Adam Gase: Jets Have Tools,Players,Game Plan to Dethrone Patriots in AFC East

joewilly12

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where has anyone said this?  Other than you. 

The point was made that they can't win until Brady's gone, proof that it's not a necessity gets this response.  

Maybe you get the midget QB to shut his rather large mouth instead of someone who spoke about the team, not smack. 

Then they should shut their mouth until Brady is gone and try to beat him until he's gone instead. 

Look, that's how I feel. Folks can disagree, which is cool. But im not going through all the back and forth because I want less talk and more wins. 

The players and the coaches need to realize that talk is cheap, especially with this franchise. Win football games. 

That's all I care about. 

I said what I said. 

33 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This sh*t is old.

Win games, then talk.

It’s a fan message board. 

When can we talk? 

Please let us when it’s ok to discuss our team and what the players are saying about the coaching staff and the positive mood around the building. 

Maybe the mods can suspend any talk until we win. 

Games. 

Not just the first game. 

Games. 

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

They traded for a potential top 5 guard which you would hope helps the OL.

What did they do to address the lack of pass rush? 

Actually in both sacks and pressures we were middle if the pack so lack of pass rush is not exactly true. OL much bigger need. Nothing more important than keeping Darnold safe

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s a fan message board. 

When can we talk? 

Please let us when it’s ok to discuss our team and what the players are saying about the coaching staff and the positive mood around the building. 

Maybe the mods can suspend any talk until we win. 

Games. 

Not just the first game. 

Games. 

I didnt say anything about folks not being able to talk on the forums. 

I said that the players and coaches need to shut up and produce. 

Come back out of your emotions and realize who I was referring my statement to. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The way folks are here boasting about that win, you would think that the Rex was the mastermind behind the dismantling of the Patriot empire. Lol

And some other folks are really in here trying to give me grief because im saying that the coaches and players need to STFU about the Patriots and win games.

I thought that was the point of all this. I could be wrong though. Seems like all you have to do is talk sh*t in April with no history of your own and then us Jets fans will let you borrow Rex's victory from 2010. 

Be careful...you seem too rational to be a jet fan.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then they should shut their mouth until Brady is gone and try to beat him until he's gone instead. 

Look, that's how I feel. Folks can disagree, which is cool. But im not going through all the back and forth because I want less talk and more wins. 

The players and the coaches need to realize that talk is cheap, especially with this franchise. Win football games. 

That's all I care about. 

I said what I said. 

That's fair enough but I'd be pretty confident that most fans want to hear their new HC say all the things Gase did in response.  

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

sh*t, even Mayfield said those words only after getting the win. Gase is feeling dangerous mid April. Guys like Belichick like to feel dangerous in December. 

It's better to just go out there and prove it. 

It is but you can always "prez-mal" till then. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I didnt say other fans couldnt. 

Can a fan also want less talk and more wins? 

And I didn't say fans couldn't.  I said most fans want to hear exactly what Gase said.  I do.  That's all.  Most realize it doesn't make a difference what is said, not a big deal

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I didnt say anything about folks not being able to talk on the forums. 

I said that the players and coaches need to shut up and produce. 

Come back out of your emotions and realize who I was referring my statement to. 

Who gives a crap what players say other than emotionally weak fans. 

Talk has no impact on wins and losses, especially in April. 

If you don’t want to read what players have to say and you don’t want to be triggered, don’t read it. 

Not sure what it is with kids today, rather than dismissing or ignoring opinions they disagree with, they insist they be stifled, silenced. 

And I LOVE Mayfield and he did a whole bunch of talking before he won anything and I hope he keeps talking because not only is he a great player, he’s entertaining. 

And this is all just entertainment. 

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Who gives a crap what players say other than emotionally weak fans. 

Talk has no impact on wins and losses, especially in April. 

If you don’t want to read what players have to say and you don’t want to be triggered, don’t read it. 

Not sure what it is with kids today, rather than dismissing or ignoring opinions they disagree with, they insist they be stifled, silenced. 

And I LOVE Mayfield and he did a whole bunch of talking before he won anything and I hope he keeps talking because not only is he a great player, he’s entertaining. 

And this is all just entertainment. 

There you go assuming again. 

Who said I didnt want to read what players said? Based on what the player said, I had an opinion on it. Folks have one track minds. 

You can agree with what a player says "here" and disagree with what a player says "right here". 

When it comes to this particular topic, I prefer players and coaches shut their mouth and go win games. 

That's not going to change bro. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

When it comes to this particular topic, I prefer players and coaches to shut their mouth and go win games. 

Never change.

I want to read everything and anything players and coaches say.

Because nothing they say impacts wins or losses.

It's just fluff.  

Who cares. Don't let it bother you.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And I didn't say fans couldn't.  I said most fans want to hear exactly what Gase said.  I do.  That's all.  Most realize it doesn't make a difference what is said, not a big deal

I'm really having a hard time feigning outrage at this.

Lol, is this dude serious?

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Never change.

I want to read everything and anything players and coaches say.

Because nothing they say impacts wins or losses.

It's just fluff.  

Who cares. Don't let it bother you.

It isnt a bother. Im just clarifying my position, why I've maintained that position along with clearing up any misunderstandings, like other fans not being able to talk about the topic. 

This is a forum, it's made for talking. 

I dont recall your name and you do seem new around here. Welcome to Jetnation. 

Im a troll, but an honest troll. So if you ever see me around here trolling, never take it personal. :-) 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

There you go assuming again. 

Who said I didnt want to read what players said? Based on what the player said, I had an opinion on it. Folks have one track minds. 

You can agree with what a player says "here" and disagree with what a player says "right here". 

When it comes to this particular topic, I prefer players and coaches shut their mouth and go win games. 

You're quadrupling-down on nonsense, IMHO. 

A very high-priced FA addition quoting his HC and citing it as a reason for him to be excited about being here is actually just pretty cool. This is optimism season. No one's mouthing off. Maybe Mosley spoke out of turn, but this is a little fluff article. Nothing more. 

I really don't give a crap about bravado or locker room material. It's April. Football writers are writing sh!t. Not shocking, and no reason to be upset with anyone. 

And again, despite this thread's headline, Adam Gase is not quoted anywhere. Just a wealthy ILB. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

That's cool. 

The players and coaches still need to shut up and produce. 

Yeah, again, the coach didn't say a word to reporters. So even your nonsense complaint is only half a complaint. 

Ya it’s called “ time “ ?Gronk is gone, this could be the yr Brady shows his age, next yr almost definitely. If he still decides to play. You can’t call it “ de-throning “ when you. Knock over a 44 yr old qb

That’s ridiculous.
If we beat them with or without Brady we have dethroned them.

Sure going through Brady would be nice (preferred) but I could not care less if he retires next year and that paves the way for our championship.

Between you and me though... I’d love to come out and sweep them this year and/or knock them out of the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It isnt a bother. Im just clarifying my position, why I've maintained that position along with clearing up any misunderstandings, like other fans not being able to talk about the topic. 

This is a forum, it's made for talking. 

I dont recall your name and you do seem new around here. Welcome to Jetnation. 

Im a troll, but an honest troll. So if you ever see me around here trolling, never take it personal. :-) 

I think your position is clear so you probably don't need to hammer it home much more.  Most of us like to read what coaches and players say--it gives us something to talk about or to complain about.

Are you a Jet fan or Brown fan?

I was Suck for Sam for 2 years plus years but if he went to the Browns I would have been all over Baker--watched pretty  much every game he played at OK and I think he's a hell of a player.

I'm a Jet fan first, but an NFL fan second and I like watching good football and good players--especially some of these really good you QBs.

He's going to be fun to watch.

1 minute ago, slats said:

Yeah, again, the coach didn't say a word to reporters. So even your nonsense complaint is only half a complaint. 

That's cool too. 

The players and coaches need to shut their mouth about the Patriots, and win football games against them and the rest of their schedule. 

That's cool too. 

The players and coaches need to shut their mouth about the Patriots, and win football games against them and the rest of their schedule. 

Now you're just douching for douchies sake. 

The players and coaches need to shut their mouth about the Patriots

I do not think that word means what you think it means. 

You may DESIRE them to shut their mouths but they absolutely do not NEED to shut their mouths.  

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

sh*t, even Mayfield said those words only after getting the win. Gase is feeling dangerous mid April. Guys like Belichick like to feel dangerous in December. 

It's better to just go out there and prove it. 

I could be wrong, but didn’t he say it before the Texans game?  Because I read JJ Watt mocking Baker’s statement about “feeling dangerous” after they beat the Browns 29-13, and threw for 3 interceptions.  Sometimes it’s better to just not talk.

You have to admit, Sam gave that Texans D all they could handle.

Archived