JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Kudos to @choon328 for a couple of savy O picks for the lions. Weber is fantastic compliment to K. Johnson, and Doss is preposterous value in the 5th.  I know some will push him down for being an FCS receiver, but he's to me, Reggie Wayne 2.0.. He will be a great Z next to Galladay at X. 

• Upvote 1

Seattle Seahawks completed Mock for 2019 by @Sarge4Tide:

21 1 21 800 Seattle Seahawks Sarge4Tide DK Metcalf Mississippi WRF
84 3 20 170 Seattle Seahawks Sarge4Tide Amani Hooker Iowa S
124 4 22 48 Seattle Seahawks Sarge4Tide Phil Haynes Wake Forest G
159 5 21 27.4 Seattle Seahawks Sarge4Tide Dontavius Russell Auburn DL
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Seattle Seahawks completed Mock for 2019 by @Sarge4Tide:

Getting Hooker in the 3rd was my best move, I think.  Haynes is a player who can play G/T.  Russell is a plugger with some potential.  Overall happy.  Didn't get my edge rusher, but got good value for what little I had to work with

• Upvote 2

I know the guys I want, but I keep taking them too early.  I really wanted David Long out of Michigan.  I would love to trade down in the 6th and pick up a 7th if anyone is interested - prefer not to drop more than about 10 slots, but whatever. 

@Mavericknyc1980 we aren't supposed to chat in the selection thread, but I am sure that I will not score well.  I do tend to select athletes and those guys will generally be drafted earlier than the high production, slugs that can't jump.  This was the least prepared I've ever been, but I do actually like the guys I picked.  Especially in this mock, I know that I could have waited on a bunch. 

Funny thing is, I looked at the rankings done by  @Tony The Wiz and I am right on the money or maybe a bit late.  He seems to give a bunch of high grades, though, so maybe everybody grades well by him.  By his grades I did pretty well.  He has Lindstrom mid-1st, Boykin 1st round grade going in the 2nd, Banogu 2nd round,   on Okekere he had a "solid 4th round grade".  He had Ballentine with a 4th/5th and he likes my next pick too, and that is a guy that I have no doubt will be sitting there at 191.  He must rate athleticism more than I realized to have my guys that high.

Been sitting here since Round 3.  No picks until R 6, after I traded up a couple of times.  Watching guys go off the board and not stressing it because I know I have so much time.  Earlier today, I started to think about some R6 targets.  Thought about Dontavious Russell, haveing seen UGA play Auburn a number of times the last few years.  Then I thought about Corey Ballantine, rememering that he looked pretty good at some of the Sr Bowl practices.  Figured I would dig into them a bit more before I pick.  Then I log back in and see them both gone thanks to @#27TheDominator and @Sarge4Tide with back to back picks. 

Thanks guys.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Lith said:

Been sitting here since Round 3.  No picks until R 6, after I traded up a couple of times.  Watching guys go off the board and not stressing it because I know I have so much time.  Earlier today, I started to think about some R6 targets.  Thought about Dontavious Russell, haveing seen UGA play Auburn a number of times the last few years.  Then I thought about Corey Ballantine, rememering that he looked pretty good at some of the Sr Bowl practices.  Figured I would dig into them a bit more before I pick.  Then I log back in and see them both gone thanks to @#27TheDominator and @Sarge4Tide with back to back picks. 

Thanks guys.

Don't mention it.  Surprised I didn't take your 6th round targets in the 3rd. ;) 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks guys.

same for me.  Carolina moved up from 5 to 4 and wound up with 1,2,3,3,4,4,6.  the 4ths were early and middle.  It's a long long wait till my final pick in the mid 6th.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I know the guys I want, but I keep taking them too early.  I really wanted David Long out of Michigan.  I would love to trade down in the 6th and pick up a 7th if anyone is interested - prefer not to drop more than about 10 slots, but whatever. 

@Mavericknyc1980 we aren't supposed to chat in the selection thread, but I am sure that I will not score well.  I do tend to select athletes and those guys will generally be drafted earlier than the high production, slugs that can't jump.  This was the least prepared I've ever been, but I do actually like the guys I picked.  Especially in this mock, I know that I could have waited on a bunch. 

Funny thing is, I looked at the rankings done by  @Tony The Wiz and I am right on the money or maybe a bit late.  He seems to give a bunch of high grades, though, so maybe everybody grades well by him.  By his grades I did pretty well.  He has Lindstrom mid-1st, Boykin 1st round grade going in the 2nd, Banogu 2nd round,   on Okekere he had a "solid 4th round grade".  He had Ballentine with a 4th/5th and he likes my next pick too, and that is a guy that I have no doubt will be sitting there at 191.  He must rate athleticism more than I realized to have my guys that high.

WHere can I see @Tony The Wiz Rankings

We are over 160 picks in; and your draft moderators are beginning to suffer from draft fatigue.  We are now at the point in the draft where any missed picks will automatically get the highest ranked available player as per the draft spreadsheet.  

Looks like @JetFanatic has about an hour left on the clock.  If he misses his pick, next guy up is RB Trayveon Williams.  If he misses his pick, I am going to take some pity on JF -- he has only had two picks for the Bears and one was an RB.  Will go to the next guy on the list.  A missed pick will be Notre Dame LB Te'Von Coley.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

We are over 160 picks in; and your draft moderators are beginning to suffer from draft fatigue.  We are now at the point in the draft where any missed picks will automatically get the highest ranked available player as per the draft spreadsheet.  

Looks like @JetFanatic has about an hour left on the clock.  If he misses his pick, next guy up is RB Trayveon Williams.  If he misses his pick, I am going to take some pity on JF -- he has only had two picks for the Bears and one was an RB.  Will go to the next guy on the list.  A missed pick will be Notre Dame LB Te'Von Coley.

Good.  I don't want either.  Ranked too high

sorry, head full of freezing from the dentist, foggy. I posted in the selections thread--

@Curse of Namath nice pick with Alize, he was next man up for me and the browns.

@#27TheDominator  

Love me some Ballentine. I'm guilty of nerding out and requesting tape from 2 Div-II schools this year, Corey would be one of them. I love his physical style of play. Teams threw away from too much this senior year, so there wasn't a ton to see... Josh the small school guru on twitter was talking to me though, he found numerous instances of Corey getting burned deep, which isn't good, but i'm hoping that's a positional/technique error. 

Anyway. That's about 100 words more than anyone cares to hear about a 5th rounder from div2

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

sorry, head full of freezing from the dentist, foggy. I posted in the selections thread--

@Curse of Namath nice pick with Alize, he was next man up for me and the browns.

@#27TheDominator  

Love me some Ballentine. I'm guilty of nerding out and requesting tape from 2 Div-II schools this year, Corey would be one of them. I love his physical style of play. Teams threw away from too much this senior year, so there wasn't a ton to see... Josh the small school guru on twitter was talking to me though, he found numerous instances of Corey getting burned deep, which isn't good, but i'm hoping that's a positional/technique error. 

Anyway. That's about 100 words more than anyone cares to hear about a 5th rounder from div2

No worries...still rambling from the Novocaine buzz.?

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

@#27TheDominator  

I'm happy to hear it.  This year, it is just nice to know that somebody else has heard of the guys I am picking.  

52 minutes ago, Paradis said:

@#27TheDominator  

I was torn between Jennings and Alize, I chose the player that I think is a slightly safer pick.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm happy to hear it.  This year, it is just nice to know that somebody else has heard of the guys I am picking.  

Unfortunately for my wife and kids, I’m pretty reliable in that department. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Did a lot of digging on Gaillard, philosophy to have next wave of OL on roster when current starters price out. This kid sounds like a season or two of adding strength/bulk and coaching will help him. Reads like a future starter... what day you guys? I mean, I never heard of him an hour ago.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Did a lot of digging on Gaillard, philosophy to have next wave of OL on roster when current starters price out. This kid sounds like a season or two of adding strength/bulk and coaching will help him. Reads like a future starter... what day you guys? I mean, I never heard of him an hour ago.

Late 5 , he is a good pick.  3-year starter: 2 at C and 1 at G.  Great kid.  Team captain.  Coaching staff loved him.  Durable kid -- as our OL was riddled with injury this year, he was the one constant.  Don't think he ever missed a game to injury.  Agree with your assessment atht he will be future starter.  Probably better fit for zone scheme than power bolcing scheme.  Adds flexibiitiy as he plays both G and C.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Really bummed me out on that one...thought Gaillard was going to make it back to me. Great pick. I'm good settling for Eberle, though. In researching a bit, I've come to realize there is very little excuse for Macc to come out of this draft without a solid prospect on the line. A lot to choose from here, even deep into rd 5.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Beginning Wednesday morning (round 6), the remainder of the draft will be on a 2-hour clock. 

Tagging the next 6 GMs regarding this: @32EBoozer @NYJetsVets91 @Lray @BroadwayRay @Sarge4Tide @JiF

With the 2 hour clock, picks may come up faster than expected.   If your pick is coming up and you may be unavailable, remember to PM me, Mick Dcat and NYJetsVets with 4 or 5 players to pick (in order).  Please send any picks to all 4 of us.  It is likely one of the 4 of us will check in every 2 hours; but if you just send to one of us who is offline, you may not get your pick!!1

• Sympathy 1