Jamal Adams made a game changing play

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The problem is that Adams plays his heart out every game and that included those four blowouts to start the season when the Jets were the worst team in the league. It doesn’t matter how hard Adams plays every week because he’s not factoring into wins and losses, and you shouldn’t spend top-six picks on a guy like that. That’s what’s at issue. 

You can say the same thing about every position besides QB. What good is an elite pass rusher or stud HB in a blowout? 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The problem is that Adams plays his heart out every game and that included those four blowouts to start the season when the Jets were the worst team in the league. It doesn’t matter how hard Adams plays every week because he’s not factoring into wins and losses, and you shouldn’t spend top-six picks on a guy like that. That’s what’s at issue. 

The Jets suck at drafting...the last regime especially...no sh*t...no reason to hate the player no matter whether you like the slot he was drafted.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You could replace Adams name with Barry Sanders....  or Julio Jones this year, Jalen Ramsey, Von Miller, Ju Ju, Saquon, on and on and on this year..  all your supposed IMPAKT players.

Stop pretending that any 1 player - other than a top shelf QB - can swing the record as dramatically as you expect Jamal to.  It's the argument of a 9 year old..  I expect that from guys like 80 and Creepy but you occasionally create a post that makes me think you have a brain in your skull.

occasionally.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OK, but none of that has anything to do with Adams, he didn't force the Jets to draft him where they did. I think everyone realizes that a Mahomes, Watson or McCaffery would have added more value to the team, but I'm not going to take away from Adams as a player because of that. Sounds like your ire should be directed at the front office and CS who chose to draft him, if anything.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

You could replace Adams name with Barry Sanders....  or Julio Jones this year, Jalen Ramsey, Von Miller, Ju Ju, Saquon, on and on and on this year..  all your supposed IMPAKT players.

Stop pretending that any 1 player - other than a top shelf QB - can swing the record as dramatically as you expect Jamal to.  It's the argument of a 9 year old..  I expect that from guys like 80 and Creepy but you occasionally create a post that makes me think you have a brain in your skull.

occasionally.

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say that theres no such thing as good or bad players, everyone just tries there best every week (Adams tries harder than everyone else though)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

He had a really good game today and made the big play at the end.  I still find him to be a big self promotion guy that the media (and fans) eat up.  Two plays earlier in the game he came in late after the play was essentially stuffed (once by quinnen williams who made a great play) and because he is flapping the arms and strutting and self promotion the cameras focus on him the commentators say what a great play he just made when really we was purely in clean up mode the and true maker of the play was ignored.

Constant self promotion rankles me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Adams is and has been a very good player for this team. It's not his fault the idiot GM decided to pick a safety with the 6th pick. You need to get over it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He had a really good game today and made the big play at the end.  I still find him to be a big self promotion guy that the media (and fans) eat up.  Two plays earlier in the game he came in late after the play was essentially stuffed (once by quinnen williams who made a great play) and because he is flapping the arms and strutting and self promotion the cameras focus on him the commentators say what a great play he just made when really we was purely in clean up mode the and true maker of the play was ignored.

Constant self promotion rankles me.

Robby  Anderson is a big self promoter but no one pays attention to him.

4 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

The hatred of Adams by this board is so ******* bizarre, and sad

It's misplaced anger. 

The anger should be focused solely on a general manager who passed on two franchise QBs with Christian Hackenberg and Josh McCown on his roster - a decision that he only made because he reached for Hackenberg in the 2nd round a year earlier (a historically bad draft pick that all of us PSU fans knew was a disastrous move the moment it happened)

But hating Adams makes no sense. He's a stud and one of the best players in the league at his position. 

• Upvote 2

He's great. And if anyone watched his postgame was super gracious too. When asked about Sam's impact the first thing he did was call out to Falk for stepping into a tough spot. Was the only guy to do that today when everyone received that question - classy.

• Upvote 3

Just now, ryu79 said:

He's great. And if anyone watched his postgame was super gracious too. When asked about Sam's impact the first thing he did was call out to Falk for stepping into a tough spot. Was the only guy to do that today when everyone received that question - classy.

The haters didn't hear that.  They will point out that he needs to shave or that he didn't smile.

Just now, dbatesman said:

What’s amazing is the teams that were so unlucky to not get Adams, like the Texans and Chiefs, lmao are there faces red right now

Watson and Mahomes thru 2 years playoff record: 1-2

Mark Sanchez thru 2 years playoff record:  4-2

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What’s amazing is the teams that were so unlucky to not get Adams, like the Texans and Chiefs, lmao are there faces red right now

I wonder if calling the Steelers and offering Adams for non-all-pro JuJu Smith Schuster would cause the Steelers GM to have a stroke laughing at that offer. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Robby  Anderson is a big self promoter but no one pays attention to him.

Not even remotely close in the same hemisphere as adams.  Also it is tough for a Wr to strut around and take credit for a great play made by another wr the qb or a rb.  If Adams is within 10 yards of a play he is playing it up and as i said in my previous post the camera and commentary gives him credit for the 'big play' when half the time it is another guy.

He did have a great game today though, no question about it.  He only blew coverage once vs witten, other than that he was good in the pass and run game and at least gregg williams has him doing both and not being todd bowles and lining him on the line every damn play.