Rex: Daniel Jones is the best QB in NY (Rex merged)

11 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing. Footwork is the result of training and repitition on drop backs and foot placement when throwing.  I'm not talking about that. I'm talking pocket awareness. There were several sacks where he did not seem to feel the pressure coming. He stood tall in the pocket and took quite a few big hits, when othere QBs would have felt the pressure and step to the side or up, or even just thrown the ball at the feet of a covered receiver.

Hey, its only one game and I could be completely wrong becasue I've never watched him play before, but I did watch the whole game (and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night).

PS. I just checked scouting reports and they do say he has good pocket awareness. So, maybe I am wrong. But, they also say he holds the ball too long. Maybe that is what I am seeing. To me, taking a hit becasue you are holding the ball too long is a distinction without a difference from pocket awareness.

I’m talking about his footwork in the pocket

15 hours ago, New York Mick said:

They didn’t start out in NJ and you avoid the question  

So if the teams started playing and practicing in  NJ they’d still be called NY? No they’d be called NJ. 

Nobody cares about NYC except the people there and no one identifies with it so that’s a useless point. And the Cowboys play in Texas, Dallas is in Texas. East Rutherford isn’t in NYC or NY. East Orchard is in NY, NYC is in NY not NJ. DC isn’t a state. 

Red Bull’s?

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Can you get it from licking feet? Asking for an ex coach. 

ha ha.  I tuned in at the end of the ciant game and saw Jones standing on the 7 and no one was between him and the gold line.  Suddenly a light went on in my head.  I have seen this before.  But Rex thinks Jones is brilliant.  And Rex knows QBs.  I know TBs myself and he is an idiot.  Not taking anything away form Jones though for taking advantave of that stupidity.  I just do not leap him to superstardom because of it.  Giants still should have lost.  They really stink

Daniel Jones looks great, but this is just Rex throwing lame punches at the two teams to fire him because that’s all he’s got left in life. He’s never getting another NFL job and, unless he’s taking shots at his former employers, he brings less than zero to NFL broadcasts. An absolute loser.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

21 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

24/35 (69%), 341 yards, 9.7 YPA, 3 TDs. That’s Darnold’s stat line going toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers last year. Better passing numbers and he didn’t lose two fumbles or throw a would be pick 6 into any defender’s mitts. He was also a year younger at the time of that game than Jones was yesterday. Until Jones has a game like that Sam is the best and Jones is all hype.

See how silly this is? Probably not actually.

What did he do vs New England in week 17

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Daniel Jones looks great, but this is just Rex throwing lame punches at the two teams to fire him because that’s all he’s got left in life. He’s never getting another NFL job and, unless he’s taking shots at his former employers, he brings less than zero to NFL broadcasts. An absolute loser.  

Give the Bills credit...they figured that out in about 20 games, not 6 years.?

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Rex is a prisoner of the moment. 

Recall his last few seasons here and his last in Buffalo, when his defense was found out. He never cared even for a moment about scoring points, always about his defense. He's a damaged ship going in circles, going nowhere. 

On 9/23/2019 at 5:34 PM, JetFaninMI said:

More stupid azz Junc Logic. New York Is New York. Buffalo is in NY. I call your response stupid because in your own response you say the best in NY means the best of the NYC area teams. THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE New Jersey does it? Because the Jets play in New Jersey as you well know.  This a prime example of Junc Logic. Dumbest friggin pile of sh*t I ever heard. Don't bother responding because it will just be more of the same. This is a prime example of needing an eff off button.

You don't understand what this area is all about, I would tell you to stop embarrassing yourself but you seem to be comfortable doing it on a daily basis.

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, New York Mick said:

They didn’t start out in NJ and you avoid the question  

So if the teams started playing and practicing in  NJ they’d still be called NY? No they’d be called NJ. 

Nobody cares about NYC except the people there and no one identifies with it so that’s a useless point. And the Cowboys play in Texas, Dallas is in Texas. East Rutherford isn’t in NYC or NY. East Orchard is in NY, NYC is in NY not NJ. DC isn’t a state. 

Are the cowboys called the "Texas Cowboys"? 

The Jets and Giants (and Yankees, Mets, rangers) are all named after NYC not NYS.  This is not that hard folks.

Back to Daniel Jones, isn't it amazing how much better they look with him over Eli?  And they look better despite all the injuries and suspensions.  But, but, but Eli had good numbers last year so he was good ?. People need to watch football rather than just look at meaningless, out of context numbers.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You don't understand what this area is all about, I would tell you to stop embarrassing yourself but you seem to be comfortable doing it on a daily basis.

Lol. More Junc Logic. Once again same old bullsh*t. Your opinions are not fact as you seem to believe. One day you may realize this but I doubt it.  Keep going on living in your little world while the rest of us go on in the real world.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, Mastenpark said:

Fool I saw more out of that 1 Daniel Jones start than I’ve seen in Darnold whole career. Don’t be mad 

Josh Allen is your teams QB. Darnold is ours. Currently, Daniel Jones is absolutely the best QB in NY. If I chose to be mad about that then we can only wonder why your not madder. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Josh Allen is your teams QB. Darnold is ours. Currently, Daniel Jones is absolutely the best QB in NY. If I chose to be mad about that then we can only wonder why your not madder. 

Yes, i like allen but yesterday showed he hasnt improved at all over last year.  The minute he faces a good team he collapses.

You have to be concerned if your a bills fan after yesterday.  There is not much growth btwn years 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Are the cowboys called the "Texas Cowboys"? 

The Jets and Giants (and Yankees, Mets, rangers) are all named after NYC not NYS.  This is not that hard folks.

You’re correct it’s not that hard. Dallas is in Texas, Arlington is also in Texas. If the Cowboys wanted to they could call themselves the Texas Cowboys because they play in the state of Texas. The Jets and Giants do not play in NYC city or even in the state of NY so they’re not in NY (should the Devils be called the NY Devils?) so Buffalo is the only football team in NY. 

New Jersey not NYC or NY get $6 million (?) a year from the Giants and Jets. 

How many NBA teams are in NJ?

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The entire giants team looks better with jones in there.  Its amazing what leadership and good qb play can do for a team.

Jones is having the same effect chad pennington had when he was inserted over vinny in 2002.  

Daniel Jones is a special player.

In one post on this page you chastise Josh Allen for "collapsing" against good defenses.

On the same page, you call the Daniel Jones "special", when all he has done is play the Washington and and Tampa defenses, both in the bottom 5 of defensive ranking in 2019.

As usual, your comments on this board are arbitrary and capricious.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

In one post on this page you chastise Josh Allen for "collapsing" against good defenses.

On the same page, you call the Daniel Jones "special", when all he has done is play the Washington and and Tampa defenses, both in the bottom 5 of defensive ranking in 2019.

As usual, your comments on this board are arbitrary and capricious.

First off, please dont use words like capricious when replying to me.  I dont understand big words like that you intellectual svengali you.

Secondly, if you cant see that Daniel Jones is special and there is a huge difference btwn him and josh allen, i cant help you.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

First off, please dont use words like capricious when replying to me.  I dont understand big words like that you intellectual svengali you.

Secondly, if you cant see that Daniel Jones is special and there is a huge difference btwn him and josh allen, i cant help you.

Yeah, 2 games of special. I will wait until teams actually have film on which to scheme against him, before I anoint him anything.

It is not how you start in this league in terms of how your future will be decided. It how you adjust, after teams have a chance to scheme you.