AJ Green Injures Foot

Ghost

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOX19Joe/status/1155197003611148289?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I love hearing the good news about Darnold, Bell, and our other players. However, the most important thing is the safety for our players. I pray we are injury free. 

That foot is the single reason that AJ will never be as good as he could have been, statistically.  So sad.  Dude is a freak who will be best known for not being able to stay healthy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

One of the reasons I don’t do Fantasy Football anymore. 

Well, I only did it twice and found it boring but both years I had AJ Green and both years he was injured and barely played. 

Don’t blame FF for you not understanding how to play. 

FF is all about how well you play the waiver wire.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t blame FF for you not understanding how to play. 

FF is all about how well you play the waiver wire.

I don’t blame FF. I did it as a charity thing, really hated it, found it boring. Never should have done it  

I also don’t like video games but I don’t blame them for sucking. 

Personal preference. My son loves it and consults with me from week to week in waiver claims. He won his league 2 years ago.

I get it. Trillions of people like FF.

Trillions also like Justin Bieber, doesn’t make it right.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t blame FF. I did it as a charity thing, really hated it, found it boring. Never should have done it  

Personal preference. My son loves it and consults with me from week to week in waiver claims. He won his league 2 years ago.

Fair enough lol.

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm in 3 FF leagues.  We've learned to NEVER have a fantasy draft before the 3rd preseason game.  In fact, we usually have our draft on the Sunday before the season starts (Thursday Night Game).

This! Preseason is too stressful if you draft early. We incorporate this same thing in all my leagues too

19 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Well, I only did it twice and found it boring but both years I had AJ Green and both years he was injured and barely played.  

Sounds like you're just not very good at fantasy football. 

19 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If you get good at it, you enjoy it.  Pretty simple. 

And if your leagues aren't playing for money, or at least playing amongst friends who talk trash, it makes sense that it gets a bit boring. 

It's more about the social aspect than anything else.  I've been in a league with the same dudes for about a decade.  We do a live draft with a board and have a blast.  Pretty dorky, yes, but also a ton of fun. 

20 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I have a related problem with FF... except my issue is drafting terribly 

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sounds like you're just not very good at fantasy football. 

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you get good at it, you enjoy it.  Pretty simple. 

And if your leagues aren't playing for money, or at least playing amongst friends who talk trash, it makes sense that it gets a bit boring. 

It's more about the social aspect than anything else.  I've been in a league with the same dudes for about a decade.  We do a live draft with a board and have a blast.  Pretty dorky, yes, but also a ton of fun. 

Maybe you missed my point. 

I find it boring. 

And I did it with friends and the trash talk and all of the social aspects. 

Maybe I’m in a minority but I prefer football solely for the entertainment value it gives ME. I don’t need to bet on it, I don’t need some peripheral or tangential noise to enjoy my football. It adds nothing. And I get that trillions of people love it, even if I was a master at it I still wouldn’t enjoy it. Has nothing to do with me being “bad” at it. And I actually wasn’t bad at it, I just didn't enjoy it. 

Besides, rooting for a player to do well but a team to lose is incongruous to me. Rooting for my player against my Jets to get 3 catches for 30 yards but not enough so he can beat us seems...stupid. 

You know what I’m not very good at but I enjoy tremendously? Golf. With friends. The social aspect of it. Busting balls. And I never bet. 

Actually, I don’t gamble at all on any sport so whether there was money or just bragging rights involved, I still wouldn’t enjoy it. 

That’s just me. I’m not suggesting FF sucks or is bad or anything like that. I just don’t enjoy it. 

• Upvote 1

Oh and possibly the worst part is having to listen to FF players tell you the same exact story week after week about how “all I need is Zeke to get me 16 points tonite” or “holy crap I just lost my top 2 WRs” or some such nonsense. 

You have no idea how boring these stories are to people who don’t give a sh*t about FF. 

Like if I told you every Monday around the water cooler about how “I hit a 2 iron straight to the pin and it bounced off the stick” or how “I hit a 70 foot putt with 6 breaks” and you didn’t give a sh*t about golf, it would get pretty boring for you. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Well said and I was playing FF before it was cool. So there.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41071126-4&fbclid=IwAR2ySq1jWEJ8olLvtvBKZjiwiOuYvjK8QPMSAfjObl6RfN27HWr9uC_l-8Q

An MRI revealed that Bengals’ WR A.J. Green has torn ligaments in his left ankle that is likely to sideline him six to eight weeks, source tells ESPN. Green is not expected to be ready for the regular-season opener at Seattle.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fschefter_adam.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Adam Schefter, ESPN Senior Writer2h ago

36 minutes ago, jetsons said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41071126-4&fbclid=IwAR2ySq1jWEJ8olLvtvBKZjiwiOuYvjK8QPMSAfjObl6RfN27HWr9uC_l-8Q

An MRI revealed that Bengals’ WR A.J. Green has torn ligaments in his left ankle that is likely to sideline him six to eight weeks, source tells ESPN. Green is not expected to be ready for the regular-season opener at Seattle.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fschefter_adam.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Adam Schefter, ESPN Senior Writer2h ago

That's only if he opts for surgery.  If he doesn't, it will all be about pain management and avoiding re-injuring the ankle:

#Bengals star WR A.J. Green will get a second opinion on the ankle injury he suffered in practice last night, source said. No surgery for now, but he’ll get additional information before deciding how to proceed.