Why Quinnen Williams is the best DT prospect since Aaron Donald

TuscanyTile2

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea Todd Bowles is retarded and refused to bench Long after multiple games worth of botched snaps due to a broken finger. 8 year old kids watching from home knew he had no business being in the game. His decisions on who did or did not start at center are null and void.

This alone was a reason to fire Todd.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, nico002 said:

Watch the combine video above, they do a side by side 40 of Q vs Donald. Essentially, Q and Donald have almost the exact same 10 yard split- the most important measure for a pass rushing DT. Donald pulls away a bit from Q at the end of the 40 because Q is carrying 30 extra pounds. Q ran the fastest 40 for a 300 lb player in the last 20 or so years. Guy is a freak.

Well OK, that's the combine, but what about comparing and contrasting their college careers?

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

I support the Williams pick because he is on the team now, but Brett Kollmann is full of sh!t. Let's not forget these beauties from him:

Hackenberg sucked in college   Q was dominant

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

I agree with you on both, the point of my post was a criticism of Brett K’s hyperbole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't the only film reviewer that rave about Quinnen though. There were many, many, including Chris Simms who says he hadn't seen tape that dominant in years. In fact, there were many Hack haters, I've NEVER heard a Quinnen hater because they don't exist. His tape is phenomenal, he's a great kid, he works his azz off, he's humble & funny.

What I loved from one of his tapes, was when he moved down the line on a run to the offenses right, splits 2 offensive lineman, cuts off the hole for the back so he has to bounce outside to the LBs & safety chasing & freaking out races them all to the SIDELINE and makes the tackle of the RB! That sh*t was CRAZY!!! 

So it's no wonder this kid is getting so many accolades. It's one thing to run the best 40 for a 300 pounder, it's another to know how to PLAY FOOTBALL and use that speed to wreak havoc sideline to sideline & in the backfield. This guy will embarrass Leo with his technique & hustle, but Leo is really freaking young still too & developing, I think Quinnen Williams + Leonard Williams with eventually Polite coming off the edge with CJ Mosely + Adams will be a lot for Oline to handle. Gregg Williams will be able to create a lot of Chaos along the LOS, bouncing guys around ect., especially for younger inexperienced QBs.

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

I support the Williams pick because he is on the team now, but Brett Kollmann is full of sh!t. Let's not forget these beauties from him:

He also gave us this beauty.

when a DT helps the jets win a game or two I will be impressed, since it has not happened since Kris Jenkins and it was the Sack Exchange before that (very long wait times at the buffet)

Mo, Sheldon and Leo are all solid players, "great tape", "changing the game", "Sons of Anarchy", "fastest 40 for DT", yada, yada, yada... all this BS has not translated to wins or even good DL stats, especially compared to the draft capital invested, the Jets have a losing record since drafting Mo, with only 1 winning season in 8 since the BAP DT trend started, yet they continued the trend again this year (4 of 8), with people expecting different results (definition of insanity)

QW looks like a great player and even better person but it was not a good fit for the Jets needs and that "should" get Mac fired before the start of the season

That said, QW is a Jet and I am looking forward to QW and Leo playing next to each other and hopefully knocking shady12 on his neatly groomed arse but can we please stop talking about generational talents until that happens or the DL helps the team win a few games 

Well you never really know. He was the best defensive player in NCAAF for a year. Hopefully he has the drive to be great on the field after all the distractions, the money, etc. And decides after spending time in the good life and set for life financially if he wants to play a violent game where you can easily be injured and injure other people. It's not for everyone. We've seen guys like Vern with great talent not step it up. Sometimes when you pay people they become wimps. They love everybody because the world has treated them nicely. They wouldn't hurt a fly. Why should they?

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well you never really know. He was the best defensive player in NCAAF for a year. Hopefully he has the drive to be great on the field after all the distractions, the money, etc. And decides after spending time in the good life and set for life financially if he wants to play a violent game where you can easily be injured and injure other people. It's not for everyone. We've seen guys like Vern with great talent not step it up. Sometimes when you pay people they become wimps. They love everybody because the world has treated them nicely. They wouldn't hurt a fly. Why should they?

well said -put $50M in my bank account and see how hard it would be to get up for work...

42 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

when a DT helps the jets win a game or two I will be impressed, since it has not happened since Kris Jenkins and it was the Sack Exchange before that (very long wait times at the buffet)

Mo, Sheldon and Leo are all solid players, "great tape", "changing the game", "Sons of Anarchy", "fastest 40 for DT", yada, yada, yada... all this BS has not translated to wins or even good DL stats, especially compared to the draft capital invested, the Jets have a losing record since drafting Mo, with only 1 winning season in 8 since the BAP DT trend started, yet they continued the trend again this year (4 of 8), with people expecting different results (definition of insanity)

QW looks like a great player and even better person but it was not a good fit for the Jets needs and that "should" get Mac fired before the start of the season

That said, QW is a Jet and I am looking forward to QW and Leo playing next to each other and hopefully knocking shady12 on his neatly groomed arse but can we please stop talking about generational talents until that happens or the DL helps the team win a few games 

We didn't have a QB! Look how Fitz transformed the Jets until he fizzled out like he does everywhere with his schizophrantic play. Hell, in 2015 Jet fans were like, holy sh*t, a guy that actually CALL A PLAY and run the damn offense! 

The Jets have had some of the worst QB play in the league for a LONG TIME! It ain't winning sh*t in this league without a competent QB. Fitz does 10-6, Chad goes 11-5 and wins the division with the Fins. These were guys finishing over 500 that weren't even that good anymore, but the were smart & knew how to conduct an offensive game plan from chalk board to the field. 

If this defense can just make some stops & let Darnold get into a rhythm without constantly playing from behind, we might be able to close out some games in the 4th quarter. It's a symbiotic relationship between Offense, Defense & Special Teams.

I've got nothing against Quinnen, and he certainly has talent, but the problem ultimately is that he needs to have an absolutely dominant career, fully reaching his maximum potential, in order for there to actually be any net gain out of this selection.

That is the reason why it is still an idiotic draft pick, when continually doubling down over and over again with the highest investments in a non-premium position that is the very least of your team needs.

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I've got nothing against Quinnen, and he certainly has talent, but the problem ultimately is that he needs to have an absolutely dominant career, fully reaching his maximum potential, in order for there to actually be any net gain out of this selection.

That is the reason why it is still an idiotic draft pick, when continually doubling down over and over again with the highest investments in a non-premium position that is the very least of your team needs.

Only some Jets fans that post here think it’s a non premium position   

I talk to football fans from teams including bills, cheaters, dolphins, giants, chargers, and they all loved the pick and Adams as well 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

I talk to football fans from teams including bills, cheaters, dolphins, giants, chargers, and they all loved the pick and Adams as well 

Context is key, and when the same position has included 5 first rounders in recent history and multiple other fat contracts to go along with it, no one would rationally think there has been anything other than an absolutely horrific return on investment for the Jets at the position.  Doing this while having a constantly failing team and outright ignoring other positions of need makes a rather significant difference than when attempting to look at a pick in a complete vacuum.

21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The mac era

DT 1st, 3rd, 6th, 1st, 7th

OLB/ILB: 3rd, 5th, 5th, 1st, 3rd, 3rd

oline: 3,5,5

Since the D'Brick Mangold draft.

1st round picks:

Defense 12

Offesne 3 (two of them QBs)

If you can't understand why people feel they way they do I am not sure what to tell you.

Hell both the Leo Wiiliams and Quinne Williams picks are made in areas that are not strong needs. 

Excellent concise explanation ????

7 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

This ☝️

6 hours ago, Larz said:

:-k Hmmmm I wonder what morons those would be ? lol

38 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

:-k Hmmmm I wonder what morons those would be ? lol

It’s a made up thing here 

Have you ever been talkings to someone in the real world and hear them say that dt is a non premium position?

lol

3 hours ago, Larz said:

It’s a made up thing here 

Have you ever been talkings to someone in the real world and hear them say that dt is a non premium position?

lol

It isn't discussed at all in either direction "in the real world".  That is literally the reason we all come here for these discussions to begin with.  What a pointlessly ridiculous argument to even try to make.

Bottom line, the NFL has defined it themselves as a non-premium position.  Of the 10 categories of positions, DTs come in 6th on the franchise tag scale and 7th on the transition tag scale.  Hardly premium when you're not making the top half of the league in terms of pay.  Plus, in the past 5 drafts, while the Jets have twice taken DTs in the top 6, no other team in the league has done the same.  Buffalo is the only other team to have even taken a DT in the top 11 during that period, with this year's pick of Oliver at #9.  You'd have to go all the way back to 2011 the last time another team selected the position that highly (also Buffalo, with Dareus at #3).

So regardless of what conversations you don't have with other people, those running the NFL teams not named the Jets have pretty clearly shown they don't value the position as highly as Mike Maccagnan repeatedly has, which he has no resultant success with to date.

9 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

It isn't discussed at all in either direction "in the real world".  That is literally the reason we all come here for these discussions to begin with.  What a pointlessly ridiculous argument to even try to make.

Bottom line, the NFL has defined it themselves as a non-premium position.  Of the 10 categories of positions, DTs come in 6th on the franchise tag scale and 7th on the transition tag scale.  Hardly premium when you're not making the top half of the league in terms of pay.  Plus, in the past 5 drafts, while the Jets have twice taken DTs in the top 6, no other team in the league has done the same.  Buffalo is the only other team to have even taken a DT in the top 11 during that period, with this year's pick of Oliver at #9.  You'd have to go all the way back to 2011 the last time another team selected the position that highly (also Buffalo, with Dareus at #3).

So regardless of what conversations you don't have with other people, those running the NFL teams not named the Jets have pretty clearly shown they don't value the position as highly as Mike Maccagnan repeatedly has, which he has no resultant success with to date.

Pass-Rushing DT is a premium position.  Standard DT is not.  It's like how "Y" is sometimes a vowel, sometimes not.  Same letter used in two different ways.

Problem is I don't think Quinnen Williams will be a stud pass rusher.  If we were going to take a DT, it should have been Ed Oliver.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:13 PM, Villain The Foe said:

I actually never seen this trailer or knew about this movie. Looks pretty good. The animated Godzilla movie on Netflix was pretty dope as well 

Huh?

i had to unfollow them on social media because of the constant barrage of leaks, new footage and vignettes 

14 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I understand your logic but I , for one, was not impressed with Allen after watching his game film.

I'll be completely honest, I'm not a "film" guy. I go off scouting reports, so I'll be the first to admit that I'm no genius when it comes to college prospects. But I understand positions quite well and I'm well aware of our record of selections and what positions we've invested too much in and what has been ignored. 

If you're right and Allen isnt clearly better than Quinnen, obviously the choice becomes more palatable. Hey, maybe 4-5 years down the line itll work would as good as Leo did. A huge disappointment,  but at least Beasley didnt end up any good either lol 

3 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I'll be completely honest, I'm not a "film" guy. I go off scouting reports, so I'll be the first to admit that I'm no genius when it comes to college prospects. But I understand positions quite well and I'm well aware of our record of selections and what positions we've invested too much in and what has been ignored. 

If you're right and Allen isnt clearly better than Quinnen, obviously the choice becomes more palatable. Hey, maybe 4-5 years down the line itll work would as good as Leo did. A huge disappointment,  but at least Beasley didnt end up any good either lol 

Yup the jury is out on all these draft picks till at least 2-3 years.

Archived