Rex: Daniel Jones is the best QB in NY (Rex merged)

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s kinda true, Jones with a come from behind Victory in his first start.

Mean while Sam is out with teen kissing disease. The guys got a lot to prove to me and the fan base. At this time my confidence in him as taken a major knock.

Since mono can take a long time to recover from, I’d sooner not see Darnold until he’s 100%. This season is over any way.

you can also get mono if someone drinks from your water bottle who has the virus. it is not a teen kissing disease

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  think that's  the point. Didn't  you say Allen doesn't  play in NY? That isn't  true. They don't  play in the bay Metro area but neither do the jets or Giants. Go try telling someone who lives in East Rutherford  they live in the NU Metro area. They will probably look at you like you're from Mars

NY as in NYC not NYS, he does not play in or near NYC which is what prior refer to when talking about "New York teams".

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Ryan also didn't give a flying f___ about the OL either. Coples, Lee, the Lousville Slugger, et al. So spare us all the wonders of Rex Ryan and NFL football. 

Damien Woody, Brandon Moore, Nick Mangold, Faneca/Slauson, Brick.

That's the OL that got us to two AFCCGs, then Tannenbaum dismantled the offense to sign Santonio Holmes who never played a meaningful season after that.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

You are confused, they were not called "New York" because they played in New York State, it was because they played and represented NYC.  They still represent NYC and they play a few miles from NYC.

So if the teams started playing and practicing in  NJ they’d still be called NY? No they’d be called NJ. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

So if the teams started playing and practicing in  NJ they’d still be called NY? No they’d be called NJ. 

They do play and practice in NJ, in the NYC metro area.  I don't know how many times I have to explain the difference btw NYC and NYS.  No one cares about the Buffalo bills around here, they are not a home team.  People around the NYC area do not identify with those in Western NY.  NY is a big state and NYC is best 2 neighboring States.  Just like the bills don't play in Buffalo, the Redskins don't play in DC (I never here anyone call them the Maryland redskins), the cowboys don't play in Dallas, ...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Do you guys understand what "New York" in "New York Jets" represents?  We are not the New York State Jets, it represents NYC and the surrounding areas.  The "best in NY" means the best of the NYC area teams.

The Bills are not and never have been a local team.

More stupid azz Junc Logic. New York Is New York. Buffalo is in NY. I call your response stupid because in your own response you say the best in NY means the best of the NYC area teams. THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE New Jersey does it? Because the Jets play in New Jersey as you well know.  This a prime example of Junc Logic. Dumbest friggin pile of sh*t I ever heard. Don't bother responding because it will just be more of the same. This is a prime example of needing an eff off button.

33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They do play and practice in NJ, in the NYC metro area.  I don't know how many times I have to explain the difference btw NYC and NYS.  No one cares about the Buffalo bills around here, they are not a home team.  People around the NYC area do not identify with those in Western NY.  NY is a big state and NYC is best 2 neighboring States.  Just like the bills don't play in Buffalo, the Redskins don't play in DC (I never here anyone call them the Maryland redskins), the cowboys don't play in Dallas, ...

They didn’t start out in NJ and you avoid the question  

So if the teams started playing and practicing in  NJ they’d still be called NY? No they’d be called NJ. 

Nobody cares about NYC except the people there and no one identifies with it so that’s a useless point. And the Cowboys play in Texas, Dallas is in Texas. East Rutherford isn’t in NYC or NY. East Orchard is in NY, NYC is in NY not NJ. DC isn’t a state. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Rex needs to stfu!!!! He was good for two years and everything after that was flat-out embarrassing. There's a reason he's unemployed I don't know why anybody is asking his stupid opinion and things like that. LOL! And those types of things. And things, and stuff. Go away Rex

Rex Ryan is great on ESPN the NFL needs a sports commentator like him. 

10 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Rex needs to stfu!!!! He was good for two years and everything after that was flat-out embarrassing. There's a reason he's unemployed I don't know why anybody is asking his stupid opinion and things like that. LOL! And those types of things. And things, and stuff. Go away Rex

Even after the 2 AFCGs Rex had two 8-8 seasons (one in which he greatly overachieved) one bad season in which the owner meddled and traded for Tebow and one in which the GM refused to sign any corners despite $30 million in cap room

Everyone gets excuses but Rex

8 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

So was Browning Nagle's first NFL game - just sayin . 

He may end up a great QB, but he will regress in his effectiveness now that teams have a full game on tape and can game plan for him. His athelticism is a plus becasue he made quite a few big plays with his legs once he decided to run.  But, I have questions about his pocket awareness. He's a big guy who stands like a statute in the pocket until he decides to run. I really didn't see many, if any, instances of him feeling pressure and sliding to get time to throw. Look for teams to predominantly play him two ways: 1) zone coverage with 3 rushers and a spy/zone LB in the short middle; 2) blitzes, both heavy and uncoventional (Safeties and Corners), with press man coverage. 

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

He may end up a great QB, but he will regress in his effectiveness now that teams have a full game on tape and can game plan for him. His athelticism is a plus becasue he made quite a few big plays with his legs once he decided to run.  But, I have questions about his pocket awareness. He's a big guy who stands like a statute in the pocket until he decides to run. I really didn't see many, if any, instances of him feeling pressure and sliding to get time to throw. Look for teams to predominantly play him two ways: 1) zone coverage with 3 rushers and a spy/zone LB in the short middle; 2) blitzes, both heavy and uncoventional (Safeties and Corners), with press man coverage. 

Disagree Jones has good footwork

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Plus he's now losing Barkley for up to 8 weeks which really gives the opposing defenses 1 less major weapon to worry about. They won't have to stack the box , this upcoming game may not be a big test as the Skins are a hot mess , but after that it won't be so easy. 

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Disagree Jones has good footwork

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing. Footwork is the result of training and repitition on drop backs and foot placement when throwing.  I'm not talking about that. I'm talking pocket awareness. There were several sacks where he did not seem to feel the pressure coming. He stood tall in the pocket and took quite a few big hits, when othere QBs would have felt the pressure and step to the side or up, or even just thrown the ball at the feet of a covered receiver.

Hey, its only one game and I could be completely wrong becasue I've never watched him play before, but I did watch the whole game (and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night).

PS. I just checked scouting reports and they do say he has good pocket awareness. So, maybe I am wrong. But, they also say he holds the ball too long. Maybe that is what I am seeing. To me, taking a hit becasue you are holding the ball too long is a distinction without a difference from pocket awareness.