Training Camp Tweets (8/6)

3 hours ago, CTM said:

That  assumes he wasn't already looking for the pictures. I think it was altruistic, Hey guys, look what I fapped to today maybe you will want to fap to it too

Be like letting someone a hunger strike picking the menu for a party. Hmmmm,  might be upside on the on the quantity aspect ,  not sure they would really know what really really taste good. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Meh, doubt it.  I mean, those dudes are shot.  Crabtree is terrible.  Legit, terrible.  Garcon or Wallace could be intriguing if they had something left in the tank but how much chemistry could Sam really develop at this point with them?  

Between Anderson>Enunwa>Crowder>Burnett>Dortch>Bellamy.   I think they're deep enough to not hit the panic button. Or since JD is good at convincing guys to come out of retirement, maybe call Doug Baldwin?   lol

No mention of White? I think he's having a pretty good camp.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Is this what being  “in the league” looks like? 

only technically, kinda. 

again, nerve sounds bad, sounds like, um, he'll reinjure it easily, chronic pain and chronic injury for a guy that has to tackle for a living? sounds like a losing proposition to me.

37 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Am I the only one that finds these Waszak tweets with all the emojis ridiculous and annoying? Not shooting the messanger, just the original source. Like WTF, guy?

No, thank god I'm not alone.  It was hurting my brain trying to figure out what they represent.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  I believe Douglas is close to trading him for a 4th or 5th round pick.  

Quinnen williams has showed more in 3 practices then williams has in his entire career.  Good riddance.

I’d trade you for genital herpes. 

• Haha 2

Jets training camp report: Quinnen Williams, Jachai Polite trending up

Andy Vasquez, NFL writer Published 3:17 p.m. ET Aug. 6, 2019 | Updated 3:21 p.m. ET Aug. 6, 2019

Jets writer Andy Vasquez takes on what to expect from the Jets when the open the preseason Thursday night against the Giants. Andy Vasquez, Staff Writer, @andy_vasquez

FLORHAM PARK -- An injury and an absence gave Jets' rookie defensive tackle Quinnen Williams a chance to break into the first team rotation. 

And he's making the most of his opportunity. 

Williams got significant reps with the first team Monday, with both Leonard Williams (hip) and Steve McLendon (personal) missing practice. McLendon returned Tuesday, but Williams still was a main part of the first-team rotation and made his first big play against the starting offense: he split a double team for a sack of quarterback Sam Darnold. 

"I think it shows our depth," Jets coach Adam Gase said. "I think [Monday[, you saw that, where those guys, they were missing ... and all of a sudden, not much of a drop-off. That's a good sign for us. Anytime our guys can go, our younger guys with the ones and guys that haven't had as much experience in that area and they can play well and they can make it difficult for our one offense, it's a good sign for us as a team." 

Gase wasn't interested in tamping down expectations when asked if Williams, the No. 3 overall pick in April's draft, could can make an impact this season. He believes the answer to that question is obvious. 

"Do you think he could make an impact? He looks pretty good in practice," Gase said, implying that he's clearly confident about where Williams is at in his development. "He looks pretty good in practice. So, I'm going to say, our guys, our young players that have shown they've been practicing well, I think that those guys can really help us. We're looking for guys day-in and day-out to see if they affect practice in a positive way, then they're probably going to help us in games."

Jachai Polite stepping up

New York Jets' Jachai Polite participates in a practice at the NFL football team's training camp in Florham Park, N.J., Friday, July 26, 2019. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig) (Photo: AP)

Linebacker Jachai Polite's slow start to training camp is officially a thing of the past. Polite had an impressive practice Monday, recording three sacks -- that was after breaking out during Saturday's team scrimmage. And on Tuesday, he got the majority of his reps with the second-teamers.

It's a sure sign that the third-round pick, who the Jets drafted as an edge-rushing threat, is beginning to grasp the defensive playbook. The next test for Polite comes against the Giants, where he figures to get plenty of reps. 

Marcus Maye update

Safety Marcus Maye's status is still in question as the Jets prepare to play their first preseason game. Gase said Tuesday that Maye is dealing with a nerve injury as he recovers from shoulder surgery in late 2018. That's why the recovery has taken so long and the return timetable is cloudy. 

Gase said he had "no idea" when Maye will be able to return and it's up to the doctors to give the go-ahead. Gase said the Jets would like to get the 2017 second-round pick on the field before the start of the regular season, but they're not going to allow him return before the strength in his shoulder and arm is where it needs to be.  

"Once he gets out there, we want him to be able to stay out there," Gase said. "And that's why we're just listening to the doctors. He's doing everything he can, there's nothing he can do about this."

Other injuries

Receiver Quincy Enunwa left practice with a groin injury and did not return. Gase said Enunwa would be undergoing medical tests later Tuesday, but he did not sound overly concerned about the severity of the injury.

"He was trying to go back in practice," Gase said. "I think we're just making sure that he's OK." 

Leonard Williams did not practice for the second consecutive day as he deals with hip irritation. Gase said the Jets are just being cautious with Williams, who did some work on a low-impact AlterG treadmill Tuesday, according to the coach. 

"He's just kind of sore and we're just being smart with him," Gase said. "I think he'll be alright next week."

Email: vasqueza@northjersey.com 

• Upvote 2

Jets Practice Report: Jamal Adams Itching for Game Action

IMG_6717-greenberg-head
Ethan Greenberg

Team Reporter

E_SZ3_0643-adams-practice-report-thumb_edited-1

The playcards made their training camp debut Tuesday, a clear sign that gameday is approaching. After nine padded practices, safety Jamal Adams and the Jets are ready to hit a team wearing different colors.

“I don’t care who you line up, I’m going to hit you. I love it,” Adams said with a smile.

For the second straight day, the defense locked down the offense in practice, holding the unit to two scores. While the defense seems to be finding its groove, Adams feels the group needs to focus on its communication in the preseason.

“We’re not close to where we want to be,” he said. “We have to be in better shape. We just want to continue to do that. You see us running gassers, up-downs, a little bit of everything. I know we’re going to be in shape. I can tell you that, that’s one thing we will be in. But we have to continue to get better at flying to the ball, being violent at the point of attack, attacking the ball and making plays.”

The third-year safety continues to lead both vocally and by example. The Green & White have a daily conditioning period at the end of practice where the players run from one sideline to the other and back, and Adams frequently leads the pack for the skill players. And on Tuesday, you could hear Adams from MetLife Stadium as he ran across the field, screaming, after Doug Middleton picked off Luke Falk to end the final team period. Two plays prior, rookie Blake Cashman laid the wood on undrafted free agent Greg Dortch, which fired Adams and the rest of the defenders up on the sideline.

“We’re always competing out there, talking noise and having fun, but getting better,” he said. “That’s the main thing. As long as both sides are working to achieve their goal, we’ll be fine.”

Tezmania
With Marcus Maye still on the Physically Unable to Perform list because of a nerve injury in his shoulder, Rontez Miles has lined up with the starters throughout training camp.

“Tez has been doing phenomenal, man,” Adams said. “His post play is one of the best that we’ve seen here. He’s flying around the ball, he’s communicating, he’s working on his tackling. He’s become better at his angles and what not. We’re just excited to see him back out there.”

Miles, a fifth-year veteran who originally worked his way onto the roster due to his special teams prowess, feels like defensive coordinator Gregg Williams’ system fits him perfectly.

“He doesn’t care if you’re the best athlete or the worst athlete,” Miles said. “Everything I stand for is what he practices and what he preaches. It’s everything. I feel like he’s going to have a lot of guys that are going to want to do the dirty work and also contribute wherever they can to help win.

“Gregg has a system where you have to buy in. He’s a roughing-it type of guy. That’s my mentality. That fits me perfectly. I love the system and I’m looking to just keep growing.”

RGRUlJ0j_bigger.jpg
Tune in tonight at 6pm!!
Quote Tweet

5rZSoFY5_normal.jpg
Glenn Naughton

@AceFan23
· 52m
Tune in to @JetNationRadio tonight at 6pm to hear @MMehtaNYDN offer up his take on camp thus far with @NYJetsLife24 chiming in with his observations from camp as well. Link is here -->(link: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2019/08/06/manish-mehta-joins-glenn-and-alex-to-talk-darnold-leo-and-camp-updates) blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2019… and you can call in at 646-716-4697.

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

1fq5nIRS_bigger.jpg
Blake Cashman just crushed Greg Dortch on a short pass, preventing a completion. #Jets

So... He can run, he can catch, he can cover AND he can hit. From someone already considered a ST stud. This kid gets a sack or two and I might not he able to hold my hopes back much longer 

• Upvote 1