Now with an agenda or not we can all agree why Gase

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, at least YOU didn't waste alot of bandwidth with facts or reading, and just restated your previous factually deficient post.

It's hard to debate with someone who has no intention of reading anything, much less understanding it.  

Tell me again how Tannehill had 4,000 yards under Gase and how Gase made him so much better, I always enjoy that one....

No I won't read a post that disregards 2 of his three prior coaching jobs and then shoos of the third because the record breaking year was with PM.  Disregards what he's known for.   You're right.  It's biased and anyone who gets there game knows you look beyond numbers.

We done agree, I'll never agree with this line of thinking.  I don't have a problem with you or your thought process, just don't agree. That's all. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yep. Why we have to give mac some credit. He was such a bad gm, that we almost always picking top 6 with him, allowing us to get close even to trade up for darnold. Miami could not have traded up so far back.. but now that we have darnold, we need a gm who is gonna be drafting bottom of the first round yearly ?

No one is giving Macc credit are they?

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because he still was the HC of a team that lost its starting QB for almost two out of his three seasons as a HC.  By two games.  

Do you believe with RT as his QB for all three years he wouldn't have won two or more additional games? 

The W/L record isn't the final answer here. 

During that same time span Mike Macagnan was 14-34

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Twitter posts.  Blogs written by fans. Might make more sense to look at things like Tannehills season instead of posting he regressed when he didn't.  The first season when Tannehill led the fins to the playoffs.  And basically saying the same things about Cutler. 

Even better, let's see what he does here in a few months instead of predicting doom and gloom and all the other baseless nonsense that this fanbase would rather talk about over their FQB, stud RB, stud MLB, young emerging TE......whining is more fun and arguing over every aspect of the team

Nope we hired a guy at the end of the day has ego issues with out a track record of working with young qbs. words is leaking he did not want to pa these players what they got

On 5/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, DRJETS said:

Was hated by the Fins players. I hope I’m wrong but the only positive that could come out of this circus is that know nothing Macc is gone.  And to think we could had ended with McCarthy to make this franchise respectable once again.  We need LBell to be a psychopath forget about everything and play like nothing happened.

The Jets will be fine.  Most of the stuff being written is 100% false.  Mac had to be fired.  The coach and GM have the be on same page even if they are one in the same.

Some silver lining in all of this I guess is the organization was in this permanent victory lap mode simply for drafting Darnold and now they're bringing in a guy who flat out doesnt care about anything other than results. The organization and fanbase seemed a little too convinced already the Darnold was the franchise. Gase gets to judge that now without a bias as long as Fredo is on the same page.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Some silver lining in all of this I guess is the organization was in this permanent victory lap mode simply for drafting Darnold and now they're bringing in a guy who flat out doesnt care about anything other than results. The organization and fanbase seemed a little too convinced already the Darnold was the franchise. Gase gets to judge that now without a bias as long as Fredo is on the same page.

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly how this is going to go. It's great that somebody in the building doesn't have a vested interest in the status quo, but I promise that anybody who takes the job of last resort cares about at least one thing more than he does winning, and barking up that tree doesn't seem like it would be real conducive to continued employment.

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly how this is going to go. It's great that somebody in the building doesn't have a vested interest in the status quo, but I promise that anybody who takes the job of last resort cares about at least one thing more than he does winning, and barking up that tree doesn't seem like it would be real conducive to continued employment.

Jimmy Sexton has the Jets by the nuts then.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, Philc1 said:

He inherited an average team and made the playoffs 

Oh my goodness, Gase didn’t get close to the Super Bowl in his 3 years as a HC with Ryan Tannehill, and Brock Osweiler as his QB’s, was 11-0 with a healthy Tannehill and actually did make the playoffs once, slapped Todd Bowles team around (6 out of 8) too, how could the Jets make him HC? (Sarc)

I think judgement on Gase’s abilities should be withheld until you see what he does with a real QB, which I think Darnold definitely is.

Gase seems to DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY from every nook and cranny of the organization he works for.

The Jets have been a Mom & Pop CYA operation for MOST of their history...I don’t know why anyone should be upset if Gase is about to turn all that upside down?

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Oh my goodness, Gase didn’t get close to the Super Bowl in his 3 years as a HC with Ryan Tannehill, and Brock Osweiler as his QB’s, was 11-0 with a healthy Tannehill and actually did make the playoffs once, slapped Todd Bowles team around (6 out of ? too, how could the Jets make him HC? (Sarc)

I think judgement on Gase’s abilities should be withheld until you see what he does with a real QB, which I think Darnold definitely is.

Gase seems to DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY from every nook and cranny of the organization he works for.

The Jets have been a Mom & Pop CYA operation for MOST of their history...I don’t know why anyone should be upset if Gase is about to turn all that upside down?

Gase has proven to be a guy that can’t get along with anyone which is why he was shown the door in Miami. Why would you want a guy like that in a prominent role within the organization? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Gase has proven to be a guy that can’t get along with anyone which is why he was shown the door in Miami. Why would you want a guy like that in a prominent role within the organization? 

You’re right, and I wouldn’t want that type of guy in a prominent role, all I can say is let’s hope he has learned lessons from prior mistakes.  The overwhelming consensus is that he is quite intelligent so that right there should give you more confidence than what we had in Maccagnan and Bowles.   But if he acts like an a**hole with his intelligence coupling it with thinking that his thinking and only his thinking is the way to go, then there will be problems and most likely failure.

Personally I think there will be, starting quite soon “a lot of Wins” with Darnold as Darnold predicted for the Jets the night he was drafted, and it won’t matter how much of a lunatic Gase is.

I can’t say I was ecstatic about the Gase hiring.  There really wasn’t that great a pool to draw from at the time.  But what I do know is that the Jet Franchise is much better off now that Bowles is no longer HC.  They are much better off without his almost universally awful supporting staff.  They’re much better off without quantifiably the worst GM in the NFL. 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, rammagen said:

Nope we hired a guy at the end of the day has ego issues with out a track record of working with young qbs. words is leaking he did not want to pa these players what they got

No track record of working with young (NFL) QBs.  How many HCs do?  How many young HCs do?  Tannehill was old or having success with every QB he coached is meaningless, let's forget that, every one of those starting QBs weren't young so it's now a negative? 

OK, logical complaint.

Who also Ego issues.  Knowing what he wants, shouldn't count.  I mean how could he not be happy with a slow moving, indecisive, non communicative GM.  

Thanks Dr. Phil 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No track record of working with young (NFL) QBs.  How many HCs do?  How many young HCs do?  Tannehill was old or having success with every QB he coached is meaningless, let's forget that, every one of those starting QBs weren't young so it's now a negative? 

OK, logical complaint.

Who also Ego issues.  Knowing what he wants, shouldn't count.  I mean how could he not be happy with a slow moving, indecisive, non communicative GM.  

Thanks Dr. Phil 

so you ignore the fact Tannehill went backwards with Gase as his coach and as far as issue I posted links and will post links where he screamed at Ross and ignore the article where players were going to the owner about him. I know what I want but I do not scream at my boss for it. Do you? If you think this is a way a normal person behaves you are sadly mistaken and if you try to condone this in any way you are making excuses

You are going to believe what you want no matter the evidence . My Opinion is just as valid as your and a little more so because I least I have facts and reports backing me and not a feeling. Dr Phil. we were having a conversation till you called me dr. phil what is your issue? You dont like people disagreeing with your intuition?

While you are at do read palms  how about the lotto numbers? because you are drinking the koolaid and not everyone is.

while you credit gase with tannehills supposed development his two biggest yrs were 2014 and 2015 the coaches were Philbin and Campbell

under those guys he through for over 4k yrds and 20+ td .... under gase his high was just under 3k yrds and 19 tds

So again facts do not back up your theory that Gase has worked with young qbs successfully he has not. MY point is is Manning made Gase, Manning could have made Bowles look good as well.

We whether you liked McCarthy or not he helped developed Rodgers that is a fact, he also has a winning over all record and superbowl win. Do you think people would be laughing their asses off at the Jets if he was the coach and temp gm here? At lest he has a track record of some kind of success. Where as gase has failed as a head coach and failed his way into power and temp gm/personal say in NY. That is an issue a failure that has no track record of winning working with a young QB having personal choices  as well. One or two things will happen, one he will be successful or it will be a massive train wreck. Odds are for the train wreck

https://www.thesportster.com/news/adam-gases-final-weeks-with-dolphins-was-full-of-massive-arguments-with-owner-stephan-ross/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj-76TWv6riAhX5VRUIHeIBA6kQFjABegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.miamiherald.com%2Fsports%2Fspt-columns-blogs%2Fbarry-jackson%2Farticle223482025.html&usg=AOvVaw0fIrB_SAJ4CjSdYXEjKEkp

On 5/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, DRJETS said:

Was hated by the Fins players. I hope I’m wrong but the only positive that could come out of this circus is that know nothing Macc is gone.  And to think we could had ended with McCarthy to make this franchise respectable once again.  We need LBell to be a psychopath forget about everything and play like nothing happened.

why would you assume i would agree with anything? daft.

I don't buy that the Miami players hated him.  Of course the guys who got shipped out and lost their cushy Miami Beach lifestyles bitched about him. 

Do you remember in 2003 when Tom Jackson reported that the Patriots hated their coach and had lost the locker room?  That was six championships ago.

Patriots say they don't 'Hate' Belichick

Updated: September 15, 2003, 7:11 PM ET
FOXBORO, Mass. -- The New England Patriots don't hate coach Bill Belichick.

Not that it would matter if they did.

"We're all here for a common goal, and that's to win," linebacker Willie McGinest said Monday, a day after the Patriots beat the Philadelphia Eagles 31-10.

Sunday's win helped erase the memories of last week's 31-0, season-opening loss to Buffalo. Just five days earlier, Belichick decided to cut four-time Pro Bowl safety Lawyer Milloy to make room under the salary cap; Milloy signed with the Bills and helped them shut out the Patriots.

On Sunday, ESPN's Tom Jackson reported that Patriots players were so angry about Milloy being cut that "they hate their coach." Some of the players saw the report before they left for the stadium for their late-afternoon game.

"I respect Tom Jackson, but that is one of the stupidest things I ever heard," Patriots safety Rodney Harrison said Monday. "He has no idea what we think about Belichick."

Harrison, who signed with the Patriots in the offseason after he became a salary cap casualty in San Diego, said the players are too professional to take the Milloy move personally.

"Sometimes you have to make business decisions," he said. "I was disappointed that Lawyer left, but it's business."

Belichick, a low-level assistant on the Denver staff when Jackson was playing for the Broncos, said he has spoken to Jackson recently. But asked how it felt to hear Jackson report such a thing, Belichick repeated, "I am not going to dignify the comments with any type of response."

But that's more information than the tightlipped Belichick would give out about the other big topic on Monday: injuries.

Linebacker Rosevelt Colvin limped off the field in Philadelphia in the second quarter and did not return. Center Damien Woody was not even on the active roster for the game.

Woody, who has an unspecified chest injury, said Monday he would be back at practice this week. Colvin was not in the locker room during the period it was open to the media; there was still unopened mail in his locker and his chair was folded up and put away, as it was for other injured players like Ted Johnson and Je'Rod Cherry.

"I don't think I could say that at this point," Belichick said when asked if any of the injuries were serious. "A lot of times what happens the day after the game, as we all know, is things that look serious on Sunday, don't look as serious on Monday. Some things that don't look serious on Sunday could be a little bit more of a problem on Monday."

Harrison said losing Colvin for an extended period would be a bad break for a defense that's already missing two leaders from last year.

"We've already lost our stud middle linebacker," Harrison said of Ted Johnson, who is out indefinitely with a broken foot. Colvin "was brought in because he was the best linebacker out there on the free agent market."

A Patriots spokesman said later Monday afternoon that there was no update on Colvin's injury. The first NFL injury reports aren't due until Wednesday.

"I am not trying to give you the run around," Belichick said. "I am not saying we don't have any injuries. I can't tell you right now -- any more than the doctors and the trainers can tell me -- exactly what it is or exactly what we are dealing with."

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index

16 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

All we have to rationally evaluate the man going forward is his resume.  There is nothing wrong with doing just that until he provides us a record HERE we can then evaluate.

14 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

But what I do know is that the Jet Franchise is much better off now that Bowles is no longer HC.  They are much better off without his almost universally awful supporting staff.  They’re much better off without quantifiably the worst GM in the NFL. 

Both fair points.  Bowles and Macc were both very poor picks by this franchise, and both were retained far too long, long after it was obvious to some of us that these two would never succeed.  

On 5/18/2019 at 1:52 PM, UnknownJetFan said:

DRJETS, We had to choose between the lesser of 2 evils. MacCarthy getting massage therapy and letting all the assistant coaches do his ob, or Gase. The college scene had nobody as well. If Gase doesn't work out then maybe at that point there will be more availability of better candidates. 

Fair enough.  This guy, Gase act and behave like a true psychopath.  This guy hasn’t accomplished anything and he is acting like Belicheat.   If this guy just make it to the playoffs next year, no one is going to contain this scumbag.  McCarthy resurrected Favre’s career and then went on to groom Rodgers who was passed by almost every team and winning a SB. Yet how cute everyone here comparing Gase and McCarthy career and coming up with Gase the better coach that is just laughable.  I thought the number one priority going’s  into this season was Darnolds.  It is a pretty good possibility that Darnold would be playing next season with almost the same offensive roster as last year,  if Gase trade Bell then Chowder get a hammy, we are back to year one.  L.Bell is the big playmaker darnolds needed going into his second season but it is obviously Gase preferred McGuire.