It's Been a Good Day But...

DMan77

Boy when you look at the roster there's still a lot to do... Especially just in terms of depth... I really do expect to see a slew of signings soon. Maybe this is it for flashy ones, but the Jets need to start thinking about filling out the roster soon here... 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

Boy when you look at the roster there's still a lot to do... Especially just in terms of depth... I really do expect to see a slew of signings soon. Maybe this is it for flashy ones, but the Jets need to start thinking about filling out the roster soon here... 

Its very odd. There weren't many signings today as I thought there would be. From most teams. I know the Jets are starting to get visits.

7 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Eh chill out man. This team got a lot better in a matter of a few days. Depth signings are coming. We still have the draft and make a few more fa snags. We aren’t Gona build Rome in a day 

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Eh chill out man. This team got a lot better in a matter of a few days. Depth signings are coming. We still have the draft and make a few more fa snags. We aren’t Gona build Rome in a day 

I'm cool! Just thought we'd be busier sooner!

I think everyone is exhaling and digesting the mad rush of the past few days...even the GMs. I think there are lots of conversations happening but it’s no longer about speed and “missing out” but about getting it right. I’m sure the Jets are keenly aware of their remaining holes but there doesn’t seem to be a sense of panic around either Edge, Center or CB. 

I know everyone here is right... Things will start to filter in as the days go on here.

This just happens to be every year though. I get addicted to FA and draft news for every sport... Not just for the Jets but just in general.

I'm itching for more signings!

image.jpeg.a0ad9df140b4e1ead8cb36e7cf83ee59.jpeg

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think everyone is exhaling and digesting the mad rush of the past few days...even the GMs. I think there are lots of conversations happening but it’s no longer about speed and “missing out” but about getting it right. I’m sure the Jets are keenly aware of their remaining holes but there doesn’t seem to be a sense of panic around either Edge, Center or CB. 

Except here on JN, thank? goodness.

15 hours ago, DMan77 said:

True but that is most teams currently... The Jets have 59 players under contract... about league avg right now.

The draft will fill one spot, likely pass rusher.  Third round (and later) picks should not be relied upon to fill immediate needs.  I was going crazy two years ago when Mac thought it was fine to go into battle with Wesley Johnson as our starting center.  If he does the same with Harrison the season will be a disaster.

Hopefully there is a plan in place to address that.

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

The draft will fill one spot, likely pass rusher.  Third round (and later) picks should not be relied upon to fill immediate needs.  I was going crazy two years ago when Mac thought it was fine to go into battle with Wesley Johnson as our starting center.  If he does the same with Harrison the season will be a disaster.

Hopefully there is a plan in place to address that.

Think Harrison showed he is head and shoulders better than Johnson, or Long for that matter, but your point is well taken.

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

What about fifty years almost do the day?

Archived