Love my Box Safety

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s like talking to a child.  I repeated pretty much everythink you said and you didn’t get that.  Came back for more.  You told me to STFU because as a child that was better than making your point.  He celebrates in loses.  The pats game.  Like the pick six.  Missed That. 

season has proven me to be right, one of the few on the board who actually understands the game and who got what we lost with Darnold out.  Nothing is wearing on me

What in the hell are you talking about? Did you ride the short bus as a kid?  You sound like you are drunk off your azz. Your post makes no sense, it's all fragments.  Tell you what. Why don't you find a nice big pile of sand, take a hammer, and pound all that sand right up the old Hershey Highway. Okay my whiney little friend? Either way I don't give a damn what you think. You're a raving a-hole who needs a timeout. Go stand in the corner.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

What in the hell are you talking about? Did you ride the short bus as a kid?  You sound like you are drunk off your azz. Your post makes no sense, it's all fragments.  Tell you what. Why don't you find a nice big pile of sand, take a hammer, and pound all that sand right up the old Hershey Highway. Okay my whiney little friend? Either way I don't give a damn what you think. You're a raving a-hole who needs a timeout. Go stand in the corner.

Please STFU and move on.  You sound like a pissed off child.  Im done, not arguing with an internet punk.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Fun fact about safeties: If you've got a MVP QB that hangs 50 points a game, an average safety gets you by just fine.

Who "hangs" 50pts a game? Even the great Pat Mahomes has been struggling.

But I get what your saying. Troy Palamolu, Rodney Harrison, Steve Atwater, John Lynch, Brian Dawkins, Ronnie Lott, Eric Berry et. al. Any old average safety could have been put in their spots and their teams would have been the same in the W and L columns.

The simply fact is great D's have great players at all levels. I don't think the Anti-Jamal Front (AJL) has any real understanding of the repsonsibilities of a Safety in the NFL.  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, prime21 said:

Adams has never been called a trash talker and he always talks about the team and uses "we" a lot.  I never heard opponents or announcers say anything negative about his talking.

He's one of the leaders of the Jets and gets a lot of mic time with the media.  So yes he talks and yes he yells.  Good for him.

If he's talking a lot then you must be listening.  

Exactly. I'm always baffled when people can't seem to understand the difference between someone who talks and an a$$hole talker.  He's not a punk. He's just a guy who talks. He's rock solid and a team leader. He's a great face of the D and only wants to win. That's it. I can understand arguments about him not being Polomalu or someone like that but he's a very good player with the passion to win. I don't get the problem.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Without Maye we lose yesterday.  He had two solo tackles on Zeke Elliott in the open field that took away huge gains/touchdowns. Great player!  Not as flashy as Jamal, but does a ton out there.

My post wasn't intended to be a criticism of Maye, more of an observation. He's putting himself in position to get INT's, just hasn't been able to pull them in yet. If he starts picking them off it could be a bid deal.

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Who "hangs" 50pts a game? Even the great Pat Mahomes has been struggling.

But I get what your saying. Troy Palamolu, Rodney Harrison, Steve Atwater, John Lynch, Brian Dawkins, Ronnie Lott, Eric Berry et. al. Any old average safety could have been put in their spots and their teams would have been the same in the W and L columns.

The simply fact is great D's have great players at all levels. I don't think the Anti-Jamal Front (AJL) has any real understanding of the repsonsibilities of a Safety in the NFL.  

My favorite example was Sanders for the Colts.  With him their D was top of the league.  Without him the D struggled.  Remember how that was a key to their success.  

Now its a non premium position

As is interior DL, inside LB

6 of the 11 defensive positions and non premium positions.  amazing

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If he's near the LOS on 30+ % of the snaps, he's doing it wrong in the modern NFL.  It's nice when he makes plays like he did yesterday like his A-gap blitz.  But as Shane pointed out, the rest of the secondary quietly did its job covering receivers yesterday. 

If you want him to play like a linebacker and  try to get pressure on the QB, great, that's a need.  But let's stop pretending like Adams does all the things you need from a Safety in the NFL in 2019.  He simply doesn't.  I watch him play.  He's consistently a step slow in coverage, especially on throws over the middle where he's patrolling.  And when he freelances near the LOS, it puts stress on the rest of the secondary if we can't get to the QB.  

This was literally the first game in his career where he made plays that directly led to a win.  I'm happy that finally happened.  But his playstyle simply isn't sustainable.  And those who are firmly against trading him need to justify how they can watch the Offensive Line play and ever argue Jamal is anything more than the 9th or 10th most important player on this team.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now its a non premium position

As is interior DL, inside LB

6 of the 11 defensive positions and non premium positions.  amazing

Do the math.  We've invested heavily in Safeties, DT's and ILB's, and are 10-27 since 2017.  Nor has our defense been anything close to elite in the span.  And our HC got the guy who made those decisions fired.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Do the math.  We've invested heavily in Safeties, DT's and ILB's, and are 10-27 since 2017.  Nor has our defense been anything close to elite in the span.  And our HC got the guy who made those decisions fired.  

You do the math 

None of this means they havent played well or are a non premium position that doenst add a thing to the team

They would have been worse than 10-27 is a comeback that you cant disprove anymore than I can disprove theyre the reason for 10-27

There are 11 players on D and the reason they havent been elite is because of the only pro bowl level player on the D?

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My post wasn't intended to be a criticism of Maye, more of an observation. He's putting himself in position to get INT's, just hasn't been able to pull them in yet. If he starts picking them off it could be a bid deal.

He will eventually.  As you said he's in the right position.  What I was impressed with was him single handedly bringing down Zeke Elliott on two potentially huge runs.  That's not a trivial contribution bringing a top 3 RB down in the open field.   INTs are nice, but there's more to the game. 

Walk away people. Walk away use the ignore feature. Another 10 reported posts. I am dealing with the site being hacked (front page) so I don't have time for any of this right now. So we are just going to ban people for personal attacks, fighting, just don't have the time to sort out who started it.

Walk away.

• Upvote 1