Post-Everything Mock Draft (SPICY EDITION)

Paradis

52 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Always take a WR named Jazz. They are good at improvising. 

Also, you can say things like "He has Jazz hands" to questions like "Does he have good hands"

Getting back to SloMoe's point, Jizz hands might be good for hanging onto the ball, too.

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Allen I like.

The Tackle I am fine with.

Would rather have a pure Centre than a guard.

RB flyer and WRs I like.

I do not want a corner at all, screw that,  we have been drafting and signing cbs for years.

Jones, clark, the slot guy we drafted last year, the guy we signed from atlanta, we resigned roberts.

Rather than a CB I'd take a flyer on another pass rusher or more preferably a tight end.  The only TE we have i trust is our rookie from last year.

I did flirt with that, but sifting through likely 6-7th round OLBs, they stink. Also, keep in mind that i'm trying to blend what i think Mac would do. Granted he probably won't bite on Jazz & Wes, but he will favor a corner from virginia like Hall.

As preposterous as it as (given the amount capital we've spent drafting CBs) - we;re really shallow there.... I'd wager you'll see a CB drafted much earlier than i did next month.  

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

Always take a WR named Jazz. They are good at improvising. 

Also, you can say things like "He has Jazz hands" to questions like "Does he have good hands"

Kellen Winslow Jr. had the best jizz hands in the business

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I did flirt with that, but sifting through likely 6-7th round OLBs, they stink. Also, keep in mind that i'm trying to blend what i think Mac would do. Granted he probably won't bite on Jazz & Wes, but he will favor a corner from virginia like Hall.

As preposterous as it as (given the amount capital we've spent drafting CBs) - we;re really shallow there.... I'd wager you'll see a CB drafted much earlier than i did next month.  

I think I’d be willing to throw a flyer at Ben Banogu. Although I wouldn’t use that flyer before the 5th round.

Just did one of my own on The Draft Network.  Bosa, Williams went 1 & 2.  One pick that bugs me is Jenkins at 68 with both Greg Little and David Edwards still on the board.  But I have been saying for two weeks that we need competition for Harrison, so I went with Jenkins instead.  Evans at 105 made me feel better about passing on the R3 OTs.

3 Josh Allen, EDGE Kentucky

68 Elgton Jenkins, IOL Mississippi State

93 David Long, CB Michigan

105 Bobby Evans OT Oklahoma

196 Anthony Johnson, WR Buffalo

217 Terry Beckner, IDL Missouri

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Thanks for this analysis.

But I’m done with developmental OL. Times that have worked out for Jets is zero.

Developmental OL is mostly what you end up getting with the middle round guys, no?  You're trying to build a pipeline of potential starters down the road when you take those guys in the middle rounds.  "Developmental" gets a bad rap around here because of Vlad Ducasse, Aboushi, Jarvis Harrison, etc, but its what you have to be willing to do at that range.  You're usually not getting an instant starter. 

9 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well the SEC is the top football conference in terms of talent so...

Yeah but even then only a fraction of those LTs will play in the NFL and even less will be starters. I'm splitting hairs really. I have Bosa and Williams as 1-2 but Allen is at 3. I think Williams and Allen are better versions of the 2015 Williams vs Beasley debate

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I wouldn't say i was worried ever about Allen, but I began to wonder if he's getting over overvalued.. The combine reassured me of that, when the overwhelming number of tackles said Allen was a nightmare to defend.  

Yeah I'm splitting hairs really. I'd be happy either way. I think Williams and Allen are a better version of Williams vs Beasley in 2015.

I’m on board with this but I’m hoping there’s a WR like ridley or mclaurin sitting there for us at 68. I’ll give you a sleeper OLB to play opposite our stud rookie: maxx crosby out of eastern michigan. he might be a late 3 or 4th round pick but he’s a super athletic OLB that would be perfect to play a SAM role like I envisioned barr in

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

I’m on board with this but I’m hoping there’s a WR like ridley or mclaurin sitting there for us at 68. I’ll give you a sleeper OLB to play opposite our stud rookie: maxx crosby out of eastern michigan. he might be a late 3 or 4th round pick but he’s a super athletic OLB that would be perfect to play a SAM role like I envisioned barr in

I like Maxx, a lot actually. He was going to be in the mix for that 6th round pick... but i looked at how many small school picks i was already balls deep in, and i just know Macc is going to have that many. 

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I like Maxx, a lot actually. He was going to be in the mix for that 6th round pick... but i looked at how many small school picks i was already balls deep in, and i just know Macc is going to have that many. 

don’t forget we have the raiders pick in the 6th round too

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Developmental OL is mostly what you end up getting with the middle round guys, no?  You're trying to build a pipeline of potential starters down the road when you take those guys in the middle rounds.  "Developmental" gets a bad rap around here because of Vlad Ducasse, Aboushi, Jarvis Harrison, etc, but its what you have to be willing to do at that range.  You're usually not getting an instant starter. 

That’s what I’m saying. Few development guys is okay but I’m DONE with this team going all in on the dumpster diving OLs. If you actually spend some real cash or draft capital on the line then you can afford to wait for some developmental guys to incubate. OL neglect has been criminal on this team. And they’re not going anywhere until they fix that. The line last year was an abomination.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:15 PM, Paradis said:

*until the Jets actually trade back (hold your breath) i'm not doing a mock with trade....

I'm gonna spice it up with some options at each pick. You decide if you like one of the alternates better.

ROUND 1:

• OLB Josh Allen.... not need to elaborate.Possible the best/complete pure OLB/Edge Rushing prospect since I dunno. He may not have the same dynamic bend as Bosa, but he has complete toolkit.  

Alternate: Only other acceptable option is Nick Bosa. I have hard time seeing SF do anything else, but if they traded out, sure. 

ROUND 3 (#68):

• OT Yodny Cajuste (W.V.)... Wearing Mac's hat, i think he has to take a chance at an OT as early as he can if the value is there. Yodny will benefit from a developmental year.

Alternates: WR Deebo Samuel (S.C.) or CB JoeJuan Williams (Vanderbilt) could be options. I feel these represent better bang for you bucks (think Boldin & Cromartie)

ROUND 3 (#93):

• OG Nate Davis (Charlotte)... Doubling down on the Oline development. I don't think it take Nate Davis long to displace bust-extension RG Winters.  

Alternates: WR Keelan Doss (UC Davis) or CB Jordan Brown (SDST).... the value in here from mid 3rd to late 4th is all skill position. These two FCS players would be high return investments, Doss CRUSHED in the last two years and has all the makings of Reggie Wayne 2.0

ROUND 4 (#105):

• WR Jazz Ferguson (NSU)... 6'5, 225, ran a 4.45 and has ridiculous catch radius. Plays a lot like Josh Gordon, and brings a prototypical "X" Split end WR into the fold for Sam

Alternates: WR Jalen Hurd (Baylor) or NT Daylon Mack (TAMU)... Obviously if i had it my way, we'd take both Ferguson and Hurd. Mack represents a true NT, which we presently do not have on the roster.

ROUND 6 (#196):

• CB Bryce Hall (Virginia)... Underrated, physical corner who won with size and being something of a tactician. Always on his assignment. 

Alternates: TE Keenen Brown (TXST) or CB Jimmy Moreland (JMU)... both super small school candidates, but high ceiling. I love Moreland's fight (seriously) and Brown is quintessential Flex TE

ROUND 7 (#217)

• RB Wes Hills (Slippery Rock)... this is when value is too good to pass up. Most of these round 7s are UDFA caliber, so you reach for stars. Hills is a great COP back, and insurance for Bell... McGuire is a placeholder, and Cannon was more bad than good year 1. 

Alternates: OT Joshua Miles (Morgan St) or CB Nik Needham (UTEP)... I think Nik Needham is going to be a superstar, but the Jets haven't shown interest yet, and others have. 

Summary/easy to digest version:

• OLB Josh Allen
  • OT Yodny Cajuste
  • OG Nate Davis
  • WR Jazz Ferguson
  • CB Bryce Hall
  • RB Wes Hills

This is as good as Maccagnan could do and it's also why they should look to trade down, imo. Unless Allen becomes Von Miller, this isn't really moving the needle for the Jets' prospects in the short or intermediate term and everyone is getting fired three years from now.

This is a trade down I did on that dopey First-pick.com thing. I got fleeced (Minny's first, second, 2020 first), but this is what's available in in the mid-first/second range. If the thought is to save Darnold's career, this is the way to do it. 

Round 1 Pick 18 (MINN): Butler, Hakeem, WR, Iowa State (B-)
Round 2 Pick 18 (MINN): Risner, Dalton, OT/OG, Kansas State (A)
Round 3 Pick 4: McCoy, Erik, OG/C, Texas AM (A)
Round 3 Pick 29: Nelson, Anthony, DE, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3: Williams, Trayveon, RB, Texas AM (A+)
Round 6 Pick 23: Smith , Saivion, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3: Bunting, Sean, CB, Central Michigan (A+)

I'd like to see us go WR with one of the 3rd rounders. Don't think we need to draft a RB this year. But I like the 1st 2 picks a lot 
Bell is a short term answer, should we wait until his tank is empty to find the next guy? I know we have other needs atm but we should be looking at best players available especially in the later rounds.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Yeah but even then only a fraction of those LTs will play in the NFL and even less will be starters. I'm splitting hairs really. I have Bosa and Williams as 1-2 but Allen is at 3. I think Williams and Allen are better versions of the 2015 Williams vs Beasley debate

Well Beasley and Williams have had kind of similar career paths. After hot starts both have kind of fallen off the map

21 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Is anyone else bothered by Allen? His stats are great but I just see no bull rush, spin or swim moves. I'm just worries he can't sustain his level of play against NFL caliber talent.

It does, but he has a few more moves than you are giving him credit for. Voch Lombardi covers them in the video below.

Allen is a bit of a projection regarding his technique, but there are reasons to believe that he will continue to develop:

If you compare his film from his junior season to his senior season, you see an improvement in his technique.

He also arrived at Kentucky weighing 210lbs and now weighs around 250. That shows a lot of dedication in the weight room. Accordingly, its reasonable to expect that he will continue to work as hard at his technique as he did in the weight room (cue Gholston jokes here, lol) 

Archived