It is July 21st and LeVeon Bell is already sick of you haters.

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Generally 2x, but everyone just standing there drive me nuts. This device is here to assist us up. It's not an elevator. Only thing worse is the people standing on the moving walkways at the airport. I mean, I'm a lazy person, but come on! 

The airport is a special case, though. Airlines literally torture people. If someone is standing on the people-mover with their eyes glazed over, I just assume they flew Coach from anywhere 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The trend in this league is to think that running back production can be replaced by a decent young back.  There is more value placed on having a good offensive line now in both the NFL and in college.  If the running game fails this year, it won't be because Bell lacks ability.  It will be because our last GM was a _____ moron.

Double edged sword, though, because our moron GM was the one who signed Bell, too

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Generally 2x, but everyone just standing there drive me nuts. This device is here to assist us up. It's not an elevator. Only thing worse is the people standing on the moving walkways at the airport. I mean, I'm a lazy person, but come on! 

I think it should be perfectly legal to kick those people down the escalator, unless they are either a) a geriatric or b) have a disability (and missing arms doesn't count).

• Thumb Down 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course.  Even if you use social media you don't have to read all the comments about YOU. 

The second step is realizing you don't give a rat's behind what those random people post anonymously anyway. The random guy calling him lazy probably spends eight hours a day on the couch eating new formulations of mac'n'cheese on a daily basis.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Double edged sword, though, because our moron GM was the one who signed Bell, too

I'm pretty sure Macc read an article in February that said Bell was one of the top free agents available and he said, "Oh, let's get that one."  Let's not credit Macc with some grand plan to target Le'Veon Bell at a time when he had just plunked down some decent coin for the Isaiah "buttwipe" Crowell.

The credit Macc with primarily two things - 1) Sticking to BPA early in Round 1 despite need and 2) his "all in" approach to land Sam Darnold.  For the latter I give him much more credit than most people here.  They were scouting Sam for several years, Macc was taking trips to SoCal often, they executed a quasi-tank in 2017 to get in striking distance and then Macc made a very ballsy move with a trade a full month before the Draft to get to #3.

But yeah, other than that...lots of swings and misses, and blatant negligence when it comes to the OLine.

• Upvote 1

This rant isn't about Jet fans, Bell has been roasted on Social media by Steelers fans. They are relentless because Bell didn't leave because he didn't like Pittsburgh, or Big Ben like that idiot Antonio Brown, he left because he admittedly said, I'm not gonna let these guys run me into the ground. There isn't a Steeler fan alive that doesn't know Bell is a special RB, but they are literally praying he gets hurt, or stinks with the Jets but deep down, way down deep in their heart of hearts they know DAMN WELL Lev is gonna bore another azzhole into their defense when the Steelers come to Metlife. Steeler fans have come up with every excuse as to why they're glad he left now, but that isn't stopping them from needling him every chance they get on Social Media. 

Questioning Bell is coming more from the NY sports media trying to get clicks than by Jet fans. Look what Curtis Martin did for the Jets during the Parcells years, Bell is gonna BALL OUT and get breathers from TY who's like Bell lite. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Thought for sure he’d make it to July 23rd before getting mad at the haters.

He isn’t wrong, the dude works as hard as anyone in the league yet everyone says he is fat, lazy, selfish (yeah well he probably is, but I’ve yet to meet an elite athlete who is at the top of their sport who isn’t, and I have one in my family, and everything has revolves around her from 8th grade till today as she enters her senior year in HS).

Dude is gonna ball, yes he is gonna bitch when we lose, and he doesn’t get the ball, but they all do so what.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He isn’t wrong, the dude works as hard as anyone in the league yet everyone says he is fat, lazy, selfish (yeah well he probably is, but I’ve yet to meet an elite athlete who is at the top of their sport who isn’t, and I have one in my family, and everything has revolves around her from 8th grade till today as she enters her senior year in HS).

Dude is gonna ball, yes he is gonna bitch when we lose, and he doesn’t get the ball, but they all do so what.

You don't get to the top of the mountain like Le'veon Bell, have the 2nd most yards per touch behind the great Jim Brown without being a BALLER. IM LOVING THIS SH*T because the great athletes have huge chips on their shoulders. Forget about what the fans say, how about what his TEAMMATES said? RBs get hit more than any player on the field! Sure the guys fight it out in the trenches, FROM 6" away! RB get hit at full speed, guys trying to take your legs out, gang tackles, ect. I thought it was PUNK AZZ for his teammates to turn on him after what Bell has accomplished for that organization. Players should NEVER get involved with another mans contract or livelihood, keep your mouth shut & say no comment. The NFL is a f*cking BUSINESS and no fan should forget that. It ain't the Rooneys getting cracked on the sideline by a 250 Lb LB! 

I want Lev Bell chomping at the bit for the season to start. You shut up haters by performing. I can't wait to see this guy in these new Jet Unis. Dude looks great in Stealth Black! 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The axiom is actually “champing at the bit.”

The New Dictionary; Le'veon Bell was chomping at the bit for game to start so he could be AFC East CHAMPions.  

What does it mean to be chomping at the bit?
be chomping at the bit. To be impatient and/or eager for something to happen or over some delay. Used to liken someone to an overexcited horse straining against its bit (the metal piece of the harness that fits between its jaws). I was chomping at the bit for the game to start.

Just now, Jetster said:

The New Dictionary; Le'veon Bell was chomping at the bit for game to start so he could be AFC East CHAMPions.  

What does it mean to be chomping at the bit?
be chomping at the bit. To be impatient and/or eager for something to happen or over some delay. Used to liken someone to an overexcited horse straining against its bit (the metal piece of the harness that fits between its jaws). I was chomping at the bit for the game to start.

Sorry that’s wrong 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh I didn’t realize that.  I know feel this will be super impactful in a negative manner for the Jets.  Probably eats Darnold’s face off.

Bell told Ben Roethlisberger to go f*ck himself and Roethlisberger is basically two Sam Darnolds but a juiced up alpha male power top. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bell told Ben Roethlisberger to go f*ck himself and Roethlisberger is basically two Sam Darnolds but a juiced up alpha male power top. 

Well, Big Ben won't have Bell or Brown to bail him out by just tossing it up, so we'll see how it all turns out. Without those 2 offensive stars Juju is gonna find it just a bit harder to be WIDE OPEN like he was with teams trying to stop Antonio Brown. Funny how Matt Ryan can't find open WRs when Julio goes down. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well, Big Ben won't have Bell or Brown to bail him out by just tossing it up, so we'll see how it all turns out. Without those 2 offensive stars Juju is gonna find it just a bit harder to be WIDE OPEN like he was with teams trying to stop Antonio Brown. Funny how Matt Ryan can't find open WRs when Julio goes down. 

I think it will turn out the same way it worked before Bell and Brown were there in that Roethlisberger will take other JAGs like Juju and the cancer RB and make them All-Pros 

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wait, you’re taking Big Ben in the lesser of two scumbags competition? You’re repulsive 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2