18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets have a starting left tackle on the roster his name is Chuma Edoga

the biggest needs are: 

Pass rush OLB

CB

WR 

Center

in that order 

how their needs line up to where they pick in the draft remains to be seen. they probably are going to pick in the 6-12 range not top 5 

Bit, do u think Edoga is adequate or really good?  I'd love to have a stud for Sam at LT for a decade.  I hope JD can put together an O'line that stay together for a long time.  Got spoiled with Dbrick Mangold and those guys. 

On 10/21/2019 at 9:46 AM, Beerfish said:

You guys are KILLING me.  Taking the macaganan view of the oline by solving it via FA and not investing in it in the draft which is where you actually get good.

Resist the shiny toys and build the foundation.

Draft 2 guys, sign 1 or 2 in free agency to plug holes.

I'd target LT and Center in the first 4 rounds, then look for those stealthy kind of signings, UDFAs, etc. at Guard or make a move similar to what netted the Jets Alex Lewis.  The Draft should be used for those premium positions on the OLine IMO.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:56 AM, TJ said:

Bit, do u think Edoga is adequate or really good?  I'd love to have a stud for Sam at LT for a decade.  I hope JD can put together an O'line that stay together for a long time.  Got spoiled with Dbrick Mangold and those guys. 

Great question (and I know it wasn't directed to me), but that's what the Jets need to answer by January.  We don't need to know today but we do need to know by Week 17 whether Edoga is a starter (and is it at RT or LT), or is he simply a better Brandon Shell, someone who CAN start when you need him but someone you'd rather have as your backup swing OT.

The salvageable pieces of this OLine (whether starter or backup) seem to be Lewis, Edoga, Shell and Harrison.  Almost everyone else is a goner either because they're not good enough or too old.....Beachum, Winters, Osemele, etc.  None of those guys are in the Jets longterm plans.

Heading off on a bit of a tangent here, but if you can move Leo Williams for even a late 3rd, that could be turned into a starting Center or OG.  And for a DT who will either leave or cost the Jets more than he should, that's a pretty good swap IMO.

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Draft 2 guys, sign 1 or 2 in free agency to plug holes.

I'd target LT and Center in the first 4 rounds, then look for those stealthy kind of signings, UDFAs, etc. at Guard or make a move similar to what netted the Jets Alex Lewis.  The Draft should be used for those premium positions on the OLine IMO.

Must draft two guys minimum and both high picks.  Free agency never solves the oline usually does not even stop gap it.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Great question (and I know it wasn't directed to me), but that's what the Jets need to answer by January.  We don't need to know today but we do need to know by Week 17 whether Edoga is a starter (and is it at RT or LT), or is he simply a better Brandon Shell, someone who CAN start when you need him but someone you'd rather have as your backup swing OT.

The salvageable pieces of this OLine (whether starter or backup) seem to be Lewis, Edoga, Shell and Harrison.  Almost everyone else is a goner either because they're not good enough or too old.....Beachum, Winters, Osemele, etc.  None of those guys are in the Jets longterm plans.

Heading off on a bit of a tangent here, but if you can move Leo Williams for even a late 3rd, that could be turned into a starting Center or OG.  And for a DT who will either leave or cost the Jets more than he should, that's a pretty good swap IMO.

Totally agree.... If we can get a 3rd for Leo - Great.  Agree with Beerfish' post below.  Free agency rarely solves O'line problems.  Gotta draft em early and often. 

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

With Tua, Burrow, Herbert and Eason all being considered legit first round QBs, the Jets could finally be in a position where a trade down scenario should be realistically possible.  If the QBs go high, you could still trade down a little and still land an Andrew Thomas.   

I’m willing to forgo the best OT in the draft if it means accumulating some premium draft currency. 

On 10/21/2019 at 12:34 PM, bitonti said:

the Jets have a starting left tackle on the roster his name is Chuma Edoga

the biggest needs are: 

Pass rush OLB

CB

WR 

Center

in that order 

how their needs line up to where they pick in the draft remains to be seen. they probably are going to pick in the 6-12 range not top 5 

Edoga is garbage. And we are trending towards another top 5 selection.  

On 11/2/2019 at 11:15 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Edoga is garbage. And we are trending towards another top 5 selection.  

Edoga is fine. Shell at RT is fine. Neither are pro bowlers but they give the 2.5 seconds

Harrison was an upgrade over Kalil at center this week. 

meanwhile Darryl Roberts shouldn't be a CB2 he's not even CB5

his WR is running free and clear in the end zone 

regardless of where they pick the needs order remains the same CB and OLB are dire needs (big Baby 95 is being used as an outside edge rusher on 3rd and long because he's the best they have ) WR is a pretty bad need too Demarious Thomas is terrible 

if they can stumble into the Edge from Ohio State they have to take him 

yes they need more linemen but Edoga/Shell is viable - they need interior players to compete with Lewis/Harrison/Winters