Rex: Daniel Jones is the best QB in NY (Rex merged)

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Strange.  I thought we weren't allowed to make any excuses for young QB's around here.  

Only Sam.  Guy has had one int (ONE!) in his last 5 games combined....Danny TO has that for breakfast!!

and if you watched any of that game last night and saw the amount of time the turnover machine had last night!?!?!?!  holy crap!  if Sam could have just half that time....my God.  The kid was setting up for a picnic back there and still turning the ball over like crazy.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Strange.  I thought we weren't allowed to make any excuses for young QB's around here.  

"we" didn't though, did "we"?

If you had taken a second to digest what you read before you got your panties in a knot again, You would've realized "we"were talking about what Giants fans "we" know have been saying today, not what "we" were.

You're becoming quite lazy in your attempts at snark 80. You can do better.

19 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Only Sam.  Guy has had one int (ONE!) in his last 5 games combined....Danny TO has that for breakfast!!

and if you watched any of that game last night and saw the amount of time the turnover machine had last night!?!?!?!  holy crap!  if Sam could have just half that time....my God.  The kid was setting up for a picnic back there and still turning the ball over like crazy.

Nobody even mentioned Sam though, did they? Except you and 80 (in his snarky voice).

Gosh, you guys are so afraid of other young  QBs. There's no need to tear them down to make you feel better about ours.

Don't worry, Darnold will be fine.

Prediction as to which QB Rex would have ranked as the best QB in the 2018 draft?

My money is on Josh Allen becasue he has "measurables", and we know Rex loves measurables.  I can just hear Rex saying how Josh can throw the ball 80 yards, from his knees, .... falling backwards, ..... while eating a taco, ...... 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:30 AM, GeraldSowell33 said:

I probably agree with him at this point. Very disappointing week to be a Jets fan. 

Its very disappointing to be a Jets fan, period.  However to say that because Daniel Jones looks like the real deal is sill.  I have no doubts, Sam Darnold will be a top 10 QB throughout his career as will Daniel Jones - they both have "it" as well as the physical talent to be that good.  What will set them apart over the years to come will be the talent that surrounds them.  Darius Slayton ( and what a find he was), Evan Engram and Golden Tate are each better than any receiver the Jets have.  Not to mention the Giant OL is light years better than the Jets.  Before we give up tho, lets see what a healthy 2nd year version of Sam can do.  In spite of our pathetic roster, I believe Sam will give us a lot to cheer about throughout the remainder of the season,

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

Jones had a bad game, but he'll be fine. Don't think he'll ever be an elite guy, but I expect him to be good.

If you look at the numbers through his first 4, they line up perfectly with Darnold's which I found interesting.

Jones has to learn how to read a defense, something I believe Sam has learned.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Prediction as to which QB Rex would have ranked as the best QB in the 2018 draft?

My money is on Josh Allen becasue he has "measurables", and we know Rex loves measurables.  I can just hear Rex saying how Josh can throw the ball 80 yards, from his knees, .... falling backwards, ..... while eating a taco, ...... 

....inaccurately....

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You're right he has said all along that he thinks Allen will be the best of the group.

Making me feel that much more confident about Sam.