Post-Everything Mock Draft (SPICY EDITION)

Paradis

*until the Jets actually trade back (hold your breath) i'm not doing a mock with trade....

I'm gonna spice it up with some options at each pick. You decide if you like one of the alternates better.

ROUND 1:

• OLB Josh Allen.... not need to elaborate.Possible the best/complete pure OLB/Edge Rushing prospect since I dunno. He may not have the same dynamic bend as Bosa, but he has complete toolkit.  

Alternate: Only other acceptable option is Nick Bosa. I have hard time seeing SF do anything else, but if they traded out, sure. 

ROUND 3 (#68):

• OT Yodny Cajuste (W.V.)... Wearing Mac's hat, i think he has to take a chance at an OT as early as he can if the value is there. Yodny will benefit from a developmental year.

Alternates: WR Deebo Samuel (S.C.) or CB JoeJuan Williams (Vanderbilt) could be options. I feel these represent better bang for you bucks (think Boldin & Cromartie)

ROUND 3 (#93):

• OG Nate Davis (Charlotte)... Doubling down on the Oline development. I don't think it take Nate Davis long to displace bust-extension RG Winters.  

Alternates: WR Keelan Doss (UC Davis) or CB Jordan Brown (SDST).... the value in here from mid 3rd to late 4th is all skill position. These two FCS players would be high return investments, Doss CRUSHED in the last two years and has all the makings of Reggie Wayne 2.0

ROUND 4 (#105):

• WR Jazz Ferguson (NSU)... 6'5, 225, ran a 4.45 and has ridiculous catch radius. Plays a lot like Josh Gordon, and brings a prototypical "X" Split end WR into the fold for Sam

Alternates: WR Jalen Hurd (Baylor) or NT Daylon Mack (TAMU)... Obviously if i had it my way, we'd take both Ferguson and Hurd. Mack represents a true NT, which we presently do not have on the roster.

ROUND 6 (#196):

• CB Bryce Hall (Virginia)... Underrated, physical corner who won with size and being something of a tactician. Always on his assignment. 

Alternates: TE Keenen Brown (TXST) or CB Jimmy Moreland (JMU)... both super small school candidates, but high ceiling. I love Moreland's fight (seriously) and Brown is quintessential Flex TE

ROUND 7 (#217)

• RB Wes Hills (Slippery Rock)... this is when value is too good to pass up. Most of these round 7s are UDFA caliber, so you reach for stars. Hills is a great COP back, and insurance for Bell... McGuire is a placeholder, and Cannon was more bad than good year 1. 

Alternates: OT Joshua Miles (Morgan St) or CB Nik Needham (UTEP)... I think Nik Needham is going to be a superstar, but the Jets haven't shown interest yet, and others have. 

Summary/easy to digest version:

• OLB Josh Allen
  • OT Yodny Cajuste
  • OG Nate Davis
  • WR Jazz Ferguson
  • CB Bryce Hall
  • RB Wes Hills

59 minutes ago, Paradis said:

*until the Jets actually trade back (hold your breath) i'm not doing a mock with trade.... complain, and I'll PM you a pic of my _____ 

I'm gonna spice it up with some options at each pick. You decide if you like one of the alternates better.

ROUND 1:

• OLB Josh Allen.... not need to elaborate.Possible the best/complete pure OLB/Edge Rushing prospect since I dunno. He may not have the same dynamic bend as Bosa, but he has complete toolkit.  

Alternate: Only other acceptable option is Nick Bosa. I have hard time seeing SF do anything else, but if they traded out, sure. 

ROUND 3 (#68):

• OT Yodny Cajuste (W.V.)... Wearing Mac's hat, i think he has to take a chance at an OT as early as he can if the value is there. Yodny will benefit from a developmental year.

Alternates: WR Deebo Samuel (S.C.) or CB JoeJuan Williams (Vanderbilt) could be options. I feel these represent better bang for you bucks (think Boldin & Cromartie)

ROUND 3 (#93):

• OG Nate Davis (Charlotte)... Doubling down on the Oline development. I don't think it take Nate Davis long to displace bust-extension RG Winters.  

Alternates: WR Keelan Doss (UC Davis) or CB Jordan Brown (SDST).... the value in here from mid 3rd to late 4th is all skill position. These two FCS players would be high return investments, Doss CRUSHED in the last two years and has all the makings of Reggie Wayne 2.0

ROUND 4 (#105):

• WR Jazz Ferguson (NSU)... 6'5, 225, ran a 4.45 and has ridiculous catch radius. Plays a lot like Josh Gordon, and brings a prototypical "X" Split end WR into the fold for Sam

Alternates: WR Jalen Hurd (Baylor) or NT Daylon Mack (TAMU)... Obviously if i had it my way, we'd take both Ferguson and Hurd. Mack represents a true NT, which we presently do not have on the roster.

ROUND 6 (#196):

• CB Bryce Hall (Virginia)... Underrated, physical corner who won with size and being something of a tactician. Always on his assignment. 

Alternates: TE Keenen Brown (TXST) or CB Jimmy Moreland (JMU)... both super small school candidates, but high ceiling. I love Moreland's fight (seriously) and Brown is quintessential Flex TE

ROUND 7 (#217)

• RB Wes Hills (Slippery Rock)... this is when value is too good to pass up. Most of these round 7s are UDFA caliber, so you reach for stars. Hills is a great COP back, and insurance for Bell... McGuire is a placeholder, and Cannon was more bad than good year 1. 

Alternates: OT Joshua Miles (Morgan St) or CB Nik Needham (UTEP)... I think Nik Needham is going to be a superstar, but the Jets haven't shown interest yet, and others have. 

• OLB Josh Allen
  • OT Yodny Cajuste
  • OG Nate Davis
  • WR Jazz Ferguson
  • CB Bryce Hall
  • RB Wes Hills

I played my college ball in the 80’s at Slipppery Rock.  No one ever heard of the school where I grew up in Staten Island and my grandmother actually thought I meant Stoney Brook.  Would love me some Wes Hills from The Rock!

On board with the OL approach all the way. Especially if they lead with the best rusher on the board. 

I wonder if Lee can be a chip to get us up to get Jenkins or Bradbury at C. With 2 3rd rounders, getting the best player, then getting Sam's center can go a long way for this team.

Allen I like.

The Tackle I am fine with.

Would rather have a pure Centre than a guard.

RB flyer and WRs I like.

I do not want a corner at all, screw that,  we have been drafting and signing cbs for years.

Jones, clark, the slot guy we drafted last year, the guy we signed from atlanta, we resigned roberts.

Rather than a CB I'd take a flyer on another pass rusher or more preferably a tight end.  The only TE we have i trust is our rookie from last year.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Outside of Allen I like it. 

All seriousness; if Murray and Bosa go 1/2 (very likely) Allen is 100% the right choice. That’s not even if you like him - the alternatives force your hand.  

If it’s Murray and Bosa 1 - 2. I’d be more inclined to see what haul the Jets gets for Haskins at 3. The Giants have specifically loaded up on picks for a move up in the draft. I’d trade with them for their 2 # 1st’s.

Moving down to 6 could still land you Q Williams, Plus a Tackle at 17.

21 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

If it’s Murray and Bosa 1 - 2. I’d be more inclined to see what haul the Jets gets for Haskins at 3. The Giants have specifically loaded up on picks for a move up in the draft. I’d trade with them for their 2 # 1st’s.

Moving down to 6 could still land you Q Williams, Plus a Tackle at 17.

thanks but i literally said at the start - don't talk to me about trades. 

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You literally said “ i'm not doing a mock with trade” you did not say “don’t talk to me about trades” I like your draft, but I’m torn between Q Williams and Allen. Josh some how seems a little soft to me. I like you loaded on online, but Id like to see a Center taken.

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

All seriousness; if Murray and Bosa go 1/2 (very likely) Allen is 100% the right choice. That’s not even if you like him - the alternatives force your hand.  

If trading down isn’t an option and it goes Murray then Bosa I’d go with Williams over Allen. I think Allen is going to be a bust. 

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

*until the Jets actually trade back (hold your breath) i'm not doing a mock with trade....

ROUND 1:

ROUND 3 (#68):

ROUND 3 (#93):

ROUND 4 (#105):

ROUND 6 (#196):

ROUND 7 (#217)

• OLB Josh Allen
  • OT Yodny Cajuste
  • OG Nate Davis
  • WR Jazz Ferguson
  • CB Bryce Hall
  • RB Wes Hills

Substitute Daylon Mack for Nate Davis, and i'm with you. We need a nose tackle.

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Heard a cool mock on NFL radio...Pat Kirwin and Jimmy Miller. Like you, no trades. First 3.  Bosa, Q,Allen. Has Giants @6 taking Christian Wilkins. Bills take Hockson.  First QB is Murray @11 to Bengals. Dolphins take Haskins. Redskins take Lock. Giants@17 take Jones.

9 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I played my college ball in the 80’s at Slipppery Rock.  No one ever heard of the school where I grew up in Staten Island and my grandmother actually thought I meant Stoney Brook.  Would love me some Wes Hills from The Rock!

My God Mother gave me a t-shirt when I was about twelve that said "Where the hell is slippery rock" or something to that effect. I never knew wtf it meant but I thought it was cool I had a shirt that said hell on it. lol

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

• OLB Josh Allen
  • OT Yodny Cajuste
  • OG Nate Davis
  • WR Jazz Ferguson
  • CB Bryce Hall
  • RB Wes Hills

We get these top 3, and I really don't care what happens on Day 3, I will be happy.  Not a fan of Ferguson, I know you love him, but I just don't see it (although I might just take him in our mock just to piss you off).  Don't know much about Hall, but definitely fills a need and I like Hillis in the 7th; was fun watching him Sr Bowl week.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Is anyone else bothered by Allen? His stats are great but I just see no bull rush, spin or swim moves. I'm just worries he can't sustain his level of play against NFL caliber talent.

Well the SEC is the top football conference in terms of talent so...

1 hour ago, Lith said:

We get these top 3, and I really don't care what happens on Day 3, I will be happy.  Not a fan of Ferguson, I know you love him, but I just don't see it (although I might just take him in our mock just to piss you off).  Don't know much about Hall, but definitely fills a need and I like Hillis in the 7th; was fun watching him Sr Bowl week.

I head faked you with Jazz! Hurd4Life baby

25 minutes ago, slowmoe57 said:

WR Jazz Ferguson (NSU).

With a name like Jazz how can you go wrong? Now Jizz in the other hand (would be a sticky mess)

my feelings on Jazz--

Extremely talented WR, but not a perfect prospect. in the 4th round however, too hard to pass up

26 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Is anyone else bothered by Allen? His stats are great but I just see no bull rush, spin or swim moves. I'm just worries he can't sustain his level of play against NFL caliber talent.

I wouldn't say i was worried ever about Allen, but I began to wonder if he's getting over overvalued.. The combine reassured me of that, when the overwhelming number of tackles said Allen was a nightmare to defend.  

12 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

that's pretty cool.

Here's some clips of your boy at the bowl game. I've watched a number of his games (talk about being nerd, i actually reached out to their coach for game film lol.... single tear). He's legit. He's got NFL wheels and pro caliber juke/change of direction

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

that's pretty cool.

Here's some clips of your boy at the bowl game. I've watched a number of his games (talk about being nerd, i actually reached out to their coach for game film lol.... single tear). He's legit. He's got NFL wheels and pro caliber juke/change of direction

Lol you nut I can’t believe you reached out for game film.  That’s awesome. I got the chance to spend some time with him at the homecoming game this year.  Really, really nice kid.  He would be the 4th RB to play in the NFL from The Rock.  I blocked for one of them, Greg Paterra drafted in the 11th or 12th round by the falcons.  We used to say he could have went to USC with his talent, but he couldn’t spell it lol. We’ve only had 5 alumni make the pros...the best being Brandon Fusco who played on the OL for the Vikings. Thank you for the video.  I’m going to enjoy watching it.

side note...Slippery Rock uniforms are green and white he will fit right in 

13 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I call BS - everyone knew of Slippery Rock

42 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Lol you nut I can’t believe you reached out for game film.  That’s awesome. I got the chance to spend some time with him at the homecoming game this year.  Really, really nice kid.  He would be the 4th RB to play in the NFL from The Rock.  I blocked for one of them, Greg Paterra drafted in the 11th or 12th round by the falcons.  We used to say he could have went to USC with his talent, but he couldn’t spell it lol. We’ve only had 5 alumni make the pros...the best being Brandon Fusco who played on the OL for the Vikings. Thank you for the video.  I’m going to enjoy watching it.

side note...Slippery Rock uniforms are green and white he will fit right in 

I remember Fusco... well, that's a pretty cool story. I wish i had cool stories. I'm going to now reach back out Coach Conrad for YOUR game film XD

Archived