going to work in my case.

Every other post of mine in this thread has to do with the situation today here in 2019 and how cheap Jets fans are.  Hey, if someone can't afford PSL's or a full season subscription, I get that, I was in my 20's once.  But don't tell me you can't go to a 1-2 games a year when you can sit pretty much anywhere you want for $25 a game.  That's chump-change and it's embarrassing that there were 10,000 Vikings fans in our stadium last year when that many Jets fans could have filled those seats for beer money.

SAR I

12 hours ago, Lizard King said:

If you could go back and track what stub hub a day before vs face value has been since the start of that particular era, you’d probably save 60-70% by waiting, no exaggeration 

And if you didn't smoke a pack of cigarettes a day for the last 20 years you would be $109,500 richer.

And if you didn't have a dog for the last 20 years, you would be $32,902 richer.

People do irrational things with their money.  We all have our vices.

SAR I