Helmet wars..

They have the Bills' helmet at #24?  I can't take that list seriously.  The Bills' helmet is one of the best in the NFL.  And I have to admit I like the Patriots' helmet a lot more than they did as well.  Also, how do they have the Seahawks at #8?  I would also move up the Colts, Giants and Bears to (probably) the top 10.  The Jets new helmet is probably around #20 for me.  Our previous one was much better, imo.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They have the Bills' helmet at #24?  I can't take that list seriously.  The Bills' helmet is one of the best in the NFL.  And I have to admit I like the Patriots' helmet a lot more than they did as well.  Also, how do they have the Seahawks at #8?  I would also move up the Colts, Giants and Bears to (probably) the top 10.  The Jets new helmet is probably around #20 for me.  Our previous one was much better, imo.

It's a laughable list tbqh, but fans will eat it up because it validates them.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not too many like the flying Elvis logo on the Pats helmet, I'm not surprised with where they placed

Also its interesting that you think a simple NY belongs top 10 but a simple Jets belongs at 20

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's a laughable list tbqh, but fans will eat it up because it validates them.  

Yup.  Any of those annoying, fan like conversation pieces that bother no one gets lost on one person.

Guess who?

Kind of like those boring coaches pressers, worse yet, GMs.  LOL

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not too many like the flying Elvis logo on the Pats helmet, I'm not surprised with where they placed

Also its interesting that you think a simple NY belongs top 10 but a simple Jets belongs at 20

Yeah that alone was most laughable. I like the new helmets, nice change from the white/green variants over the years. Different strokes I guess.

ILook, many of us wanted a "new" logo and we got just an updated version of what we had that is cleaner and a little more modern. It's conservative but works well. They want pretty daring with the color and especially finish of the helmet, which really makes it stand out. I think we have a Top 10 helmet  Some fans just want to see the old school helmets and think they are the best, but in my view they are pretty dull Colts, Chicago, Browns, are all "classic" helmets but they are just really not very good.

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

ILook, many of us wanted a "new" logo and we got just an updated version of what we had that is cleaner and a little more modern. It's conservative but works well. They want pretty daring with the color and especially finish of the helmet, which really makes it stand out. I think we have a Top 10 helmet  Some fans just want to see the old school helmets and think they are the best, but in my view they are pretty dull Colts, Chicago, Browns, are all "classic" helmets but they are just really not very good.

The NY should have been in the background. 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No article is to be taken seriously. It's  either fluff or purposely trying to start  a pointless debate. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yup.  Any of those annoying, fan like conversation pieces that bother no one gets lost on one person.

Guess who?

Kind of like those boring coaches pressers, worse yet, GMs.  LOL

Prattle on if you like, won't change how stupid that list is mate.

The Jets helmet  would be cool if I was a kid, just liking anything new that came out. But its weak in creation by adults, fir adults.

The helmet logo looks like a secondary, not primary  logo. Doesn't  matter.  The league knows it's  weak too and will change it in 5 years anyway. Maybe 3..

54 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raider helmet by far is the best helmet out there.    There is the Raiders helmet, and than  31  other teams helmets  way behind .

I wouldnt' call it best-best. Just incredibly practical. The best use of not trying too hard,  yet poignant. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Prattle on if you like, won't change how stupid that list is mate.

Its a list.  Of logos on NFL helmets.

I dont think it, or everything, has to be smart.  

Its sports nonsense, for fans to look over.  Not War and Peace

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raider helmet by far is the best helmet out there.    There is the Raiders helmet, and than  31  other teams helmets  way behind .

Thats because the logo, the whole look and attitude of the Raiders is so anti California, the product of an owner who was always a New Yorker.